JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
We will be pushing a patch live tomorrow. Players will be required to log in to Destiny again after returning to the title screen to install the patch. You should not be removed from any activities you are currently in.

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

8/17/2013 10:05:26 PM

will bungie disappoint at gamescom?

It's confirmed that bungie will be showing gameplay of old Russia. Most likely the same gameplay shown at E3. Also, they will be releasing a new vidoc. But is a vidoc enough? Would you rather then show new gameplay? Is the hype dying? Discuss!
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Still waiting for Armor Lock...
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

1 Reply
    • I'm gonna be there tomorrow and I REALLY hope they'll drop a giant bomb then. A new Vidoc is fine. The last one was pretty interesting! But it better contain some more NEW info... not stuff about the MP Modes we already knew.
      Add more answer options

2 Replies
      • No they will not dissapoint.
        Add more answer options

8 Replies
        • it could be the greatest thing since sliced bread , it still wouldn't satisfy the naysayers and downers here on B.net , who wont be satisfied until ether bungie tells them everything or destiny finally releases , with the latter being more likely .... that being said im looking forward to it , it may be the same area , but like any story , the time and place may be the same , but a story can look vastly different through the eyes of another , the game may look a certain way to the people at bungie , but it could look very different from the perpective of those seven testers of likely aren't following a script like they did at E3 . a good example of this are the missions in resident evil , specifically those featuring Ada Wong , they are experienced one way during the main campaign , but come off in a different light when playing as her .
          Add more answer options

4 Replies
          • well, at least I know there is a replacement for the bubble shield and some new sights for the guns....
            Add more answer options

• Edited by WILLtheKILLA5: 8/24/2013 2:47:51 PM
            I was not disappointed.
            Add more answer options

• No, they haven't. The ViDoc was enough, I don't need any more news for a month of so. I want to figure stuff out on my own while PLAYING Destiny, I don't want anymore spoiled.
            Add more answer options

12 Replies
            • Bungie disappointed at E3
              Add more answer options

24 Replies
              • Vidoc confirmed. I haven't seen anything about any gameplay yet.
                Add more answer options

1 Reply
                • Unless this vidoc is 15-30 minutes long or features some new concepts we haven't seen before, I'd be disappointed. Unless the Old Russia gameplay is in a new area, then I guess I'd be somewhat okay.
                  Add more answer options

• If they do, I will cry manly tears of manliness.
                  Add more answer options

2 Replies
                  • Well gameplay wise many are going to be disappointed because I was just reading a thread that linked to an article stating they are just showing the E3 demo just with different people playing it.
                    Add more answer options

• If they show Destiny, it'll be like Call of Duty:Ghost except Space Marines. Halo of Duty:Call to Battle
                    Add more answer options

3 Replies
                    • Wait when did they confirm Old Russia gameplay?
                      Add more answer options

• well we know its not goanna be anything like E3 but there will be new news and that's good
                      Add more answer options

• I hope they are going to show new gameplay. The new vidoc will be about the wild and more stuff about the gaurdians
                      Add more answer options

• Edited by adamSKELETON: 8/18/2013 7:52:49 PM
                      The teaser for ViDoc2. shows more of The Hive and it seems to be either night time or on the moon or something as well as what appears to be a new character design and a new ability. Footage also appears to be more gameplay oriented rather and background story. I'm pretty sure this footage is coming this month with Gamescom and PAX Prime taking place. this new footage will likely be displayed at one of the events. Seeing as you don't put up a three story screen for no reason... I'm going to say it's happening at Gamescom. lol or i cold just be wrong.
                      Add more answer options

• I dont know, they have a dirty big statue that looks really scarey.
                      Add more answer options

• Bungie is going to blow your cancerous shoes off.
                      Add more answer options

• Where is your confirmation link?
                      Add more answer options

6 Replies
                      • In thinking its a 50/50 chance...
                        Add more answer options

• Well I don't think they'll disappoint because even though its still in old Russia the audience gets to play and in the demo where Joseph staten turns around he says its all playable terrain so who knows where the players will wanna go I'm sure they'll be allowed to explore plenty of old Russia rather than just the same linear demo come on guys have some faith in bungie
                        Add more answer options

• Edited by DigiOps: 8/17/2013 10:08:09 PM
                        Maybe it'll be a continuation of what we saw of old Russia after the public event. At least I would hope so. It'd be kind of pointless to show gameplay of what everyone has already seen.
                        Add more answer options

1 Reply
                        • Who cares, ViDoc 2.
                          Add more answer options

4 Replies
                          • So far they have.
                            Add more answer options

preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          You are not allowed to view this content.