JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

5/28/2013 9:18:21 PM

How long is the dating phase supposed to last?

How long is the dating phase supposed to last? Or more specifically; how long should it last before someone pops the question? Some friends of mine say 1 year tops. While others say at least 5! Help?
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• 1. Depends on how old/ mature you two are 2. Depends on your faith in each other and your relationship I can't provide an answer, so I say wait until you're sure you know what your doing
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• There is no formula. Whatever feels right for you and your partner.
    Add more answer options

• my uncle got married at least 20 years after he officially got into a relationship. they just didn't feel the need to get married.
    Add more answer options

• It's different for everybody. My parents got married two weeks after meeting and have been together since, however I know some people who it took years to know whether they were right for each other.
    Add more answer options

• Until you figure out you belong together and do something about it, or you figure out that you don't belong together and do something about it.
    Add more answer options

• No question should be even popped. There's no way you can lead anyone on to that point. Just let it evolve naturally. When someone [i]else[/i] asks if you're somewhere beyond dating ("Are you boyfriend and girlfriend?", etc.) [i]then[/i] you can safely assume so. That's what I say.
    Add more answer options

• As long as it needs to.
    Add more answer options

preload icon
preload icon
preload icon
You are not allowed to view this content.