JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Private groups getting titles?
Edited by Messax: 1/25/2014 4:58:12 AM
I would love a group feature that makes organizing games easier. We do Community Carnages all the time. Why not make it easy for a group to create games? People could add themselves to a time / slot in the roster, and an email would be sent to them the day of to remind them of their commitment. It would certainly add a lot to the whole idea of "groups" in the first place. Actually.... this doesn't seem that hard. A couple of webforms and dynamic options. It's acquiring a user's email that's difficult. I wonder if Bungie's API lets me access notifications on a user's account...
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• It would be easier for private groups having a group "calendar". When an event is posted (if it's public or private), it can be open, restricted or closed. If you're signed up for the event, you're allowed to receive notifications that pertain to the event - however you receive them - like Facebook. Right now in your notification settings, you can enable yourself to receive them via contact email address. They wouldn't let anyone have any access to acquiring email addresses even through API, tis' against their privacy policy.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Well... Ok so Bungie wouldn't allow publicly accessable emails... But if it's a Microsoft account, I could just use OAuth. I wouldn't even need their credentials to verify who they are. The problem is sending a reminder.... how would I do that? The end user would have to give up their email, unless there's a way to access the notification thing. I'm considering just whipping up a standalone web app that would allow this basic functionality. The problem I have is authentication and reminders. Ideally, there would be an "owner" and the owner of the event could make changes, boot people who signed up, etc. But without authentication taht's not possible.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon