JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Warning
We are continuing to investigate issues of players encountering BEAVER error codes when attempting to play Destiny. Stand by for updates.

OffTopic

Surf a Flood of random discussion.

3/21/2013 3:04:56 PM

To This Day

This is so incredibly beautiful to me and I encourage everyone to share it. How often do you watch TED Talks? I watch it often and this is by far the best Talk I've heard. Any feels? Discuss... or something.
Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

• I was never bullied. Got a problem?
    Add more answer options

Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post.

18 Replies
    • Things like this always touch my emotional side. I have feels for a lot of things when people discuss things. I wouldn't say I was full-on bullied as a child, but definitely got a little bit of it. I was the tomboy. Rivaling the boys. I was the gamergirl. I was one of the only 'tan' colored kids at school (I'm Filipino). I'm glad I have the personality I have, because it doesn't affect me like it may others. I never thought anything of the other kids and what they'd say - I was just there to go to school and have fun. I want to teach my future kids that they are beautiful the way they are, no matter what others say. No matter how amazing you are, how beautiful you are, there is always going to be someone who doesn't like you. . . Great share Camm.
      Add more answer options

• I like it. But I dislike how he down talks medication. Pills [i]can[/i] fix more than just fevers. I'm not sure why people dislike medication for mental situations so much, they can do so much.
      Add more answer options

4 Replies
      • [quote]How often do you watch TED Talks? [/quote] None because I've never heard of him.
        Add more answer options

• Shane Koyczan will always give me feels. I actually had the honor to talk with him when he was on tour last year. I might also suggest listening to "The Crickets have Arthritis", one of his earlier pieces.
        Add more answer options

• [quote] How often do you watch TED Talks?[/quote] Pretty often. It's an amazing way to keep up to date with new, fresh ideas. It's one of the few places where you can can be assured that there are people still attempting to be innovative.
        Add more answer options

• Edited by FGDSFGDFG: 3/26/2013 5:45:19 AM

Started a new topic: How many people here have been bullied(4 Replies))

• Never been a fan of poetry, so didn't do as much for me as if he gave a regular talk about bullying.
        Add more answer options

1 Reply
        • Only 8 mins in...dem feels.
          Add more answer options

• I watched the TED talk about fapping. Pretty inspirational.
          Add more answer options

• This is my favorite of his.
          Add more answer options

• Ain't never been bullied so nope, no feels
          Add more answer options

• He should rap
          Add more answer options

1 Reply
          • TED talks?
            Add more answer options

3 Replies
            • Edited by Emperor Bell: 3/25/2013 9:06:37 AM
              Reminds me of that transexual poem on youtube where a girl gives a monologue about not being seen as who she is. I can't remember what is was called though, but it was as powerfully spoken as this. EDIT: found it. Everyone watch.
              Add more answer options

1 Reply
              • I thought bullying wasn't a problem...
                Add more answer options

2 Replies
                • I dont care for some reason.
                  Add more answer options

• I rarely watch these, however I really like this one.
                  Add more answer options

• I adore what this guy does with TED talks.
                  Add more answer options

• why would i watch someone talk?
                  Add more answer options

8 Replies
                  • I'm in study hall write now so I can't tear up but that definitely evoked a lot of emotion. My friend showed me the full animated version of the video a while ago.
                    Add more answer options

• all the feels
                    Add more answer options

• Watched a lot of TED talks in a few of my classes here in college. Best one I saw was a Malcolm Gladwell one about sauce.
                    Add more answer options

1 Reply
                    • Well that sure brought back some horrible memories of my elementary-early high school days. Ive watched some ted talks before they are pretty interesting.
                      Add more answer options

• Meh. As if people need any more encouragement to be egotistic without good cause.
                      Add more answer options

6 Replies
                      • I've seen a few of these, always very thought provoking, unfortunatley they don't provoke my memory too well.
                        Add more answer options

preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      You are not allowed to view this content.