JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Sn1perQa: 7/4/2022 6:26:48 AM

Posting this for the 4th time [Edited]

I think its time to stop working on new content and focus on the major issues: • Slow Menus • Black Screens • Performance Issues • Matchmaking Issues • Broken Content Fixing the core issues will improve the game significantly I know the engine is old and stuff but these issues can be reduced/fixed that's what all I'm asking for. To the trolls that are saying update your system/you are running the game on a potato in my DMs here are my specs lol : • R7 5800x • 3080 Asus TUF • 32GB TridentZ RGB 3200MHz CL14 • X570 Crosshair VIII Dark Hero • Galahad Lian Li 360mm • 980 EVO Pro 1TB • 980 EVO Pro 1TB • V1000w Cooler Master • P500a Case

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by chrdragon: 7/5/2022 12:44:17 PM
    issue seem to heridate from host meaning, it might not be your side but the host you connecting too. since matches and content loaded is based on who is the host for the loaded mission. if unlucky you can connect to some host that has low spec system and slow internet. as far as i know the destiny 2 server mostly just inbetween where no host player aviable, that when one gets popup connecting to destiny 2 server, where one user tends to be host and rest connect to host player for hub areas, missions and matches helm and enclave are solo area, if you enter it without a fireteam, where one self allways is host so try loading there and see if issue is still there, that then means its something on your side or between you and destiny 2 server.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• The P500b case will fix your issues.

Posting in language:

• So many bots in here trying to defend Bungie hahaha

Posting in language:

• Old gens? What cracks are you guys on? I have a 10k+ USD PC setup. 3080+5950x, 4k HDR 120fps Gsync OLED display, 2T WD Black NVME SSD, still get black screen all the time when loading in. And it's not just me, when in raids all 6 guys can get the black screen and can't move for 1-2 min. Even just opening the director to switch planets I can get black maps that takes 30s+ to recover.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Edited by Zarahi Sunstrider: 7/4/2022 8:34:08 PM
      I play on PS5 black screens don't happen very often. Slow menus come and go and match making does need to be better.

Posting in language:

• I don't invest in PC anymore for D2. Bungie has the corner cut shop when it comes to quality. Zero investment. My calculations suggest that if you are a d2 fan, best investment for 5 year is a static build of ps5 or xbx latest gen. D2 will utilise 100% of those consoles but will probably utilise 25% of the 5x powerful pc build of yours. Bungie logic.

Posting in language:

• is a console game with near 0 optimization on pc is normal , yeah they should fix the stability but for bad pc, new content is obv a priority ,and outside matchmaking i don't have same problems you have (slow load and black screens are normal when matched with old gen players)

Posting in language:

• None of those are "major issues". Half are fixed by updating your own system you play on. The other half is exaggerated.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
      • Time for a hardware upgrade…

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • Alright Alright Alright hot shot! So here’s the scam! You know those old systems you been playing on? Yeah they’re given updates to slow overall performance! Now who knows if Devs are in on it, but as soon as a next gen system drops the entire game goes coo coo! So perhaps the devs are in on it, perhaps they’re encouraged by the big wigs that they gotta apply code to bugger things up Perhaps it’s a scam! All to force you to buy the latest and greatest! Even Apple has been known to send updates to old IPhones in order to force users to upgrade… These business practices can all be justified- after all it’s not like there’s a ‘not so secret’ and ‘not so evil’ cabal trying to force the world towards the great reset. Y’all be owning absolutely nothing! Forever in a forced into a secular version of the community seen in Acts church/ only in the religion of woke. And cancel culture is just a test run- step outta line- criticism of corporations will result in excommunication/ canceled from life! On topic here, go update your current system! All the bugs will go away and you’ll have an amazing experience! If you don’t upgrade they’ll bog your system down to death until you do

Posting in language:

14 Replies
          • Smells like old gen in here

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • Question: Are you still playing on last gen consoles? I don't have half those issues after swapping to the series S and X. Also at this point in D2s life, if bungie stopped making content, it could be the death of destiny. I'm mean half the player base falls off after the 1st month of a new season, so imagine a season with no new content. The only way this could work would be if they brought back all the old strikes, added catalysts for all the exotics, updated weak exotics, brought back all the old crucible maps, and added some cool quests/quest missions.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Besides matchmaking .. I just think you need to upgrade to a next Gen console. I don't have any of those issues on ps5.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • 3 of your 5 points (the first three) are your own issue. I do agree with Matchmaking issues and broken content as in rehashed, reskinned content. Crashes, performance issues and slow menus are all on your own side. I play D2 on a pretty old laptop and it runs just fine. Make sure you have the right Vbios for your graphics card if you crash alot. Slow menus are more of a connection thing But ofcourse I am helping the person that doesn't want help, you have provided 0 examples, 0 information on your connection and pc, 0 detailed critisizm Destiny 2 is a game with a shitty engine, and Bungie won't ever change that. You can make sure you put D2 on an SSD and keep a clean pc, that'll help alot. SSD's aren't expensive anymore and they cut down load times alot But I'm an idiot for trying to help because these posts are just salty cry outs. If you had any intention of helping yourself you would have already. I always look at myself first when facing an issue, instead of pointing a finger. If it's really not my fault in any way then I'll look for other solutions Then there's another category of "humans" that like to raise their arms and point their fingers before a single constructive thought has passed their smooth brains

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Whats sad is they have likely devoted more time to their woke political correct media statements then any of those problems you have stated. But hey dont worry if what ever is "broken" is in the players benefit you can be damned sure it will either be disabled or hot fixed with in 24hours. And this is not hyperbole, they have reinforced and put into practice these jabs at incompetence I have stated.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                      TheShadow
                      TheShadow

Bungie is no more... - old

You have a better chance of winning the Super Lotto than to get Bungie to fix their huge mess.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • You'll need to post this 100 more times until Bungie sees it

Posting in language:

• Fyi to the comments, issues of things like the black screen are present on newer consoles as well. I run on ps5 and just a few weeks ago had ongoing black screen when going to tower as well as ending up in a spectator mode where my character would never spawn. This is on top of many other bugs. I haven't had that in a little bit so maybe they patched it up. But it most definitely was an issue even on the new hardware.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        • Let's not forget the screen skips and the frame rate giving people super speed lol

Posting in language:

• With this games engine the sad thing is that the next season will break whatever they fix.

Posting in language:

• The game isn’t old gen friendly, you should mostly match make with old gens too

Posting in language:

• Delete the game until ps5s are readily available, because this game is not healthy to play on old gen. Period

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                          • Get a PC and [spoiler]suck a ghost[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                            • Dat matchmaking tho! Bro...you really want to stop the "pros" from dunking on casuals?? I thought the [b]NBA[/b] was [b]all pro teams[/b] vs those [b]guys who play every Sunday?[/b] According to the elite streamer ruling class- That's fun and entertaining, yes? [spoiler]matchmaking is garbage 🗑 Gamers of the world unite! [/spoiler]

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                              • Sounds like an old gen problem

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                • I personally would need a little more info on “Matchmaking issues” and “broken content” to give my label of agree or disagree. I’ll just say this - performance issues and quality of life issues have never caused me to not want to play a game. I grew up in the 90’s so I remember blowing on my game cartridges on the NES, supernintendo and N64. These things just don’t bug me as they might the next person, or maybe I’m just persistent and I push through the bugs. For me, the only thing that I would truly complain about is if a game was fundamentally not fun - I’m not talking about bugs or unbalanced things, those are minor inconveniences in my mind. I’m talking about things that are boring or uninteresting. Things like “team deathmatch” style PvP (Destiny has this). Over saturated loot drops - I’m talking about getting legendary and exotic gear every 5 seconds, cheapening the moment when you get loot to drop (Destiny has this). Weapon crafting which turns the grind from playing content for loot to playing content for materials to craft your perfect loot - this puts a tangible time limit on the amount of fun I will end up having chasing god roll loot and breaks my immersion (Destiny does this).

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                                  You are not allowed to view this content.
                                  ;
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon