JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

originally posted in:The Last Assassins
10/21/2013 4:04:54 AM

Sniping?

How do you guys want the sniping physics to be? Like COD? Like Bf3? Halo? Just want to get an idea on what you guy's opinion is. [spoiler]Bf4 sniping is also an option for those that have played the beta[/spoiler]
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Sniping should be challenging and realistic. I like games where the scope is moving slightly and where the position of the avatar influences the accuracy (lying: best accuracy; kneeing: medium; standing or moving: hard). I although like the 'holding breath' feature.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

2 Replies
    • halo style BF is terrible
      Add more answer options

• BF cause you'll nenes to calculate your shots
      Add more answer options

• Bf3 its harder and more rewarding.
      Add more answer options

• I hope it's like sniping in Halo or Gears of War. Very little aim assist. Mostly skill
      Add more answer options

• I want it to be like Destiny sniping...its own thing
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • Bf4 or Cod I hate halo sniping
        Add more answer options

• 1 shot headshots on unarmored targets only. Helmets/armor require 2 (or more) shots to kill.
        Add more answer options

• Halo
        Add more answer options

• Halo, obviously.
        Add more answer options

• Halo, 2 shot body kill, 1 shot head kill
        Add more answer options

• I want to snipe Cabals on the moon from Earth.
        Add more answer options

1 Reply
        • i want it to be something i have to learn and adapt to better weapon better scope but unlikely ppl will agree with me on tht
          Add more answer options

1 Reply
          • BF3/4 DO 4 ME AND ALL THE OTHER FANS I WANT SHOOTING MILES away on hills and buildings
            Add more answer options

• I'll take bf3 sniping. Sure it's harder but landing a killshot is sooo much more satisfying.
            Add more answer options

• I want my bullets to shoot straight and travel parabolically according to these equations x= V(t)cos(d)+(1/2)(A)(t^2) y=V(t)sin(d)-(1/2)g(t^2) and its energy to be determined by these equations K=(1/2)(m)(V^2) U= mgh or U=mgy and this to be true in all cases F=ma
            Add more answer options

3 Replies
            • Halo sniping. No bullet drop, no problem.
              Add more answer options

1 Reply
              • I honestly would prefer physics leaning towards BF3/4 gameplay. It adds reality and skill, if anyone can simply aim and shoot and pull off otherwise difficult shots, then in many ways sniping/rifling would be a bit dull and easy. That, and I play too much Battlefield!
                Add more answer options

• I think it should be something between battlefield and halo. COD sniping is literally a joke, no bullet drop and instant target hit, doesnt take distance or height, or speed into the formula, if destiny can manage something realistic but still have a haloish feel to it then that would be good
                Add more answer options

• I want it to be like halo but with a drop after a long shot but I still want the ability to shoot vary far
                Add more answer options

• Edited by LotsaJam: 10/21/2013 11:40:45 AM
                Liek Halo but with bullet drop after a very long distance, because the areas are so big the range shouldn't be infinite
                Add more answer options

• You have to remember that if they implemented that projectile weapons would operate very differently depending on the gravity on the planet unless said projectile weapons all used gyrojet projectiles.
                Add more answer options

• With human weapons i wan lead and drop over distance but alien weapons i dont care to much about cause theyll be more advanced
                Add more answer options

preload icon
              preload icon
              preload icon
              You are not allowed to view this content.