JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
We are continuing to investigate issues of players encountering BEAVER error codes when attempting to play Destiny. Stand by for updates.

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

originally posted in:Hunters of Destiny
8/8/2013 8:19:32 PM

Did you know this about Faction Osiris?

I knew this already.

Didn't know this before!

I'm studying World History and it said it's an Egyptian god from around 2000 B.C. that was the god of death. Interesting to me. Many people may have seen or read this before, but it's new to me and hopefully a few others out there. Any thoughts?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• No shit. I knew this since I was 5.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Not just death but also rebirth! In destiny it probly refers to how the humans were nearly wiped out and now the Osiris faction is going to bring them back some way.
    Add more answer options

5 Replies
    • It's surprising that some people don't know it
      Add more answer options

11 Replies
      • I thought Osiris was common knowledge, he's made quite an impact on western culture.
        Add more answer options

1 Reply
        • I knew it had to do something with Egypt
          Add more answer options

• Around hs junior year, I became absorbed with mythical creatures and lore and stuff on wiki... Not proud about it, but it happened... So yea, i think Osiris was one of the main gods u had to meet in the book of the dead, which tells the egyptian version of afterlife and the process one goes thru to go to some kind of heaven or paradise
          Add more answer options

1 Reply
          • Oh, wow I didn't know that! Nice find!
            Add more answer options

• Bungie and mythology, good ol' friends them two are.
            Add more answer options

preload icon
          preload icon
          preload icon
          You are not allowed to view this content.