JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

8/24/2013 7:29:52 PM

Hello Flood. Help me name my fictional organization?

I'm writing a fictional story, based in the future. This organization is going to be part of a more larger Empire, named the United Races of the Galaxy, or the URG. What it lacks, however, is a security/information department, much like ONI(Office of Naval Intelligence), CIA(Central Intelligence Agency), the NSA(National Security Agency, and a few other spy departments, whether they be fictional or not. I already have a few, but I can't decide. Here are my options- Department of Galactic Security (DGS) Department of Universal Security (DUS) Galactic Information/Intelligence Agency (GIA) Office of Galactic Security (OGS) Office of Galactic Intelligence (OGI)(Too Halo IMO, but it sounds [i]sooo good[/i]) Few others, but id rather not create a wall of text. Which one do you think I should go for? You have any suggestions? I'd appreciate the help! Context: URG does travel across different universes/dimensions, so the DUS would make sense. The URG are the good guys, though this department I'm naming isn't 100% good, or bad. URG [i]does[/i] have many races within it, including humanity.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Bad Guiz 4 lyf
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Federal bureau of galactic intelligence and investigation. FBGIAI
    Add more answer options

• FapMasterSecurityAgency FMSA
    Add more answer options

• ifarted69
    Add more answer options

• Have a CIA agent vesrsion of the OGS called the Agents of the Intergalactic Department of Security.
    Add more answer options

• Department of Interplanetary/international Circumnavigational Knight Systems Or Chinese-Orient Collection King Society
    Add more answer options

2 Replies
    • Reapers Of the Galactic Union E? HELP!
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • *Sigh* I need to write some of my universe down.
        Add more answer options

• DGS sounds good to me, just a tip, if you try to explain something, don't make it a half asses explanation, I hate it when writers do that.
        Add more answer options

• universal security district I don't know if this helps my fellow floodian(the OP),but I hope it does
        Add more answer options

• Now i want to write my own sci-fi! Any tips?
        Add more answer options

• Well you might wanna try to be more original. You even admitted that it sounds too "Halo"
        Add more answer options

3 Replies
        • We aren't The Flood, The Flood ended when Bungie stopped making Halo.
          Add more answer options

2 Replies
          • Edited by A ToplessZombie: 8/25/2013 9:01:24 PM
            Star command !
            Add more answer options

• Ministry of Magic. Magic is Might.
            Add more answer options

• This idea sounds plebeian and overdone. It reminds me of the UNSC, which is bad. Try something more original. [spoiler]I know I sound like a total prick. I don't know how else to give constructive criticism.[/spoiler]
            Add more answer options

2 Replies
            • Bureau of Galactic Surety, BGS. Or, you could just google synonyms for words like National, Security, and Agency. Or Office, Navel, and Intelligence.
              Add more answer options

2 Replies
              • The Ass Clappers of the Galaxy
                Add more answer options

1 Reply
                • Host Club
                  Add more answer options

• The Zodiac
                  Add more answer options

• The Ghost Busters.
                  Add more answer options

• Edited by XB Fighter: 8/25/2013 10:16:07 AM
                  Alrighty, we have picked DRUID, the Department of Reconnaissance, Universal Intelligence and Defence. Thanks for your help, Flood!
                  Add more answer options

5 Replies
                  • Though I'd love to see some of your universe. Sounds very interesting:D
                    Add more answer options

2 Replies
                    • Office of Extraterrestrial Intelligent ( OETI )
                      Add more answer options

• Eradication of repulsive evil and corruption team.
                      Add more answer options

2 Replies
                      • Edited by Magical Robot: 8/24/2013 7:44:08 PM
                        Galactic observation department. (GOD) Bureau of Intelligence and Observation (BIO) will add more when they come to mind. Department of Reconnaissance, Universal Intelligence and Defense (DRUID) (I like this one a lot)
                        Add more answer options

7 Replies
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        preload icon
                        You are not allowed to view this content.