Destiny

Discuss all things Destiny.

[This group has been deleted]

This thread is inspired by another: view original post

Edited by Hylebos: 5/22/2013 11:47:28 PM

Should the Fallen Tank Climb or Jump?

Climb

Jump

The Question is simple: Based on the design of the Fallen Tank, do you think it's more suited for climbing, or jumping? "Both" is not an answer, I do not care if it looks like it can both climb and jump, I want to know which task it is better at based on the design of the tank.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• neither, but if by climb you mean go over rocks then sure, climb
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• It'll probably do neither. Just a mobility alien thing.
    Add more answer options

1 Reply
    • I see at as climbing like the tank in star wars
      Add more answer options

• Edited by Sir Cumsize: 5/23/2013 12:45:42 AM
      Where'd you get the picture? I've been collecting the concept art since since the beginning, but I've never seen this piece. OT: If I had to choose one or the other I would have to say climb, since jumping is highly impractical for a machine of that size.
      Add more answer options

1 Reply
      • It should DiveKick
        Add more answer options

• What kind of terrain to they have to deal with?
        Add more answer options

• Why not both?
        Add more answer options

8 Replies
        • Edited by ikan 2576: 5/22/2013 10:17:32 PM
          Jumping all the way up their would look out of place in a game like Destiny. It would make for some interesting combat fighting a spider tank that''s on the side of a glacier.
          Add more answer options

• I think it should act like the scarab and locust in Halo.
          Add more answer options

• I feel that climbing would look a lot less goofy.
          Add more answer options

• Jump..its a -blam!-in tank...lol it should not be able to jump
          Add more answer options

2 Replies
          • Both....
            Add more answer options

1 Reply
            • I want to see that sucker climb up a mountain and be introduced to it in some epic way in the campaign.
              Add more answer options

• *that moment when wings spread and it takes off toward you. OT: i think it would be funny to see one of these things jump.
              Add more answer options

• Given that it's clearly an giant armoured six-legged frog, I think it should jump.
              Add more answer options

2 Replies
              • It jumps...and lands on or near you like an earthquake.
                Add more answer options

• jumping wolf spider anyone?
                Add more answer options

• Jumping spider tanks? I'm in and would't it be cool to have some kind of rocket boosters on the bottom to make the jump even higher?
                Add more answer options

• I'm with Hylebos on this one. Jumping is the way to go.
                Add more answer options

• This is a very hotly debated topic. It's just such a difficult choice. The spider-tank has open spots where Fallen sit and man guns, so the jumping option would be very dangerous for them.
                Add more answer options

4 Replies
                • Any time you get that much weight dropping it'd slowly break itself to pieces.
                  Add more answer options

• Edited by W1NT3R KN1GHT: 5/21/2013 8:52:59 PM
                  It makes more sense for it to climb, It has spider legs....
                  Add more answer options

2 Replies
                  • I think they might be able to climb up a sloped hill or a small ledge but not climb up a vertical wall or jump.
                    Add more answer options

• Where's the option for both?
                    Add more answer options

6 Replies
                    • Neither it is a tank, nor a damn squirrel
                      Add more answer options

2 Replies
                      • Edited by Calamity Frost: 5/21/2013 3:36:27 PM
                        That thing would never be able to jump without jets or something. It looks like it could climb though (< +-70 degree), or would be useful in shitty terrain.
                        Add more answer options

preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      You are not allowed to view this content.