JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
9/22/2022 8:23:05 PM

Sweats complaining about the game being too easy …

… except for SBMM environments, which are apparently too hard. Someone explain this to me. Someone explain how the sole logic of these arguments isn’t that you just feel entitled and don’t want other people to get the same rewards as you.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• We were due for a 1v1

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • Essentially they want the game to be perfect for them alone, and fúck anyone else who doesn't agree with them

Posting in language:

• [quote]… except for SBMM environments, which are apparently too hard. Someone explain this to me. Someone explain how the sole logic of these arguments isn’t that you just feel entitled and don’t want other people to get the same rewards as you.[/quote] Pvp players w a 2+ KD, streamers and all those raiders with 1000+ clears need to be retired.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Who says these are even the same players? Pve sweats argue everything is too easy, gms this and last season will be/were a joke with a 40% damage reduction for one Pvp sweats don't like that thier improvement is now punished with MLG type tournaments in casual pvp modes

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • PvP discussions are completely separate from PvE discussions. The game being too easy in PvE has nothing to do with SBMM.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
          • Since you’re a top 90% elo player, SBMM benefits you because you get paired with other blueberries. I’m not sure what your point is about the rewards though. If the game gave everyone the same rewards, then what incentive do you have to improve?

Posting in language:

5 Replies
            • Everyone complains, casuals complained about having to kill a few champions

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • Edited by Smough: 9/23/2022 8:48:06 PM
                Casuals complain about playing against people better than them, and then go on to make fun of more skilled players for complaining about having to play against people better than them. Funny how the world works. Never forget people saying “Try hards just want the flawless pool gone so they can have easier matches” even though the reason those people wanted a flawless pool in the first place is so that they could have easier matches…

Posting in language:

• If you're not as good as me, why do you deserve the same rewards as me? If you're good at GM Nightfalls and I'm not, can I go ahead and get the same rewards as you? I feel, because I'm not good at PvE, that my Strike lobbies should drop adept weapons whiles yours shouldn't, because that's fair. Or at least add NPC SBMM into GM's - mine shoudl come with less champions, while your's has 3x the amount of champions. Same loot of course, but just easier for me because i'm not as good. Cool?

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                • If someone is in the highest match making tier they should get better, more exclusive rewards than a .5 robot that plays 5 games a week

Posting in language:

15 Replies
                  • Sbmm is only truly fair when paired with tiered progression/rewards based on skill bracket. If bungie added this tiered system then i guarantee almost all of the anti-sbmm players would be content, the only one’s left to complain would be the stat padders who live in breath for their kd.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • I think you're getting confused. Some PVE players have said the game is too easy (and nerf divinity lol), while at the same time certain self-styled "sweaty" players complained about Control. I understand the confusion, but these are seperate issues

Posting in language:

• confused aren't you? not sure how you think pve difficulty has anything to do with pvp matchmaking. people who find pve easy are looking for a challenge the game doesn't provide them. they couldn't care less about what reward you get.

Posting in language:

• How is this not logical? The entire pve side of the game is like 5x easier than it ever was in D1. And when you are matching against other pvp players that play a 2.0 it’s kinda not as easy as slapping some raid bosses even on master.

Posting in language:

Casuals complaining about the game being too hard = Sweats complaining that it’s too easy See the problem?

Posting in language:

• Edited by ben: 9/23/2022 5:23:50 PM
                      ben
                      ben

VOW OF THE DISCIPLE #1 FAN - old

This post is a strawman. As someone who is considered a "sweat" Im 50/50 on sbmm and chmm, I like sbmm in some applications and I see all of its merits, but I will say that every gripe I have with it is related to the quality of lobby connections, not harder matches. Ive actually made multiple posts in the past advocating for sbmm but this is a problem that will always exist when it is implemented

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                      • there are 2 main issues we dont have servers so matches usualy are laggy as hell there are absolutely no rewards for playing QUICKPLAY rn so why bother sweating for no reason

Posting in language:

