JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Alert
Destiny 2 will be temporarily offline tomorrow for scheduled maintenance. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
9/21/2022 11:13:19 PM

Quitter Penalties need to be disabled until reworked.

This is ridiculous. Why are we being punished for leaving a non-comp Playlist? This penalty makes zero sense in public control! To make matters worse the penalty counts if your game crashes or wifi disconnects. Bungie, you should have really worked this before implementing this. I should be able to disengage from a match. That's what public Playlist are for. I want to test guns, have fun, etc. How can have fun if you want me to take a serious! This isn't trials or comp. This was a bad idea.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Or just removed outright.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Just don't quit. Simple as that. You deserve HARSHER punishments for quitting.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
    • So don’t quit

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Or don’t quit You quitting causes a negative reaction so best idea is don’t quit

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Edited by Scratch: 9/22/2022 6:11:17 PM
          Because PvP ceases to exist once[i] everybody[/i] adopts these two simple rules: 1) It's OK to quit if you don't like the map 2) It's OK to quit if your team is down a guy Justifing these two rules causes PvP to implode! Match starts One of the 12 guys hates the map and quits Now it's 5v6 Next guy quits Next guy quits Next guy quits Next guy quits Next guy quits Next match starts One of the 12 guys hates the map and quits Now it's 5v6 Next guy quits Next guy quits Next guy quits Next guy quits Next guy quits Next match starts One of the 12 guys hates the map and quits Now it's 5v6 Next guy quits Next guy quits Next guy quits Next guy quits Next guy quits The only reason [i]YOU[/i] are able to quit, and PvP continue to exist is the integrity of non-quitters, people who finish what they start. PvP is predicated on Players, [i]Playing[/i], Players Once you justify quitting yourself, you must justify quitting for everyone, and once everyone is justified in quitting all your left with is P PvP dies!

Posting in language:

10 Replies
          • Cry baby

Posting in language:

9 Replies
            • 1st there shut be penalised for Quitting. 2nd if player going keep quitting they shouldn't bother join game.

Posting in language:

• Nothing is stopping you from testing guns or having fun. Unless of course "fun" means being successful against other players moreso than they are against you. If your lobbies were filled with bots...I bet magically you'd be having "fun".

Posting in language:

18 Replies
              • Edited by NerdslayerNo1: 9/22/2022 11:28:59 PM
                If people are quitting i think the real focus by bungie is to rectify the root of why people are quitting not punish the act of protest. I can only speak for myself but a few of the valid reasons that won't stop that i quit are i don't want to play on a 7 year old map, i don't want to play the same player as a prior game that might have been so good or annoying (think jotun 6 stack or something) that it dampered my game. Maybe i don't want to play the same 4 year old map. Maybe the map has never had it's bad spawns fixed. Maybe there are cheaters or exploiters. Maybe i just have an emergency that needs attending. The quitting penalty is fine in comp but in regular i think it's punishing the symptom but not treating the problem at all. It's like a politician that is trying to distract rather than address their state's actual problems.

Posting in language:

• The only redeeming quality of this game is the lore at this point. I'm always ashamed to admit I literally only give Bungie money at this point just to see how the Light and Dark Saga plays out. I want it to end so badly so I can retire.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                • Agreed. This is catered to new players and players that play for the pinnacle. They want to increase the PvP player base but this ain’t it

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • I wont mind with pinalties but bungie need to make freelance on control,nobody I mean nobody wanna fight with 6 stack that play like life defending on it

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      Meatbaag
                      Meatbaag

"No" - A_dmg04 - old

It's bizarre how this was implemented. I rarely leave a game of control, even if it's a blowout just hang around until the end to grab potential loot and valor xp. But like you said, error codes happen, networks go down from time to time, power outages happen from time to time. What makes me leave is getting mercied, then it says "we're breaking up these teams to find a better match", only to load into the game against the same sweaty 6 stack playing for their cattle stations. Then I'll leave and go get a drink or a snack to break the cycle. It's control, not comp or trials.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                        max
                        max

Fanboys created covid - 10/3/2022 7:56:10 AM

Quitter Penalties need to be disabled until p2p is abolished

Posting in language:

• Boycott Control everyone

Posting in language:

• Exactly. I tried to play control and got disjunction so I obviously left I hate that map in everything other than rift. So I tried again and guess which map I got same map so I left again so now I got a suspension and will continue to get them because I will not play that map.

Posting in language:

36 Replies
                        • The only people in support of the quitting penalty are ultra sweats who don’t want you leaving when they are farming their kd. It’s funny how obvious they make it.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • The fact you blame your not being able to quit as you not having funnis laughable. It's pvp its competitive no matter the match name or type please stop with excuses.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                            • bad players asked for a compettive mm, then you should not quit if your ego can't handle a map /bad kd

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                              • Rework them? Just don’t quit.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                                • Just. Don’t. Quit.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                  • Cry me a river kiddo 😂

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                                    • Or just don’t quit……

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                      • Edited by red_jibber: 9/22/2022 11:36:09 AM
                                        I bet you never leave a match when you’re doing well. To you, having fun means stomping your opponents and if you start to lose you want to quit. Leave quitter penalties in place. In fact, the penalty should be upped.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                                        • This isn’t trials or comp 🤤 control is now harder than both of them and if you disagree then sure disagree but you’re wrong.. Facing 3 players in trials or comp is a lot easier than facing 6 players of equal skill with meta loadouts and subclass is quite hard. But it’s also very fun knowing you’re going into war and not just to stomp players. Keep sbmm and implement team vs teams please and I will be content

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                                          • Control used to be nice...

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                                          ;
                                          preload icon
                                          preload icon
                                          preload icon