JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
We will be pushing a patch live tomorrow. Players will be required to log in to Destiny again after returning to the title screen to install the patch. You should not be removed from any activities you are currently in.

Gaming

Talk about games other than Destiny. We don't mind.

Edited by Recon Number 54: 5/22/2013 3:44:32 PM

So I'm migrating to PC gaming (share your build!)

I've been planning this in the background for over a year, and seeing what a trainwreck I think the XB1 is about to become for its core audience I'm hauling ass and moving to the good side of gaming (again). Since I haven't been down this route for almost a decade, what hardware is good right now? Basically, post your builds :D
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Edited by Raptor: 5/22/2013 7:41:31 PM
    I5 2550K Intel 4 core processor 3.4GHZ GTX 560 TI Factory super clocked graphics card 4GB's of RAM...I really need to get a stick of 2GB or something Windows 7 Ultimate 1 TB Hard drive Runs anything I can throw at it on max settings...besides Metro Last Light
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• Edited by Ted Bundy: 5/22/2013 8:16:53 PM
    i7-3770k Intel processor GTX 670 8GB ram Windows 8 1TB hard drive I believe the i7-3770k is the best "performance" (not extreme level) grade processor out there currently for Intel. If you're building a new build though I would highly recommend waiting a month or so and getting a 4th-gen Haswell Intel CPU. Intel's roadmap is based on a yearly "tick-tock" system where the "tick" is an updated version of the previous technology and the "tock" is a new microarchitecture as a whole. The i7-3770k was a "tick" so it wasn't a huge advancement, but a good Sandy Bridge advancement nonetheless, but I may just update to a Haswell CPU if I have extra cash to blow this June as it should bring some cool improvements. That's pretty unlikely though as the Haswell CPU will require a different socket than what my mobo supports and what my current CPU requires and I don't feel like gettin a new mobo and goin through the process of seeing what is compatible and what not. Shit I remember last year around this exact time I was tracking my shipments for my parts. Building this PC was fun as hell If I strike it rich in the future I'm gonna love making a yearly build just for the shit of it cause that was some real fun lols. I'm not even a hardcore PC gamer anyways. Intend to log more hours on my Xbox One as opposed to on my PC in regards of gaming just as I have the past 6 months with this new build and my Xbox 360.
    Add more answer options

• Edited by Fridge Gnome: 5/22/2013 3:41:59 PM
    image only slightly related... AMD FX-4170 (lapped and mudkip'd) MSI 990-FXA GD80V2 2x GTX 460 8GB RAM Samsung f3 1tb Plus everything watercooled. Just a note for GPUs, I believe Nvidias 700 line is starting to come out. It's re-branded 600s, but it should also be cheaper/make the 600s cheaper.
    Add more answer options

3 Replies
    preload icon
    preload icon
    preload icon
    You are not allowed to view this content.