JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

#Builds

originally posted in:Guardian Radio Alliance
10/31/2013 4:14:02 AM

Builds

I just finished watching More Console's latest video about his time spent with Deej abd Urk. In it he mentioned that the trailer they got to watched mentioned limitless customization. He then then stated the part of that customization would be builds. Instantly my mind went to a sort of "loadout" idea. Now because Watts hates the Titan I'm gonna use this as my example. (Warning: these are all my speculations and opinions and none of what I may mention is confirmed) Build 1 Weapons: Shotgun, Hand Cannon, and Super Good Advice as my special. Armor: I am assuming that Helmets. Gauntlets, Torso, etc. Will be interchangeable. And seeing as I have mostly short to medium range weapons, im gonna have armor that has attributes to increase damage via melee and reduce melee damage done to me. Special Ability: again as I have close quarter style gear, I'm gonna go with fists of havoc :-) Build 2 Weapons: fusion Rifle (smg), Assault Rifle (3 round burst with scope), Rocket Launcher for Special. Armor: This time I have more range so im gonna equip some matching armor I looted from old chicago that I found in a room after beating some fallen captain. Attributes include steadier aim and less damage from enemy bullets. Special Ability: We don't know much about these but I'm gonna call it super bullet punch which adds damage while I'm shooting. Build 1, I think would be good against the hive. From what I've seen they like to run mindlessly at you and swarm so close quarters is gonna be huge. Build 2, Would be good in my opionion for the fallen. They will stay back and try to shoot you so having weapons that give you range would be a good thing. My view. What do you guys think?

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Can't wait to start planning out builds... I truly hope it is crazy in depth. I want to be able to spend hours upon hours thinking of all the possibile build options that would interest me. I used to play a lot of table top D&D. The best part of the game to me was planning my build. I actually hope Destiny can scratch that interest of mine. Also, looking forward to debating #Medykuss on builds :)

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I'd like to be honest... I figured builds to be evident from previous info from the Out Here in the Wild Vidoc and the loot system. The mention of builds therefore sounded like old news to me. I even made the same sort of thing you have here after E3! A problem with your first build is that a shotgun is most likely a secondary weapon. Using an assault rifle for your primary will most likely be your best tactical decision due to full auto capability that can tear through incoming Hive quickly. You'll definitely want to save that SGA for Phogoth when you reach him to inflict high damage safely, unless you have ample fireteam support distracting him. Build 2 seems similarly mistaken regarding weapon classification, except this time your pulse rifle (that's the 3-rounder you are talking about) will be your primary. Hopefully, this allows your fusion rifle to be secondary, as it will definitely make for good suppressing fire. I would expect to see Titan's with rocket launchers for medium range engagements as well... especially if they don't have the ranged firepower of a Warlock supporting them. Let's hope we get to see more Titan abilities before the beta arrives. It's great that Destiny allows for so many possibilities for combat preparation compared to what Halo would do.

2 Replies
    • I'll probably have one build that I use for the majority of the time, probably a DMR, an Assault Rifle, and a Sniper Rifle. I do like the look of the golden gun ability so I might have another build with a pistol.

preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon
    You are not allowed to view this content.