JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Wrong name and # on my bungo account
7/29/2022 2:06:19 PM
1 name change only. Enjoy your new name.
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• cant anyone in bungie help sort this? was a mistake. will this show in game now or only on the website?

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by dc213baseball: 7/29/2022 2:12:04 PM
    That will be shown everywhere your Bungie name displays (on the website/app, in game, etc). No way to change it since you used your 1 time change already.

Posting in language:

• That seems insane? why cant i change it again or how to I get someone to revert it for me? as far as I can see theres no customer service for this

Posting in language:

• They won't, if they did it for you they'd have to do it for everyone, an they already gave everyone an one time change an warned that itll be the only change unless it breaks tos an then the system will auto change it to gaurdian####

Posting in language:

• yea i just wish i knew this, i had no idea and just screwed myself over, it sucks but i wish you could just have the guardian name or whatever you put in you know so it works as a failsafe but thats not the case and ive f'ed myself

Posting in language:

• Not insane. You confirmed that this was the change you wanted. Bungie clearly told us that we are given 1 opportunity for a change & to be careful when using the change.

Posting in language:

• i dont follow bungie anywhere or knew this was even a thing, i was trying to find my account on an lfg and accidentally entered the code in the wrong place and saved. like i said its a mistake, am i not allowed to have one? just hoping someone can help or point me in a direction for where i can try and get this sorted

Posting in language:

• I just changed my name a couple days ago. It was a multi step process that then has you confirm that you are sure you want to change your name to this because it is the only one you get. I don't understand what you people are doing.

Posting in language:

• You are allowed to make mistakes…we all make them. However, sometimes mistakes come with consequences that can’t be undone. Such as your name change being reverted or given to you again.

Posting in language:

• yea thats the part that seems insane to me... its just a username. do you know any way to raise thise concern or get in touch in some way to sort this out?

Posting in language:

• There is no help. Bungie has already said that they won’t change names due to user error. The only time a name will get changed/defaulted is if the new name breaks the code of conduct. Your name doesn’t break it, so you are stuck until such point that Bungie hopefully allows additional name changes.

Posting in language:

• thanks for the info, it just seems really annoying more than anything, i guess i'll just keep trying other methods to get in touch with them because theres no shot this will be my username going forward. it seems so stupid to be strict regarding this small matter, why cant they help or revert it?

Posting in language:

• Because it’s less effort for them to deal with…especially when you hit confirm/save that this is what you want your new name to be. You/I/others need to pay more attention when doing things.

Posting in language:

• why are you defending this? its annoying and it happens, they should be able to just give us a hand here and there

Posting in language:

• I’m defending it because it’s pretty fair to everyone. They don’t make preferential treatment on these matters.

Posting in language:

• ok cool thanks

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon