JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Alert
Destiny 2 will be temporarily offline tomorrow for scheduled maintenance. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
9/21/2022 6:44:30 PM

Remove champions from the game

Topic body
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I don't even mind the champions so much but they're glitchy as hell, they get to damage us after stun, they get to damage us while populating yet we can't stun them, and if we attempt to then it resets the timer though the stun didn't work in the first place, the stun timers have been set ridiculously low ....... oh yeah, screw the champions. Get rid of that trash.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by iKARUS: 9/22/2022 1:05:45 AM
    When we told them activities were lackluster and two layered. That was the answer. Granted it wasn't the best. It allowed it to feel more in the field of roleplay. The weapon system needs to be redone. It really shouldnt be seasonal. (As a whole) It should be per gun type. Or per weapon theme. Something along those lines. But I haven't thought too hard over it

Posting in language:

• I wouldn't have a problem with champions if there was more options to kill them. I like changing it up but the season where we had to use anti barrier sidearm and smgs sucked.

Posting in language:

• "Lets force them to use the weapons we want them to use, instead of what they want to use." - Bungie Guy 1 "BRILLIANT!" - Bungie Guy 2

Posting in language:

3 Replies
    • No. Remove the artifact instead. Or better yet, ditch out the restrictive anti-champion mods in favor of ability mods.

Posting in language:

• I'm beyond bored with them. They can keep them in Nightfalls but I wish they'd do something different for difficulty everywhere else.

Posting in language:

• It doesn't have to be removed, just changed to not require mods to progress so mods aren't a mandatory item and shoehorning people to only use a handful of weapon types

Posting in language:

• Edited by TheShadow: 9/22/2022 1:47:58 AM
      Dude, you are asking Bungie to work and that is a big no-no when all they have to do is spam that crap out of champions and call it good. Gaming businesses like Bungie have made devs these days lazy and uncreative. It's like they are weeding out all the talent only to have the yes guy working for them. Bungie says jump, and the employee says how high?

Posting in language:

• Champions are a just a simple way of avoiding actual challenges. Their a cool concept but to spam the living heck out of them in master raids doesn’t make the master raid rewarding. Make it like D1 where master raids were actually challenging. Not “oh no! I’ve got to equip a scout rifle for anti barrier” like no revives during an encounter everything does way more damage, the boss has more health, there are more mechanics added to make it harder. Then make the loot good as well instead of slapping adept, Timelost or harrowed in front of the gun and changing the color of the gun

Posting in language:

• I used to like them because they was new and interesting but after a while you get bored of using weapons you dont want to use in some of the hardest content the game offers. I dont think champions should be removed but rather changed so that we still have to do something to take them down, otherwise it will just be a bullet sponge that's no more difficult to take down than any other enemy. Not sure what bungie could do but I am sure they can come up with something a little less restrictive on what weapons we can use.

Posting in language:

• in nightfalls, legendary campains and legendary lost sectors NO in raids, dungeons and 6 man activities YES. CHAMPIONS MUST GO (IT IS TOO LATE TO TERMINATE CHAMPS alltogether because some exotics already build around champs)

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • Champions are bengiu's equivalent to a "get out of jail" card in terms of making new, exiting and hard content. They are going to milk them until they are dry.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Remember the Lightbearer Knights that came with the Witch Queen expansion? Enemies that could wield the Light and go toe-to-toe against Guardians in a way that made sense? These are the enemies that should have replaced Champions if you wanted to have mini-boss enemies. In the lead-up to the Witch Queen, these Lightbearers seemed to be a unique threat that would shake up the game, but they turned out to be disappointingly easy to deal with. But it doesn't have to be that way. They still exist only in Savathun's Throne World but reasons for them to appear anywhere could be established. They are usually interesting to fight and you don't need any particular mod to do it. They just need more development and tuning to make them a big challenge whenever they appear on the battlefield. These knights could be made tougher or spawn with different buffs or variations on their powers so you were always kept guessing. But nope, we have Champions.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
          • Agree. Champions are boring, and take no skill to defeat, just a mod-slot. It's frustrating, boring game mechanics. They showed, with the Legendary campaign in the current expansion that they [u]can [/u]skillfully implement good, engaging and[b] fun[/b] levels of challenge without champions.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • Edited by Scratch: 9/22/2022 4:04:28 PM
              Champions are fine and can exist on their own. Having to remove our [i]actual glove[/i] mods in order to put on mods that make the weapons we're permitted/forced to use actually '[i]work[/i]' needs to go. You [i]have to[/i] use a pulse But not only that... You[i] have to[/i] remove a glove mod to use the mod that makes that pulse rifle work Most things have two champions, so why do glove mods even exist? Well, artifice gloves, right? Yeah, but mine no longer have that extra slot, and that slot's probably not coming back, ever. The chances of finding another piece of artifice with the exact same stats to replace it so I don't mess up my total stats is, practically speaking, zero [i]The mods[/i] are what's gotta go. Put it on the ghost or something.

Posting in language:

24 Replies
              • Imagine struggling with PvE content lol

Posting in language:

• No.

Posting in language:

• To be the Champ, you’ve got to beat the Champs ~ MJ probably Or he will take it personally…

Posting in language:

• Edited by Divine_Majin93: 9/22/2022 8:16:30 PM
                What, and actually improve the overall PvE experience? You silly lil dreamer.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • Yes.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Kouz_MC: 9/22/2022 6:55:52 AM
                  The game is becoming so boring. If I didn’t have friends playing it I would not even log in. Yesterday I stayed like 2hrs chatting with friends at the tower. - Ketch is cheap and unrewarding - Expedition is trash and unrewarding - Exodus crash is trash and always has been - Dares is never dropping any red frame - King’s Fall is 7y old, so boring, and not dropping any red frame but only cheap stat armor - Light fall looks cheap. Imma let the apes wait 6 months of old content before they play tarzan. So looking forward to the first descendant. Destiny is now only about doing the same boring and poorly designed recycled activities over and over and over for… nothing, with the only exception of having different champion mods equipped. I hope TFD delivers, I need a serious alternative to this shadow of a game.

Posting in language:

19 Replies
                  • The fact that we're forced into certain weapon types is what annoys me greatly. Can't run SMGs half the time, cause oh guess what, no mod to stun with that!

Posting in language:

• [quote]Topic body[/quote]

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                    • think i don't like about champions is the tedium of having to alter my loadout to deal with them in some content. It's not the end of the world but like i kinda like using what i like using but if it's not antibarrier or whatever then i have to do it with something i find less fun or not fun at all. Which is a deterrant. Sometimes it's nice if you're doing something with champions where you can at least just brute force them anyways with the gun you wnat to use. But like solo lost sectors that's harder. at least for me. Doubt they'll remove them anytime soon though.

Posting in language:

Meatbaag
                      Meatbaag

"No" - A_dmg04 - old

"No" - A_dmg04 haha, no but seriously they're a piece of cake with the current arc artefact mods. My warlock build allows me to kill an overload with a single arc grenade in Master NF and I have all abilities back within a few seconds of using them.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • After giving this more thought I agree. Remove Champions.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon