JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Gaming

Talk about games other than Destiny. We don't mind.

Edited by UphillMercury: 11/11/2013 8:24:17 PM

If Bethesda were to release a sequel to Brink...

Yes

Maybe

No

And fixed all of the original's flaws, would you play it? To be clear, I'm talking about an actual campaign, better A.I., better servers for less lag in multiplayer matches, as well as the tweaking or overhauling of any game features thought of as major flaws that I have omitted. Personally, if a Brink sequel were to be improved in every way from the original, I would play it. I thought the Ark was pretty cool, and would love to see Brink reach or exceed the original expectations of its consumers. However, I'd wait for the ratings to come in first; I don't want a repeat occurrence. Please describe why you voted the way you did.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Maybe. I was let down by the first (as were many) but if they specifically stated what they changed I'd think about it. One thing that would make me very interested would be if it became an open world.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

1 Reply
    • Maybe. The people who made it, Splash Damage, remain those who created the best FPS ever to grace this world.
      Add more answer options

• Edited by Wompy: 11/12/2013 8:08:51 AM
      I still play Brink and have a ton of fun in it, if they made a sequel with these things added it would be great. I never had any lag playing it, the movement was great, at least to me. The only thing I didn't like was I hardly ever had a full lobby of real players
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • They should have released Brink as a F2P multiplayer game on PC.
        Add more answer options

• Wasn't the Brink PC version really good though?
        Add more answer options

• I don't know how I would feel about it. That was the game that really made me hesitant about pre-ordering new IPs with less than in-depth info
        Add more answer options

• I'd have to play the first one as a point of reference
        Add more answer options

• Nope will never touch that trash of a game even if its a sequel or remake
        Add more answer options

• I wouldn't say a sequel would be good but more of a remake
        Add more answer options

4 Replies
        • I liked Brink... Their biggest flaw was emphasizing the story before launch and the talk of "blurring the lines between singleplayer and multiplayer". Brink was a multiplayer game through and through. And the lag was only a real problem for the first week after launch.
          Add more answer options

1 Reply
          • It would still suck.
            Add more answer options

2 Replies
            • I thought Brink was barely enjoyable, so maybe if they fixed all the major problems
              Add more answer options

• Edited by Gregory Marshall: 11/11/2013 10:45:29 PM
              I believe their approach in design is novel enough that if they [i]did[/i] fix all of the original flaws (of which the game had many of) I would definitely give it a second chance, if only to shake up try something genuinely unique from time-to-time.
              Add more answer options

• I actually loved the first one, so if a second ever came out I would buy it.
              Add more answer options

• It would need to have a lot more replayability and be pretty much glitch free.
              Add more answer options

• No
              Add more answer options

4 Replies
              • Probably not, it didn't look that great, seemed like a lesser version of Team Fortress 2 with still too many put-offs.
                Add more answer options

4 Replies
                • They need to make the feel and controls of it flow better
                  Add more answer options

• But Bethesda didn't make Brink...
                  Add more answer options

1 Reply
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  You are not allowed to view this content.