• You are mixing up your sweats. PVE seats complain about the game being to easy, PVP sweats complain about sbmm.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                        • Good players dont waste their time in quickplay tbh. All the pvp players i know are only playing trials during the week ends, and private matches/ sweats during the week from time to time. (But most of the time they just play other games with a better pvp )

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • Ya know what bungien really needs to do... leaving penalties in strikes and nfs... yeah if yall hate a certain strike tough diddy deal with it... yall get matched with two guys speed running tough... yall get dumped on by Ads or bosses tough.... leave a strike should get penalties bro. 😉

Posting in language:

• Bit of a misconception here. 1. The game is mind numbingly easy. All of destiny's "mechanics" are shoot a thing, stand in a circle, or throw/dunk a ball. 2. They don't like sbmm, in more casual game modes, because every match being a sweat fest isn't exactly fun. Most people of all skill levels agree with this

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                            • Well, I guess they mean the PvE side, what's worth of it anyway, in PvP players at their own skill level in pvp are a challenge and they aren't used to it as usually it's just ads that almost never kill them and every weapon nearly one shots, while in PvP you get easily killed and weapon choice does matter Meanwhile in PvE everything that is worth the effort is just too easy, the only Master raid worth doing is VoG as everything beyond that has craftable weaponry, leaving the only difficult content as Grandmaster Nightfalls which you can just wait to cycle to the easiest/hardest choice anyway (and are locked behind a six week wait for the respective season) That is my guess anyway, I'm a PvE sweat but I care nothing about PvP

Posting in language:

• Its just the crab bucket mentality but trivialized for video game rewards.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Lore Oradon: 9/23/2022 5:31:27 AM
                              So, it's not about having stuff and not wanting others to have said same things. Take baseball as an Example. If my son wanted to play base ball, I'd let him. If he then came to me after his team lost and asked why the other side got a Trophy...it's because they won. I'd tell him if you want a Trophy...you need to increase your skill and get back up...get good. Then he does get good and now got his Trophy...he worked hard and grew. Now he asks why MLB gets money...we all know where this is going. You see, when it comes to things or activities that are harder...we want a more substantial reward so its more meaningful. Why do athletes train till their body bleeds and breaks? Why do Engineers make things more efficient? Why do Farmers grow crops? Because it's something they enjoy, it's something they strive to be better at because it's Long Term payoff. There's a heart breaking video I watched not to long ago where people in the Adult Entertainment Business actually regret their line of work. You see, they sought Short Term gain. They're now millionaires, yet highly depressed. Was it worth it? That money means nothing. They took the short route, the Path of least Resistance. The same can be said about Destiny. Some players are finding Destiny 2 easier with every passing day, that's the Long Term Gain. And to your Post on matching players of Similar Skill, that they hate it...it's not that at all. If you're in the MLB and after sweating it out with a Team with same skill,only for the Victor to get a LLB trophy. Is that fair? Then to have it, that LLB gets 50k$ for winning a game. LLB is profiting more then MLB. Higher Skilled Players want more Substantial Rewards for going against each other, and Control doesn't offer such a thing, and Survival ran out of Business. Control was a place that let HSP casually play. While you have average and below -blam!- to excel in the modes Designed to increase wanted SBMM moved from Survival...to control. Now they ask for Adept Loot to be made easier. Y'all want Short Term gain, and in the End it's....."oh ya I have this" while HSP are like "ya I got this after going against ZK, Frost, Vanguard". HSP appreciate the Rewards. The Reward holds a Value. It's like in "American Dad" when Rodger had trophies everywhere and Francene says "well, because you didn't earn them" "are you good at Bowling?" "The balls hurt my hands" "then you didn't earn it". Understand? Edit - it censored Refused?

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                              • PVE and PVP are two different things. PVE is too easy for sure, it’s boring

Posting in language:

• They want things to be hard for people with lives outside this game and can’t play very much, but they don’t want things to be too hard for themselves. Proof is in all the sbmm tears. I would say the same for the PvE no-life kids, but they are straight up masochist. 😂

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                              ;
                              preload icon
                              preload icon
                              preload icon