JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Sovereign: 7/2/2022 4:05:53 PM

Cheaters still rampant in trials on PC

Just tried to do a trial card. I regularly get 6+ kd matches in 6's, I come into trials and get absolutely destroyed by snipers. peak 1/3000th of a second headshot dead. This is why this is a dead game. You literally cannot even play this weekend for cheaters and 1 shot cheese. WTF are you thinking bungie. You give cheaters a guaranteed win by just using an aimbot and a sniper. Dudes at 1650 power with all blue gear that are gods at the game. So bad that people sub to twitch streamers for the chance to get carried to flawless because they know its the only way they will ever get there

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

Eliksni Gunslinger
    Eliksni Gunslinger

"We Fight For Great Machine Together" - old

What's Wrong, Don't You Guys Have Consoles ?

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I switched back to console, I ran out of patience with cheaters in pc. Battle eye did the job but occasionally you will encounter an immortal guardian that comes back to life right after you kill him. I didn’t know sunsinger was in D2 lol. Anyway console is the way to go, thankfully the ps5 can handle 60 fps now so all is well.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Ryan Foxling: 7/5/2022 9:17:59 AM
    I don't remember last time I met a cheater in regular crucible, but in trials I met 3 cheaters on Friday, which is kinda unsurprising, because population feels kinda dry. But it doesn't mean there are a lot of them, I played 2000+ matches in trials since revamp and I probably matched against like 15-20 obvious cheaters, which is much much less compared to previous days, not even close. I played around 4000 games before revamp in season 15, I started to play trials actively in season 11 and only god knows how many cards cheaters ruined for me, I bet it's close to 100

Posting in language:

• in PVP : people never miss a shot no matter what in PVE : people cant hit the broadside of a cabal tank true storie

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • I’ve been playing on PC a full year now, from console. I’ve had my fair share of matches with very obvious cheaters. But lately, more than usual it seems, I’ve been questioning a LOT of my deaths at times. Now, let me start off saying that I am probably average at best in PvP. Many, MANY player are better than me and I get outplayed a lot. I have got a lot to learn. But, there have been a lot of times that I’ve died recently and I really question how it was even possible for the shot that killed me, even landed. I don’t know how aimbot works exactly, but too many times I’m just left scratching my head wondering how I died to certain shots. Latency could be a thing, yea. But some players seem to be TOO good. Idk, maybe I’m just crazy, or that bad lmao. A lot of kills recently seem fishy to me.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        Just because someone is better doesn't mean they're a cheater

Posting in language:

4 Replies
        • It's called a controller.

Posting in language:

• Nope you just played controller players.

Posting in language:

30 Replies
          • I don't know about cheaters, that's a hard one, but I'm tired of snipers and would like a nerf into the ground so they balance out with everything. As it stands, snipers can one shot on regular health AND with an overshield at full health. I'm all for less ability oriented Crucible, but only if snipers get destroyed for PvP games. They are supposed to be a weapon that can really only be used in a stationary position, and should have no deviation from that in any game, just because of their sheer power. They've basically ruined the whole 3v3 experience, but I'll just keep getting blasted because I get weapons through level up regardless. Snipers though, should be so unwieldy in motion that they are basically impossible to use, except in the right way. Bungie keeps mentioning they don't want characters and things to have an identity crisis, they need to do the same with weapons. They each have a purpose that should not be deviated from. It should be simple enough to come up with weapon type - specific perks, because they already do that for the most part, but when your snipers have things like snapshot sights, or low zoom sights, they're having an identity crisis and it needs to be addressed. You want low zoom and good power, use a scout instead, that's its purpose, to bridge between pulse and sniper, that's the price that needs to be paid so one weapon type doesn't completely overrun everything.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • I get one-tapped with legendary bows on console. It’s so ridiculous when people suggest there is no cheating. There’s cheating on console as well. Most of the teams you lose against in trials are sus af. Either they’re all sitting in McDonald’s parking lots or they’re doing something that gives them an advantage.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • They are. I get a about 2-3 Thank You messages a week for reporting obvious aimbotters. 2-3 doesnt seem like a lot, but those are the players who are rage hacking, blatantly cheating for everyone to see, mid game their soft aimbot wasnt winning fights for them, their wallhacks wasnt helping them and they went full aimbot and started lasering the entire lobby. I’d say that a lot of cheaters don’t rage hack like that because an RPG account is a huge investment, there are tons of more fun games to cheat in that requires no time investment to setup unlike destiny 2. Most cheaters probably just Wallhack or use a subtle aimbot that keeps them on target. Hand Cannons with Explosive Payload is very common among cheaters because it keeps their hand cannon headshot percentage low even though they are 3 tapping every gunfight because the explosive payload gets the kill. I’d say that cheating is fairly common in Destiny PvP, especially during Trials (For weapons high in demand), the comp playlists, and Iron Banner.

Posting in language:

• Pc = Master cheats.

Posting in language:

• Edited by BOSSNONO254: 7/4/2022 1:45:42 PM
                BOSSNONO254
                BOSSNONO254

Just Your Average PvP Sweat >:) - old

Idk what to tell you my friend. My third flawless card this weekend I played with two Pc guys, yes it was laggy as heck as I’m on Xbox. But I managed. There were a few snipers but I just didn’t peak, whilst they tried to snipe, I made sure I ran some cover and aped with shotty or main. Sometimes you have to find a way to counter it or run a route where the snipers aren’t hard scoping.

Posting in language:

• Being good in the chaos of 6v6 doesn't necessarily translate to being good in the slower, more methodical, 3v3 format. Cheaters certainly exist, but they hardly seem rampant.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Sky_hawk: 7/3/2022 2:57:27 PM
                Same on console (console cheaters use network manipulation - lag switching). Me and my guys were winning today 2:1 against 3 players with very high KDs. During the first 3 rounds the connection was perfectly fine… Once the opposing team started losing 1:2 they started to teleport on the map… clearly lag switch… We lost that match not because the other team was better but because they started to teleport when we tried to shot at them. And that continued from the 4th round till the very end of the game.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                • It is a lag. You see them as sniping you in a fraction of a second, on their side they probably had a couple of seconds to lazily aim at your stationary head and pull the trigger.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Ryan Foxling: 7/4/2022 2:58:59 AM
                  Ehh... I would say no. Even if I actually matched 2 cheaters on Friday and played 2 games versus the same one. I would say it's still pretty rare to match a cheater compared to older days. I probably played like 15 times versus cheaters since trials changes in season of the lost in and I have more than 2k games in trials since revamp and 4k games before it. It isn't even comparable. You are going to face cheaters more frequently just because there are less people playing trials, simple as that

Posting in language:

• How do you know for certain they were aim botting?

Posting in language:

• Forget pvp and [spoiler]suck a ghost[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

• Since battle eye I‘ve played every weekend and faced one hacker and I‘m on PC.

Posting in language:

• Let me teach you one simple trick for you to succeed in PVP. Pro-PVPers hate this move. Pull up a chair, grab a pen and paper, and pay attention now, cos I am only going to share this once... Here goes. [spoiler]No PVP = No Problem[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • You think I’m 2022 kids would stop blaming their losses on “cheaters” You aren’t as good as you think…it happens… 🤷🏻‍♂️

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • Idk about wallhacks or aimbot because those are pretty hard to prove, but I do have a clip of a guy firing his austringer at 175 rpm. And it's not like he was lagging or anything, the connection for that lobby was solid the whole match.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • called better players than you , cheater are still dere obv every single game have cheaters but they are super rare

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                        • You have a seasonal crucible kda of 1.63. You’re going to get dumped on regularly in trials I do too, and I have a seasonal kda of like 2.2 usually There are a lot of really good players in trials. The majority are not cheaters

Posting in language:

• Better players play trials than causal who would have guessed?

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                          You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon