JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
We are continuing to investigate issues of players encountering BEAVER error codes when attempting to play Destiny. Stand by for updates.

Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

Edited by Javelin: 7/25/2013 5:25:10 PM
Javelin

Final 3D Render - The Hunter + Desktop Background

Hey guys, so based on some of the feedback I got after my last post I made some changes (knocked back the blood, dirtied some stuff up), I also ended up adding a sniper rifle I modeled after one of the gun concepts for Destiny, as a result I decided to do a new pose and at that point got a bit carried away. I also wanted to give you guys a desktop background as a thanks for all the positive feedback I got. I tried to keep to the style and spirit of Destiny. Here's the desktop background in 1920x1200: [url]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29785840/DestinyHunterDesktop.jpg[/url] This is my stage render for portfolio and I'll have a complete turn around up on my website soon for those interested in 3D: [url]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/29785840/StageRender.jpg[/url] On another note for those that are curious, I know a lot of you guys asked in thread or even messaged me about applying to Bungie. I did apply for a generalist position though I didn't meet the experience requirements as I'm fresh out of school. I plan to work on an environment next as it appears that it might be easier to find an entry level position in the industry doing environment work. But for now still job hunting :). Anyway, thanks for all the great feedback and support, best gaming community I've ever seen. -Dustin (Javelin). dustingagner.com
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

Mystic
    Mystic

Not OP anymore - old

Seriously Cool!!!!! Nice Work.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• As a guy that likes and ventures into the 3d arts: bravo!
    Add more answer options

• And here I am struggling to draw a -blam!-ing circle.
    Add more answer options

• Bump
    Add more answer options

• Beautiful work!
    Add more answer options

• Is he wearing that ugly raid armor?
    Add more answer options

1 Reply
    • Really cool. Well done :) looks great
      Add more answer options

• Amazing work, congrats!
      Add more answer options

• Awesome you choose a Hunter!
      Add more answer options

• Looks good Dustin, keep the good stuff coming !!!!
      Add more answer options

• your detail and over all work is fantastic, i just can't help but notice that it looks like his torso looks like it is sliding away from his hips, i dont know if it is from where you added in the rifle or not, but his hips dont line up with the rest of the body. still i have it up for my 3rd comp screen and hope to see more work in the future, mate.
      Add more answer options

• I'm on my phone right now so I'm just comment on this so I can find it when I get home
      Add more answer options

• Keep at it. Great work also. Program? Looks 2D? Do you have a turnaround?
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • Respect
        Add more answer options

• [quote], best gaming community I've ever seen.[/quote] You sure about that?
        Add more answer options

2 Replies
        • He needs to look more like...a Destiny Hunter. Not just a random dude. Either way it's talented work
          Add more answer options

• Nice work. I thought this was going to be a baby crying pic when I read the title.
          Add more answer options

• Wow, you're a really talented art. Nice work!!
          Add more answer options

• Sick
          Add more answer options

• It's the Calcutta!
          Add more answer options

• Edited by ColMustardsGas: 10/7/2015 9:07:10 PM
          nice work dude.
          Add more answer options

• Awesome! Shame that it's not a titan...
          Add more answer options

• Wow I want that helmet...
          Add more answer options

8 Replies
          • Soften the edges on the front right leg of the 3D model and your set. Great work mate.
            Add more answer options

• Dude, make one for Titan next! You're really freaking good!
            Add more answer options

• Bump
            Add more answer options

preload icon
          preload icon
          preload icon
          You are not allowed to view this content.