JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by IcyHorizon: 10/27/2022 5:56:57 PM

Let's talk about what is REALLY ruining the game

Let's get this straight so everyone is on the same page, the game isn't being ruined by Eververse or Seasonal models or anything like that. It's buggy Champions, Crucible and lack of meaningful changes. Champions at their core are supposed to be minibosses that take a large amount of ammo and require certain mods to stun to use said ammo to kill them with, is what I would say if they weren't so buggy. Overload Champions are the prime example of bugs in the game, they don't stun properly 85% of the time and take way too much time to take care of ESPECIALLY Fallen Captain Overload Champions who teleport constantly which makes it incredibly difficult to even land a hit on them. The Crucible is the next subject on the chopping block and honestly I'm pretty sure about 75% of average players will agree that Crucible is sucking the life out of the game. Hit registration seems to be the most consistently complained about so I'll start here. Hit registration is just flat out bad, and this isn't necessarily the games fault as most of the blame is on Bungie for using the Peer to Peer netcode architecture. What is Peer to Peer and what does it have to do with Crucible hit registration? Simple, P2P takes into consideration ALL players internet connections and basically pits them against one another, so say if you're in a gunfight with someone who has poor connection quality and you have a great connection, your shots on them will be delayed and won't register immediately, while them shooting at you, will register immediately thus resulting in poor and pretty much unfair gunfights in general. The last most frequently complained about subject is the lack of content during seasons and poor content in general. This is actually something I've wanted to address for awhile. The amount of content we get per season is fine. The problem is that when it becomes 6 weeks into the season people experience burnout (myself included) because it's not the lack of something to do, it's the lack of meaningful changes to gameplay. Abilities 3.0 was a positive change for the past 3 seasons with each subclass that isn't Stasis getting a big change that actually benefited that particular subclass element, HOWEVER these have been the only major changes to gameplay since Beyond Light when we got Stasis. And the very last thing I want to talk about is just the community in general. This is honestly one of the most loving and toxic communities I have ever seen. The negative feedback lately and the overwhelming amount of people that have just harassed content creators such as Aztecross, Falloutplays or even pro players who have done Day 1 Raid completions is just baffling to me. They don't deserve to be treated like garbage because of their opinions, if someone tells you that your opinion is garbage and proceeds to berate and bewiddle you, how would that make you feel? If you answered not very good then congratulations, you might actually have a soul. Don't put them down because of their opinion, if you think they're wrong let them know why, and give them reasons why, but POSITIVELY.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

View Entire Topic
  • Agreed! My mate is cheating trials in PVP for the last time & then leaving. I left a month ago and just watch my mate play whilst laughing at the devs who have failed the franchise miserably.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon