JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: King's Fall return. Status: Banger
9/5/2022 9:31:11 PM
IMO it's 10x easier than it was in D1.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• actually easier in D1 imo. Though the D2 version isn't hard (as no raids have ever been when people are competent), this newer version is much more chaotic, comparatively speaking, as compared to the D1 version. In D1, Totems were: run here, stand there, don't die, run back. Whereas in D2, it's: run here, ensure you get kills, run back, kill Wizard/Knight, then retrun. Sure, there aren't that many extra steps, but it is definitely not as light. Also the bosses in D2 have probably 5x the health they had in D1 (though, of course damage sources are much higher in D2), so it usually takes a well rounded team at least 2 phases, and up to 4 for everyone else. Even if you make a small mistake, it can drag a boss fight on for another phase

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• It's a destiny 1 raid in destiny 2... I mean, destiny 1 guardians would eat s*** if they went up against D2 guardians all out... It's only logical for it to be easier.

Posting in language:

• Rose tinted glasses. It was always easy. Easiest raid besides Crota.

Posting in language:

• Definitely not. VoG was way easier than KF.

Posting in language:

• Because you remember hard mode and not normal

Posting in language:

That's cause of well and loreley and rally flag lol

Posting in language:

• I feel War Priest was easier in D1. You could extend the brand by killing any enemy while holding it, now it's a Taken Knight and swapping. That basically takes 2 people out of the fight and lowers your DPS. I'm not sure on the weapons we have either. Back in D1 Whisper of the Worm was pretty well meta for DPS king. I'm curious how well it would work with Divinity, as then all shots are crits and that should proc the reload perk.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Hardrive2677: 9/5/2022 11:20:41 PM
    In terms of combat? 100% yes. Titan with Loreleys and 100 resil and you can’t die. I think the mechanics are way better in D2 though.

Posting in language:

• I agree there. I did the Relay Race and stood up on the platform slaughtering the wizard and the Taken Knight using my Hammer Melee. Didn't even fire a gun until the Ogre came out, then stunned it and killed it with a grenade.

Posting in language:

• I don't fully agree, but obviously difficulty is subjective. Daughters and Oryx were so nitpicky mechanics oriented that you could clear them naked if you knew what to do. Not to mention that a tiny mistake from one person could dumpster a 20 min attempt. It's still there in D1 btw.

Posting in language:

• Even though the mechanics allow the raid to be far much easier to complete. I believe even if the old mechanics were never changed, the raid would still remain a breeze to run through and complete. It’s due to the fact the amount of builds we can utilize to further assist us to complete and encounter as fast as possible, and as easy as possible. So what we once did not have we have now to use at our disposal, whether that is something for DPS or for survivability. It’s a reprised raid, so it was already expected to be an easy raid to beat. But what I find odd is that VOG seemed much harder to do than this one if I’m not mistaken.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon