JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
7/2/2022 10:48:28 PM

Please explain…

(This isn’t a shot at hunters, I really like playing as a hunter too.) You did all that sandbox tuning to get rid of one shot abilities but hunters have a one shot throwing knife. Sure titans can but they have to run peregrine greaves. Hunters just get it regardless of exotic.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• They need the knife as there always running away from a proper shoot out 😂

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I’m not even good and I could put together a montage of all the throwing knife kills I got in the last few weeks since solar 3.0 Solar hunters are broken right now, between the knives, trip mines, classy restoration, golden gun, I almost feel bad running hunter

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • Just go watch the vid of the guy that tries to make the new Titan exotic work in crucible. He literally said he didn’t realize how much help the Hunter knives got to get a hit/kill until he tried to make shield throw even useful at all. It’s a meme. Shoulder charge is a mediocre movement tool and even less of a melee ability since the nerf. It’-blam!- ref was terrible before and hasn’t improved. Suppression on shield bash barely ever procs and is useless because the player in the receiving end can just shotgun you or punch you and kill you. I’m a Titan main who basically gave up on crucible for anything other than pinnacles and bright dust.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • Because Bungo favors hunters. When they redid grenades the first time to not OHK, Hunters still had an OHK grenade. They have 2 of the top 3 best super DPS, the only class that can go invis, and they can also dodge to get 10+ seconds of radiance, the same buff you get from Well of Radiance. With the exception of Bonk Titans (which is probably getting nerfed anyway), hunters are easily the most versatile class in PvP and PvE. They hide behind their "it's my class identity" crap while warlocks get stripped of theirs. The real reason? Because most people play hunter and Bungo wants to make their largest player base happy, even if it's at the detriment of everyone else. With this game's aim assist, hitting those knife crits are easy as hell, but they act like it takes skill to let the game put the reticle over someone's head for them. It's honestly sad.

Posting in language:

• If you step in front of someone and try to knife, there’s only a handful of weapons that don’t have fast enough TTKs to kill the hunter before they throw the knife. Knife is most useful as a defensive tool, if you are rushing into hunters that basically get to fall back and knife you for free because it’s easy to predict. If you’re corner camping, again, your position is really easy to predict. But if you’re out in the open, playing the game actively, knives are extremely hard to land.

Posting in language:

28 Replies
        • [spoiler]stick around[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • It requires a crit. And thats a fair tradeoff. And next season everyone has no exotic 1 shots with flux nades.

Posting in language:

24 Replies
            • Guns are more practical than a slow knife animation. Shoulder charge is a mobility tool. Knife is a projectile and you can see them throwing it. Dodge them, or anticipate.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • [quote](This isn’t a shot at hunters, I really like playing as a hunter too.) You did all that sandbox tuning to get rid of one shot abilities but hunters have a one shot throwing knife. Sure titans can but they have to run peregrine greaves. Hunters just get it regardless of exotic.[/quote] Because it has to be a crit? Or body shot on low health enemies? Lol Titans have a hammer they can pick up and even if you lose your hammer another titan can give you one

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                • I don't have time to explain y I don't have time to explain 🤣

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • I’m a Titan and my fusion nades Barry do any damage in pvp but I get ohk by throwing knives at least once a game. Last week I played against a guy that was bouncing his throwing knife off walls and killing me!!!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • I just assuming here but they (bungie) probably just wanted to get rid of easy ohk abilities in preparation for the 3.0 light subclasses rework and their words said differently. Shoulder charge is on all light subclasses, its easy to proc and pre changes was easier to connect (shield bash.. maybe not as much) Warlocks had a really reliable way of ohk with handheld supernova which is slightly harder to use when compared to shoulder charge but still was quite easy to use. Hunters still kept their throwing knife probably because of how less likely that is to get a ohk since it's the hardest compared to the other ohk abilities. What I find amusing is that they (bungie) said that, and then proceeded to buff an ability to be able to ohk (arc flux) only for arc hunters currently but arc flux is probably the hardest of all ohk abilities to use currently in the game

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                        Reprimer
                        Reprimer

Grinding Endgame Content - old

I think allowing the knives to track is bull. But titan one shot ability are also bull

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon