JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Alert
Destiny 2 will be temporarily offline tomorrow for scheduled maintenance. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
9/22/2022 5:32:28 AM

Ruffians NEED to spawn earlier in Expedition.

There's way to many blueberries thay have NO CLUE what they're doing. They're just throwing emgrams at the haul instead of waiting for the ruffians to spawn making completing this triumph damn near impossible. Even with me NOT throwing any engrams I STILL can't make progress on this triumph. Please do something about this because this is absolutely ridiculous.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I don't understand why they are programmed to despawn at all?? "I'm here to steal your treasure, oh you've completely filled your cart with treasure, I shall vanish now"

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • If you’re worried about a meaningless triumph, I’d say you have no clue.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
      • Literally did it on random queues only and got it before even my 1st prestige. No throw away was needed. Additionally there is a great LFG Discord, Clans, in game communication. Various ways to get this done quickly without random matching to utilize, but instead you post.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • Yeah, it's not a good mechanic at all. Throwing the activity shouldn't be required.

Posting in language:

• Its all about the teammates. Either they wait or don’t wait and there just trying to speed through it.or I’m completely wrong

Posting in language:

• Edited by Mirage7853: 9/23/2022 6:47:38 PM
          Ruffians should have spawned at 30 percent. Or with the jammer. Bungie really messed up with ruffians. You kinda need a fireteam for them

Posting in language:

• Just go in solo

Posting in language:

• Yeah. I tried last night and is three blue berries just stood around waiting and waiting and waiting and they take forever to spawn. In the end it was only 2. Really drew out the activity in the most boring and unnatural way.

Posting in language:

• They should just spawn by default, it shouldn't require you to sit around doing nothing.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Edited by ZurreaI: 9/22/2022 2:03:07 PM
            Even if I'm done with that I totally agree. I don't know why but Bungie likes to design triumphs / challenges that requires you to be ineffective with the encounter. It should be the other way around, the faster you progress the more Ruffians should spawn. Reward effectiveness. There are plenty of LFG groups that farms them, but if you don't wanna use LFG just throw all the engrams as far away as you can as soon as they spawn. That way you should be able to prolong it long enough to get 1 Ruffian on each drill site at least.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • Edited by Itcus: 9/23/2022 9:46:17 AM
              I'd like to make 2 suggestions. 1: Throw them away. Stupid thing to do, but if these blueberries see you doing it, maybe they'll clue on and wait. 2: Play solo. Not an ideal way to play either, but at least you can do what you need to and complete your triumph. There are ways to avoid matchmaking and it only takes a quick Google search to find out how if you're unaware. This kinda thing should be addressed by Bungie, but until it is these are the only options available to you, apart from maybe putting a team together from your friends or through LFG. There are other people out there looking to complete this triumph so a quick LFG post shouldn't be too hard if you prefer that option.

Posting in language:

• Don't worry. Bungie will auto complete it for you

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • Just lfg for a group to do it with. It's a Shame bungie put in an individual target of ruffians in a team game. Some people will already have done it, some don't know and some don't care so....lfg is your best bet

Posting in language:

• including 250 if u wanna complete the other triumph,that super crazy i dont even understand what kind of a person who come with this idea,probably this person hate completionist player lol,im actually asking on other post that bungie need to double the progress

Posting in language:

If you’re on psn, just set the time a year from now. You’ll spawn in solo. That’s what I do Before that, I was throwing the treasure away, and even that wasn’t working lol

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                • Just don't let them despawn after hitting 100% on the treasure, simple change really. But, Bungie turned on autopilot so the game develops itself now.

Posting in language:

• Ruffians need to spawn consistently, and they cannot despawn if the Haul hits 60%/100%. Let the players kill them.

Posting in language:

• Hello all, I just want to say thanks to everyone for their suggestions. Ideally, we shouldn't have to find a work around for this triumph but I really, really. like the idea of throwing the engrams in the opposite direction. To be honest, I wish I thought of it earlier lol

Posting in language:

• Yup - its a poor design. But when the engram specifies ?/125 treasure - its signposting players to do just that. Maybe Bungie should add ?/2 ruffians to the weekly quest to make players be more focused on triggering them.

Posting in language:

• If you're on PSN, supposedly advancing the time and date will allow you to go in Solo. if you're on Xbox, turning off Cross Play on the Console will likely allow you to do it solo. I'm also going to use this (on Xbox) to get the Ketchcrash Cannon and Tanks done too. But neither of these options excuses Bungle for just how crappy this is as an experience to get done.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • The 50 ruffians is rough for sure. I went through route of yeeting any and all engrams as far away from the haul as possible. Which sucks because you can get two ruffians per drill site each run, so in a perfect world that's 4 kills per run. The thing that really annoyed me is that even if the ruffian spawns, the second the haul hits 100 they despawn.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                  ;
                  preload icon
                  preload icon
                  preload icon