JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Alert
All Destiny releases will be temporarily offline tomorrow for scheduled maintenance. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Forums

originally posted in: I’m new and can’t change my name
11/15/2022 8:49:13 AM
Allo there, Lucidskull is correct. If your name change has been used in the process of defaulting your name to Guardian then you'll need to wait for Bungie to add more name changes.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• He/she has already previously used their 1 time change, which got later filtered by bungie. They made another post a few hours ago talking about it. So it’s not a matter of the defaulting using their change up.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Either way, they have no more name changes so the point still stands that they must wait for more from Bungie if they decide to add them.

Posting in language:

• Yea, I understand. Just giving more information that it wasn’t simply for their initial platform name getting guardian’d.

Posting in language:

• The one that he/she edited? Out of curioisty, what was his/her name that got censored?

Posting in language:

• It was “Mara Sovs Feet Pics” not bad at all and doesn’t go against TOS or COC but people love going on power trip and wanna fight me over harmless words lol, is what it is

Posting in language:

• That is 100% against COC.

Posting in language:

• How tho? It’s not breaking any of the rules. I keep being told rule 6 but that’s not true? Feet pictures has nothing too do with rule 6

Posting in language:

• regardless of your intentions, the use of that term carries a certain stigma when used in that manner, the majority of the time it has implications of fetishes which is where rule 6 factors in, but I am sure you were already aware of that. Bungie has made their stance, that they dont want it here. you may want to choose names that have less of a chance to be considered provocative if you get another chance.

Posting in language:

• This is exactly my point though, if it goes against their COC, I never should have been able too use the name in the first place. I’ve seen “Eris morns creamy roast beef” which DEFINITELY has way worse implications that feet pictures, and that’s 1 of the plethora of people with names like this. If your active in the Destiny community you know I’m telling the truth. Every other major MMO game has either A. Unlimited name changes B. A way too pay for name changes or C. Has a system in place that blocks names that go against TOS/COC. Also are we not going too acknowledge that bungie themselves has a lore piece about Mara and Shaxx doing 18+ in game on a mark. It doesn’t explicitly state it but it’s very clear what “the helmet stays on” means. Infact they weren’t the first person too do that, it’s a reference too something else. I don’t remember the exact source but my friend was telling me about it and I’ll edit with the source when he responds and tells me.

Posting in language:

• You dont have much of an argument if that is your defense. Each of the words separately are fine, it was your choice to use them in that order that caused the issue. Bungie is not going to ban the use of eaach of those words, you just need to accept responsibility for your choice. You tried to be edgy and got caught with your hand in the cookie jar. [quote]Every other major MMO game has either A. Unlimited name changes B. A way too pay for name changes or C. Has a system in place that blocks names that go against TOS/COC.[/quote] Bungie has a system that blocks certain words. Your choice wasnt an issue with the words, it was how you used them. [quote]Also are we not going too acknowledge that bungie themselves has a lore piece about Mara and Shaxx doing 18+ in game on a mark. It doesn’t explicitly state it but it’s very clear what “the helmet stays on” means. Infact they weren’t the first person too do that, it’s a reference too something else. [/quote] The line of the helmet staying on may have been interpreted to be adult content, the actual lore card is referring to his reciting Shakespeare. No one is fighting you or power tripping over your words, Bungie made the rule, they enforced the rule, and we just helped you understand which rule was broken. You do not have to agree with us, but do not expect Bungie to enter into a debate with you on it. They have the first, last, and only say in what they moderate.

Posting in language:

• 👍🏻 unhelpful, why is everyone on this app so stingy and unhelpful. There’s no actual moderation, none of you are actually Bungie representatives. Until I hear from an actual Bungie representative or someone gives me a legit reason that isn’t “feet pics bad” I’m going too try and get dev attention

Posting in language:

• [quote]👍🏻 unhelpful, why is everyone on this app so stingy and unhelpful[/quote]Everyone has been helpful. You just do not like the answer. You know full well why feet pics bad. You are not going to get a reason beyond the fact that your name was deemed unacceptable by Bungie. That is the only reason that counts.

Posting in language:

• Bungie Help accounts only reply to posts if a correct answer has not been provided. In your case, the answer given is the correct one. If you used your one available name change to make the name that was changed to Guardian, then there is nothing further will be done to grant another change. Bungie has set their policy available here: [url=https://help.bungie.net/hc/en-us/articles/7648312251284-Bungie-Name-Guide]Bungie Name Guide[/url]. They do not grant exceptions to this policy. You will have to wait for them to decide to grant another name change, if they decide to do so.

Posting in language:

• So now we’re just dipping into anti-consumer territory, and you guys are just cool with it? I had 0 idea my name was going against COC when I made it 7+ months ago, have had it for 7+ months and was copying another player. I would be content if I was issued some sort of warning that’s like “hey, you broke this rule just so you know, this is your last chance too change it and if it goes against *link COC here* then you will be permanently banned from changing your name” bam problem solved, but there was none. I was banished without warning and I won’t sit in silence for an unfair punishment

Posting in language:

• There is no appeals process, Bungie created their policy and enforces it as they see fit. The name evaded the filter for a while, once it was detected or reported to Bungie, your name was then subject to the moderation guidelines. While I am sorry it is not the answer you are wanted to see, it is the unfortunate fact that unless Bungie allows name changes in the future, your name will not be able to be changed. From the Name Change Policy [quote]Bungie reserves the right to moderate and remove players in our games and websites for any reason at our own discretion.[/quote]

Posting in language:

• Yes, the one they edited. Not sure i can repeat the name on here.

Posting in language:

• I see, that bad uh...

Posting in language:

• I’ve seen worse, but it was definitely against Code of Conduct.

Posting in language:

lucidskuII
    lucidskuII

Need a hug? - 11/30/2022 12:56:11 AM

I'm always correct except when I'm not

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon