JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
7/1/2022 10:28:14 PM

Can we update/rework the vendors of EDZ, Nessus, and Cosmodrome

Since the release of Witch Queen and the Vendor "Fynch", some Vendors have been left forgotten. When you rank up with Devirm Kay and Failsafe, the only thing you can use is the updated armor. Guns gained from the vendors are all sunset and year 1 guns. At the cosmodrome you can't even rank up there which makes that vendor a complete waste of time. Either update the vendors to make them relevant again, or remove the locations. I think majority of players don't want to remove anymore content so here is a solution. Just like the Throne world, all the vendors should have destination specific weapons to make going and farming the location special. For Example- Think if Shaw Haw Had a reputation system and the weapons he can give were from Pre-collapse to Dark age weapons like a Legendary Khvostov, Bygones, Etc and even allow them to be craftable. If you consider removing them, the game will lose almost half of the playable locations. There is so much they can be used for don't waste it Bungie.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• no point all will be sunset soon enough

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I think the only reason they don't is because you could easily farm then for random world drop weapons and armor, by just feeding them resources which you can then buy from Rahool. But if they made then more like finch, I think it could work. Unfortunately this would make planetary materials pointless since you'd only need them for upgrade modules.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Edited by LikwiD_SmOkE22: 7/3/2022 3:34:23 AM
      I don't agree with removing them just because the vendor inventory sucks on these locations. But I 100% agree they need an update because there's really no reason to interact with these vendors. Also Shaw Han is the absolute worst I wish he didn't exist. He's such a bland character.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • It’d be cool to see a vendor update. Maybe having more/ better bounties from those vendors. A leveling system like Fynch. And armor with good stats

Posting in language:

• Content is hard

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Careful what you ask for. You want a vendor update / rework, Bungo hear 'we want EV vendors on each planet selling us dresses'. That's Grungie for you.

Posting in language:

MAKING CONTENT IS HARD

Posting in language:

• If they did this, we'd all have to run a bunch of patrols on those planets to level the vendors up and absolutely nobody wants to do that. I wholeheartedly disagree with this idea.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • I gave up on those vendors years ago, and you should too. Also they're probably saving that for another expansion in the future. Drang has been re-issued like 3-4 times now. We over at Bungie like to have 0 inspiration at all! Because our playerbase gobbles up every turd we produce! Yee haw!

Posting in language:

• I want to thank everybody that liked, commented, or even looked at this post. I was expecting maybe a couple people seeing this post, but not a small army like this. The community can influence the game. We just need to kept the ideas going that will improve the game.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • Bold of you to assume they care if we enjoy the game or have fun playing it. Fomo, hamster wheel and cash cow are all words synonymous with the current Bungie business model. They have zero interest in improving gameplay, instead they focus on reselling vaulted items and reselling preexisting assets from Destiny 1. Prove me wrong, I'll wait.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                TheShadow
                TheShadow

Bungie is no more... - old

Yeah, about that, It takes time and resources Bungie is unwilling to provide, mainly because of their other projects. The only time this ever happened was with D1, a totally different Bungie back then. Bungie is not interested in keeping the game relevant let alone the vendors except once a year so they don't have to put some actual effort into the game. It's way factions were removed, and Bungie as usual gave some BS story. Cutting costs and time is what it's all about. Never mind that the player base pays Bungie very well.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • Edited by TeaBags0614: 7/3/2022 4:48:58 AM
                  It would be cool if the old dungeons and raids got re-worked too And if they made it where going to these planets was actually useful, material buying kinda ruins that

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                  • Nessus and EDZ are going to get vaulted next and Shaw Han is purely for somebody to be the new light quest giver

Posting in language:

• Edited by Erafracture: 7/2/2022 1:31:45 PM
                    Erafracture
                    Erafracture

Killing enemies with a smile - old

I love how you said that the vendor at the Cosmodrome is a waste of time to go to. I’d love to say that to Shaw Han’s face, if he just removed his cheat hacks that make him invincible to any attacks.

Posting in language:

• Why bother? They're all just waiting in line for the DCV anyway.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • I both agree and use them to farm cores...so erm eh erm

Posting in language:

• This is not true. Failsafe also provides depressingly amusing commentary. It's critical to my gameplay.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • How about we get NEW -blam!-..

Posting in language:

• Shaw is far from irrelevant, his bounties give quite a chunk of xp. Why do you think ranking up everywhere should be mandatory? I'd rather see less ranking up vendors, not more. I agree about Devrim and Failsafe tho. What i would honestly like to see for all vendors, them included, is Petra's system, with 3+ bounties that reward doing more specific things, and give actual, usable stuff in return. Wanted enemies still roam Nessus and EDZ, they can be objective for bounties, and Cosmodrome really needs more activity, like more patrols and public events. Also, Randall could be a bounty objective, and the reward would be a high-stat piece of armor.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                        • Not with these lazy greedy devs

Posting in language:

• Don't tell them to remove the locations cause they will and all we'd be left with is 3 planets.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                          • Honestly I would love this. Maybe even add a reworked destination hotspot (forget the name) that we had from year 1 - 3. Maybe make it where you can get deepsight vesions of the planetary weapons.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                            • Effort = Not gonna happen

Posting in language:

• Edited by Prime_Scuttler: 7/2/2022 11:23:17 AM
                              Decent post man! It would be awesome to get new vendor loot. However, It's been unchanged for years, i can't see Bungie being bothered to update the Vendors tbh. I mean, they don't put much effort into expansions nowadays, so don't get your hopes up bro. Personally, i say ditch the planets to free up space for new content.

Posting in language:

• Is it bad the first thing I thought was, "This sounds kinda neat, actually. Bungie wouldn't do it, though. It's WAY too much work for their standards."

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon