JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
9/23/2022 3:12:20 AM

Should old season passes still be accessible?

I think if you payed for the pass we shouldnt have a timeline of when to unlock everything. If you can play old seasons you should be able to unlock what you missed. Not free but just without time limit. Comment below for other suggestions or thoughts?

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Every single thing that was paid for should be available to the people that paid for it🤷🏼‍♂️

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• [i][b]YoU HaD tO hAvE bEeN tHeRe[/b][/i]

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • No.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • As much as you would like it, this is what a Season Pass is. You gonna go to Fortnite, CoD, Apex, Halo, Smite, Valorant, Rocket League, etc, etc and tell them to do the same? It's the new video game culture. Asking this is like to change an entire genre of music to your taste. I missed out on a lot of the raids back in the day, even tho I paid for the game, but you don't hear me saying to bring back the old raid to get the armor. At least with the season pass, it's not that hard to level. I haven't been playing but on the weekends and I'm already completed the season pass this season. If you have 3 whole months to work on the pass but still can't complete it: That's on you. This isn't meant to sound like a elitist rant but at the end of the day, all it is cosmetics. The season pass is more for those willing to put effort into a game and be rewarded for it for that season. The $10 you pay for a season is for the content of that season. The season pass is just a bonus for playing during that time.

Posting in language:

• Yes. People have lives. Should be available for a year at minimum not 3 months.

Posting in language:

12 Replies
        • NO -dmg

Posting in language:

• The fact that you need some season pass vendors/access points to get red boxes to craft particular weapons, yes. Bungie needs to make it so weapons are still accessable to unlock patterns and craft after year 5

Posting in language:

• Edited by hate n payne: 9/23/2022 3:58:58 PM
          Yes they should and the artifact should be changeable regardless of the season. This could easily elevate the game without truly sunsetting it. Gives more customization and prestige to players while opening up the gates for the players who missed out on content. Being against accessible in anything is stupid especially when everyone would have access to it. It is not like you are giving adept weapons to players for free or something. If players pay their $10 for the season pass, they should be able to play it no matter what.

Posting in language:

28 Replies
          • This makes sense, I hope they do it!

Posting in language:

• No.

Posting in language:

• Nope

Posting in language:

• No. Snooze you lose.

Posting in language:

• Gaming, just like any form of entertainment, is subjective. I like the Activision-Bungie model of content drops when Activision was still here. I never liked the seasonal model they’ve introduced when Activision left. It feels empty. It reminds me of staring into the void. Haha!🤣 (See what I did there?) Game feels empty and hollow when Activision left. Then they made it free-to-try completely degrading the value and sort of gave them an excuse for their incapability to update certain things like crucible and strike playlists. In short, laziness crept in. To each his own, but that’s how I feel about this seasonal model now. Empty. Haha!🤣

Posting in language:

• I thought the timeline was going to allow the ability to purchase past season passes that haven't been vaulted yet. It didn't. I figure the best way to do it is stop vaulting seasons and sell their access for 700 silver on the timeline. Bungie still gets their $10 silver sale and we get a cost reduction for the lack of reward tiers for that season.

Posting in language:

• The artifacts season to season would be hard to balance. I'd say they should disable them. Accessing older missions would be fine if they made the story open ended. Players generally want to feel accomplished and have that sense of finality. Its really the minority that want to access older content. They have the data, that's why they vault things...aside from engine limits of course.

Posting in language:

• Criticism is good, always. Criticism is innovation. Ending the Destiny Content Vault was based on criticism and ending Sunsetting too. Bungie already works with a model on Halo, that implements multiple seasonal reward tracks - it's no novelty. Halo and Destiny 2 are based on the same engine, so no one can tell me that making an option for gone passes is not possible. If Bungie would bring into action an option like that is another story, I doubt it, because it would loose the impulsion to buy a season rank with microtransactions for 100 Silver. It's a shame, because people - players are thankful for optimizations which also can be called innovations. But Bungie, in all his dinosaur mentality ignores that, even if the dinosaurs are gone for a long time. If one has paid for a pass, he should have the option to finish it, even if the season has ended.

Posting in language:

• It amazes me that people can be against this as if they’d be personally hurt by it. Same with the optional matchmaking debate.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
            • I like the idea personally I think they need to rework the artifact to just add the subclass specific traits to be fragments/aspects but ya know its bungie

Posting in language:

• Yes, I missed out on so much content because I have deployed three times during Destiny 2s life span and missed a lot that I wish I could have gotten. Then there’s the all day lifers who just say. “No it’s not fair I “HAD” to play all day to get my content”.

Posting in language:

• bruh is this real

Posting in language:

• nOoOo YoU hAvE tO EaRn It!!!!!!

Posting in language:

• Allow players to buy old season passes (at discount if story is sunset). If a season pass is purchased, do not remove the pass from the player when the new season starts. Throwing away the old season pass when a new season starts is an outdated model compared to the rest of the industry now.

Posting in language:

• [quote]I think if you payed for the pass we shouldnt have a timeline of when to unlock everything. If you can play old seasons you should be able to unlock what you missed. Not free but just without time limit. Comment below for other suggestions or thoughts?[/quote] You're not pay for the prizes, you're paying for the privilege to earn them. If you fail to earn them, them you've lost your gamble. Stop demanding satisfaction, and try harder with the time you do have. If you simply cannot accomplish 100 season ranks before seasons end, perhaps you need to come to terms w the notion that not everything in life, is for everyone, at every moment.

Posting in language:

• It's not a bad idea for any live service game to allow you to reactivate old passes. Halo Infinite does it, but despite having really good PvP balance and feel, They don't update their game enough to keep me interested in finishing one. Bungie can at least manage that.

Posting in language:

• No

Posting in language:

4 Replies
              • [url=https://www.bungie.net/7/en/Seasons/PreviousSeason]Previous season rewards are accessible[/url] if you forgot to claim them But you do need to play the season to unlock them. I can't think of any game that just lets you get any past season-pass items if you didn't play enough to unlock them. Valorant doesn't, Fortnite doesn't, CoD and Battlefield give you the actual gameplay items like weapons, but no cosmetics or currencies.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                You are not allowed to view this content.
                ;
                preload icon
                preload icon
                preload icon