JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: I need a PC power supply.
1/26/2013 10:18:12 PM
Do you want non modular, semi-modular, or full modular?
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I have no idea what modularity is, but I think the old one I planned on buying was modular. I just want a good 750 watt power supply that works with my computer.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by superbunnie: 1/27/2013 6:12:30 PM
    Modular means that (if it is full modular) you can unplug the cables that you don't need from the power supply. It generally makes cable management and airflow better, but it costs more. Semi modular typically lets you remove the molex connectors (some fans and some other components may use these) and I think is some cases you can add or remove PCIe power connectors for large video cards, along with a few other cable types. The main cables that every PC needs (24 pin power for Mobo and 6 pin CPU power) cannot be removed. [url=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139051]I recommend the Corsair CX750M Semi Modular Power Supply.[/url] Semi modular, 80 plus bronze, and it's a great brand.

Posting in language:

• go to frys, microcenter, comp usa. so you dont have to order it? maybe.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon