JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Alert
Destiny 2 will be temporarily offline tomorrow for scheduled maintenance. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
9/22/2022 6:12:01 PM

Reduce bright dust cost for old cosmetics

To stimulate the bungie economy, please reduce the bright dust cost of returning previous season ships, emotes, ghosts, sparrows, shaders, transmat , and ghost projections. It does not have to be drastic but any improvement on the prices that allows players to shop old season gear and get something from the new season would be much appreciated. Most players do not have unlimited stores of bright dust, and the players that do are capable of buying everything they want anyway regardless of the economy change. Consider this as a quality of life improvement for the general player base.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Fool How do you expect Bungo to make money from that?

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by TheShadow: 9/23/2022 2:47:20 PM
    Cosmetics were meant for players to be able to acquire them running activities, but because Bungie wanted more money without putting any effort into the game they literally ripped out what destiny offered before D2 launched and changed the entire system to get players to buy silver. The cosmetics that are for bright dust were designed to use as bait just like the bright engrams that drop junk loot that no one gives a flying hoot about that is a pure waste of space in this game. This is why most of you have had hundreds of duplicates drop because that's what Bungie calls rewording the player base for buying their expansions, seasons, etc..👍 But that wasn't enough for Bungie. They wanted more so they shoved the shop in our face by placing it in the directory where the postmaster should be, you know, something actually useful in this game, but that's forbidden. Anything that improves the experience playing the game is a big no-no and Bungie has literally fought the entire player base to improve the experience for players playing this game for 6 freaking years now. But, Bungie wasn't finished, they realized that players were able to acquire bright dust more often than they wanted them to so they said, hell no! we're going to fix that real quick, and they did. Slowly but surely they removed options to acquire bright dust or raised the cost to acquire certain cosmetic items using bright dust. Oh, and they removed season event engrams because that was a big no-no as well. The bright dust and even bright engrams were one of the most asinine things to add to destiny. Mainly because 3 things happened here having those systems that hurt destiny more than anything else and has for 6 years now. 1. Bungie has become extremely lazy adding loot to the activities, you know, the job we pay them for. 2. It removed any sense of value cosmetics used to give. 3. It removed the incentive to run activities. So overall, the cost should be the least of your concerns given the fact that there are so many cosmetics that have flooded this game that most don't even give a crap anymore because of Bungie's deliberate poor decision to make more money.

Posting in language:

14 Replies
    • TL;DR at the bottom At 300 bright dust per bounty, and a max glimmer cap of 250k, which you can reach in an hour of intelligent farming... Say you spend 1 hour hitting max glimmer. it's 3k glimmer to get 1 bright dust bounty. You can get 5 from each vendor. That's zavala, shaxx, drifter, banshee. 20 bright dust bounties, 3000 per bounty, that's 60k. You can make 4 runs to tower before you need to restock on glimmer (let's play dumb and say you aren't earning ANY glimmer from the stuff you're doing between tower runs) 300 bright dust per bounty, complete them all before making a tower run each time, and you're getting 6k bright dust. That's 24k across 4 runs to tower. Here's the fun thing: from max glimmer to no glimmer, you get 24k bright dust worth of bounty rewards. And those bounties do take time, yes, but you don't have to do that all in one day. The hardcore sweats can, for sure. That's how they have so much dust to burn. But what about the casual? The office worker with 4 hours to spare every couple days? The kid who's in half the school's extracurriculars with barely three hours a week to himself? Well say you have two hours a week to play. Just two. Max glimmer cap in the first one, bounties the second. If you play it right and you're not terrible at the game you can easily clear ten bounties in an hour. That's 3k dust a week, or 12k dust a month. And if you save it up for when you REALLY want something, you not only have more bright dust than you'll ever need, but you'll also have enough to buy all the event stuff every year and STILL have plenty left over. TL;DR There's no excuse for not having enough bright dust, 2 hours a week on bounties is enough to get you 3k dust every week, and if you're hurting for dust with an economy that generous it's your decisions that are making it harder on you.

Posting in language:

58 Replies
      • Bungie's economy is Silver, it gets stimulated when people buy it to purchase ornaments haha.

Posting in language:

• Remember when we got ornaments for armor by completing tasks and rankings

Posting in language:

• My thought was that they would decrease the price in Dust on release, then in future seasons it has the normal costs. -Bungie likes cosmetic Fomo, this feeds that. -Enables more players to get ahold of these things, some or many of which are newer and dont have the thousands saved up. -Bungie still gets the normal rates post its release season being over. To my ears, this sounds like a win for everyone.

Posting in language:

• How does that “stimulate” an economy? I mean maybe if they reduced the silver cost. But it’s not like Bungie gets paid on the backend when you use Brightdust. Use bright dust or don’t use beightdust, it’s all the same. It’s not like I can sell you one of my unused cosmetic items for Brightdust either. The only part of the economy Bungie cares about is not devaluing Silver by making Eververse stuff to cheap or making brughtdust too easy to come by. Not saying they couldn’t do it. There’s just no incentive for them.

Posting in language:

• I never got the dab emote 😭

Posting in language:

• OR….or put them in the bright engrams with dupe protection. There’s 4yrs of Eververse crap and they’re still too stingy for dupe protection

Posting in language:

• [quote]To stimulate the bungie economy, please reduce the bright dust cost of returning previous season ships, emotes, ghosts, sparrows, shaders, transmat , and ghost projections. It does not have to be drastic but any improvement on the prices that allows players to shop old season gear and get something from the new season would be much appreciated. Most players do not have unlimited stores of bright dust, and the players that do are capable of buying everything they want anyway regardless of the economy change. Consider this as a quality of life improvement for the general player base.[/quote] No if Must grind for it so must u ... quit complaining & go grind

Posting in language:

• Edited by BOSSNONO254: 9/23/2022 1:24:38 PM
        I would like to see an entire rework of bright dust. With even the ability to purchase actual content if you have the right amount. I saw this other thread where the guy had 500,000+ bright dust. Which essentially rounded up to almost $900.00 US currency when I converted it using by silver item cost. He had wanted to get the new Deluxe light all expansion, but of course in store you cannot do this with bright dust. Nonetheless, the amount of grinding and dedication it takes to get that much bright dust should be worthy enough for Bungie to implement something like this. They already sell full armor set ornaments for bright dust sometimes, so why not certain expansions? It’s not like everyone has $900 worth of bright dust lying around in their account.

Posting in language:

• I think the main issue is that they just need to update the way you can farm BD a bit. Since repeatables while nice are a little annoying to do since you have to return to the tower every time you complete 5 of them, I think they should instead add repeatable challenges to playlist activities for the BD instead but keep the repeatables as is just without the BD. Right now the most efficient Bright Dust grind outside of events is literally Gambit since they've reduced the requirement for repeatables so heavily to drive engagement you can get 5 bounties done in 2 games.

Posting in language:

Meatbaag
        Meatbaag

"No" - A_dmg04 - old

Prices are currently going up, the seasonal armour ornaments are listed as 25% off at 1200 dust per item, they used to be 1200. Another shady tactic to increase store prices is bump the cost and offer a discount at first, it's no discount, it's notice of increase. I stopped buying silver and anything for dust ever since they tried to milk us of all our dust in the tribute hall. Absolutely shady tactics. I remember Eververse was introduced in D1 and they told us it would fund extra content like exotic missions etc.... well where are they Bungie? Whisper and Outbreak were years ago.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • I dunno how people don't have tons of the stuff. I currently have over 130k BD and I buy whatever I want when it comes up for sale. My stack never seems to go down too far before it slowly creeps back up again. I don't buy silver very often, maybe once a year, if that, and I pretty much own everything I want. I think people feel they "NEED" to have all the things, and they really don't. FOMO be real and Bungie knows it, they play off of it.

Posting in language:

• If they reduced the silver price I'd buy more. There's an old saying in retail, pile em high and sell them cheap. I literally haven't bought a single cosmetic for silver.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • And silver. For example: if you didn't buy last year's dawning universe ornament, why are they the same cost as this year's or the previous years ornament. I mean new silver only items come out each year for every limited time event, so how does it make sense that older items cost the same as the new items?

Posting in language:

• It's a free currency though so it doesn't matter. Reducing silver costs is another thing entirely: paying more for a cosmetic set than you pay for couple of seasons is ridiculous.

Posting in language:

• They aren't gonna change anything about bd since they gave gone further and further out of their way to nerf total bd gain by players. As well as the bright engrams are also not working the way they stated they would work by being a knock out system.

Posting in language:

• Qol improvements are not wanted for some weird reason, instead you will probably be told how to grind for more bright dust lol. Anyway, upvote from me, I’m always for a good old qol improvement.

Posting in language:

• NO.

Posting in language:

• Edited by BulbaSmasher: 9/22/2022 10:02:54 PM
            Stop buying everything? Lol. I made it a rule that unless its amazing.. I'm not falling under 10k dusts.. been around since day 1.. have never bought silver.. I used the 400 we got for free for the fusion emote lol

Posting in language:

5 Replies
            • [quote]To stimulate the bungie economy, please reduce the bright dust cost of returning previous season ships, emotes, ghosts, sparrows, shaders, transmat , and ghost projections. It does not have to be drastic but any improvement on the prices that allows players to shop old season gear and get something from the new season would be much appreciated. Most players do not have unlimited stores of bright dust, and the players that do are capable of buying everything they want anyway regardless of the economy change. Consider this as a quality of life improvement for the general player base.[/quote] Not going to read.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • Why make a post? You won't read any of the replies to it.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • 6 years or whatever since d2 and we don't have slots for our builds. Sure..they might get added for lightfall, but the idea remains...many years for QOL that shoudl have been from the start...and just now they are going to implement it. My point is...you are expecting way too much of binguo and you are to be really disappointed.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • "Not gonna read". I'll let you guess where that response came from.

Posting in language:

12 Replies
                    • I don’t buy too many cosmetics, but there’s a few which seem to be no longer available. I’d be okay if they just brought them back. There’s one for the Malfeasance that I want but I don’t think you can get it anymore.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                    ;
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon