JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

Edited by Gaara444: 9/21/2013 3:28:36 AM

Why is "No Sex before marriage" bad?

Many people I talk too can't stop laughing when I tell them I don't plan on having sex until I get married. They say I'm just being ridiculous and then criticize me saying "I should grow up". I don't get it, if Sex is all it's cracked up to be, why wouldn't I want to do it with the person I love? Why would I want to participate in something so great so casually with people I might not care about? I have nothing against people who do have sex casually. I don't see shame in people wanting to feel needed even if it's only physical. I'm not here to judge (I gave a different thread for that), But why is my view apparently so obtuse that it's bad? Maybe it's because I didn't grow up around the topic casually. I'm not really a fan of talking about it casually, and it's only easy for me to do it here cause there's a level of anonymity on the internet. EDIT 9/20/13: The views expressed in this OP, are no longer up to date and have changed.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• People just make a bigger deal out of sex than necessary.
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• It isn't bad. Just ignore them.
    Add more answer options

• Because society.
    Add more answer options

• They're mad because you don't think like them.
    Add more answer options

• lol
    Add more answer options

• Sex is not required in life at all tbh. Especially at younger ages.
    Add more answer options

2 Replies
    • But what if the girl you end up marrying has already had sex? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose? IMO the lack of experience makes it less passionate for a first time and more awkward because im certain everyones first time has always been awkward in some way.
      Add more answer options

4 Replies
      • It isn't.
        Add more answer options

• If you want to wait until you're married, then wait. If you don't, then don't. Who gives a shit?
        Add more answer options

• Edited by Oneironaut: 5/15/2013 4:22:39 AM
        There's people that think that's bad? My my, society just seems to get more idiotic each day. I don't get why some people act like it's a bad thing to be a virgin. I remember I was playing Gears 3 one time, and this guy started calling me a fag nerd because of the sound of my voice, he then proceeded to call me a virgin. My response being, "well I am a virgin." He then when on to tell me what my priorities in life should be, when I told him I don't care about that stuff atm and I'm more concerned with my Guitar playing, he laughed and said I should be concerned about getting pussy. He said some other stuff, but I'd rather not mention it, I'm still kind of aggravated that there are people that think extremely low of others just because they're virgins.
        Add more answer options

17 Replies
        • Edited by Hargbeast: 5/15/2013 4:08:42 AM
          Because instinct. Or at least that's the reason why others criticize you.
          Add more answer options

• It's not bad, people just like to make a big deal out of little things. Just ignore the people who decide to laugh at you for it, their opinion is unimportant.
          Add more answer options

• Edited by True Underdog: 5/15/2013 4:15:25 AM
          Do what you wanna do, man. If you wanna wait, wait. If you don't, don't. Doesn't really matter what anyone else thinks. Personally, I don't think there's anything wrong with experiencing that level of intimacy with someone before you marry them. It's a big part of a relationship. Would suck to find out that there's no chemistry there after you tied the knot but if you're confident that it won't happen, then, like I said: do what you want.
          Add more answer options

1 Reply
          • It's not bad it's just vary uncommon, which makes it a source of amusement for most.
            Add more answer options

• Because they want your D...............................
            Add more answer options

11 Replies
            • It's not bad, but a lot of people now are usually "with the times", where if you experiment with sex before getting married, then it's just a norm. Not having sex before marriage is considered outdated by most and "not of the norm". For me, I told myself no sex before marriage. Then I met my ex and her friend.
              Add more answer options

• [quote]I have nothing against people who do have sex casually. I don't see shame in people wanting to feel needed[/quote] lol
              Add more answer options

1 Reply
              • Galileo had many children without being married, back then it was normal not to be married.
                Add more answer options

• I'm wanting the same, regardless of what my girlfriend wants. I think it's pretty cool to find kids around my generation who share that quality being as rare as it is.
                Add more answer options

• Why is marriage a requirement to be in love with someone? If both of you feel strongly about each other, then I don't see the point in holding off on sex...
                Add more answer options

• I think Underdog put it in the best words possible.
                Add more answer options

• Here's the discussion I had with my boyfriend about this back when we weren't sure if it was okay or not... (he's a Christian, both our parents are Christan, and I was struggling by being unsure if it'd be moral or not) The whole saving sex for marriage is a traditional thing that goes back a few thousand years back. That being said, people back then got married at a MUCH younger age (i.e. usually before you were done with puberty). From about the age 17-early 20s, we are in our sexual primes. Why? You're at the beginning of adulthood, so you're just at the peak of maturity. It's when we'll perform the best and it's when it feels the best, because of your adult youth. In today's society, most people don't marry until their late 20s or 30s. At the end of your 20s you are no longer at your prime. And that's why most people today have sex before marriage.
                Add more answer options

3 Replies
                • Edited by S0m3W31rd0: 5/15/2013 2:51:55 PM
                  The whole 'no sex before marriage' thing comes from a time when birth control didn't exist, making sure people only had sex when married ensures that any child conceived will have a proper family due to the couple being obligated to look after said child, due to being bound through marriage.
                  Add more answer options

• It's not bad to wait till marriage but, unless you're doing it for religious reasons, it's something that a lot of people will think is weird because it shows that you're making sex out to be some big thing that you can only do with a true love. In reality, sex is nothing like that and it tends to be only really immature or very religious people who think that way.
                  Add more answer options

3 Replies
                  • Because sex is fun.
                    Add more answer options

• i'm not against it but i find it a little silly because i'd have thought whether you're sexually compatible would be a fundamental part of finding out whether you love them or not. if she's the love of your life but she's crap in bed then you're naturally going to want something 'better' in bed which, if the two of you are married, more than likely will lead you to unfaithfulness.
                    Add more answer options

18 Replies
                    1 2 3 4 5
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    You are not allowed to view this content.