JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Crispy505_: 7/1/2022 8:40:12 PM

Seriously. Why does crafting even exist in its current state?

It takes 10 years to get the gun unlocked, get the materials, craft it, level it up, re-shape it. It takes so long to get a gun that’s just maybe slightly better then a normal roll you could get running a raid/dungeon etc… It just doesn’t work as it should right now

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Because Bungie would rather make a system that keeps you grinding than make a great system, oblivious to the fact that if they did make the system great, we'd grind the hell out of it.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I have no interest in crafting. Not worth the effort. Bungie made it too cumbersome.

Posting in language:

Master-Squirrel
    Master-Squirrel

Warlock Natural Selection. - 8/18/2022 2:27:26 PM

Pride & Accomplishment.

Posting in language:

• Solution: game doesn’t need crafted weapons

Posting in language:

• Edited by Golden_Apple: 7/5/2022 9:19:05 AM
    Maybe by Season 19 I'll get my first Deepsight Fixed Odds or Epicurean.

Posting in language:

• So difficult to get the frames it makes you lose interest. I haven’t gotten one red box epicurian and I’ve done all the haunted stuff every week on all 3 characters & lots of bounties & keys. Not to mention the crafted weapon perks are not really worth the grind. Yeah you can use umbral engrams and take 5 weeks to get the frames for one gun. Guess that’s “fun” for some people. People don’t want to see the game go downhill because it means so much to them but it’s really getting stale.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • the system has its ups and downs, but it's certainly not what people were hoping for. I think everybody (myself included) wanted a more straightforward crafting system, where you didn't have to spend so many resources.

Posting in language:

Yamabushi999i
      Yamabushi999i

balance lol - old

Answer: because there's no other rewarding seasonal content.

Posting in language:

• There are literally dozens of guns that no one uses. Mainly, I suspect, that there are few decent possible perks available for RNG to roll. I thought, at first, that craftable weapons would have almost all good perks available, so I could craft a really good weapon. Nope! Didn't turn out that way. I have a few weapons crafted, and by and large they aren't all that good. Most, if not all, have a few good perks available, padded out with ones that do nothing. Take Firefright as an example. No rampage. No Dragonfly. No explosive rounds. No demolitionist. No Subsistance. No Wellspring There are other random roll autos that can roll better then this thing.

Posting in language:

• Yah get a perfect weapon in the end.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • Considering it’s just a system for bad luck protection it’s working fine.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Honestly thought of how it could be made better Put it simply all weapons can level up, at level 10 perks can be enhanced, enhancing a perk unlocks it on the crafted weapon version Deepsight weapons have a guaranteed additional perk, masterworking a deepsight weapon unlocks it for crafting for enhancement/dismantling normal weapons resonant alloy raid weapons drowned alloy adept weapons ascendant alloy

Posting in language:

• A failsafe system. Seriously once you have a weapon unlocked YOU NEVER HAVE TO LOOT IT AGAIN. That is why the cost is steep and why leveling exists.

Posting in language:

• Destiny is a loot game. Not a crafting game.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
          • It took me less than a week to unlock and fully craft austringer, beloved, and without remorse So idk what you on

Posting in language:

6 Replies
            • To keep people playing. That and giving streamers an excuse to keep advertising the game for them.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • I'd rather have a defined way to get a roll than endlessly battle with RNG personally and even then leveling up the weapon while tedious is satisfying in its own way I can make the exact roll I want change it if things get needed/adjusted. Is the red border grind good no, nor is the xp we get but better than endlessly farming on activities and weapons that can vanish on a whim I.e palindrome. Crafting just exposes how dull destiny 2 is as a game the longer you play.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • I like it, but it's too much grind and I think it was a knee jerk reaction on bungies part, in response to all the content creators who claim that crafting would led to instant God rolls and make crucible toxic.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                  • My only problem is resonant elements i think the rest of this season getting more is gonna be my focus plus grandmaster nightfalls.

Posting in language:

• What if all weapons of the same architype dropped with all of the stats possible, but you had to use that weapon to upgrade and unlock the perks you wanted? Hang on, I think they scrapped a similar idea to this in D1 😏

Posting in language:

• Then don't craft. It's not like the weapon can't roll with the perks you want, and outside of Surrounded, all the "enhanced" perks do is add half a second to the duration or maybe bump one stat up marginally. If you hate it, don't engage with it. Also, another suspicious timing post after a bunch of content creators started complaining about it. Figures they'd all whine after they already got theirs so their sycophant followers can parrot them on the boards.

Posting in language:

• What pisses me off about crafting is that most weapons that can roll with deepsight aren't craftable like others are. If something can have that red boarder, it SHOULD be craftable too. Vanguard ops, Gambit, Crucible, Hell if we can craft VotD weapons why cant we craft Timelost VoG weapons too!?

Posting in language:

The system is very poorly polished but in the end i think the ability to curate a weapon perk for perk trait for trait to your liking is essential in a game like this. It took me like 4 days of really boring grinding to get my beloved and level it up to get everything I want but now that I have it I absolutely love it and Im looking forward to having a hand picked austringer as well. I just am not interested in doing it anytime soon because Im still recovering from the beloved grind. I definitely don't think the system serves no purpose but it is absolutely very badly designed. The biggest pain point is probably having to attune 4-5 red border weapons before getting the pattern because that is just stupid and obviously once you have the gun the levelling up process is boring... I levelled up my beloved using a cryosthesia in PvP and it was kinda fun but it got old and it took forever. Obviously getting a gun hand picked to your liking should take time to do, it shouldn't be a handout, but the current system is flawed. In my opinion it would be good to have a material that drops from endgame content, perhaps at a similar rarity to ascendant shards, and using it (or 2 or 3 of it or whatever) gives you a pattern for a weapon of your choice. That's just an idea off the top of my head

Posting in language:

• It feels like it was done to check a box on a feature list for the game. But then made to be such a grind, and so limited that it’s if no real benefit. It’s just a bad grind and bad sense of progression all the way through. You’re weapon never feels unique, and it does the one thing apologists for the grind claim the grind meant to prevent. It invalidates RNG loot. You only care about deep sight versions, and only until you get the 5 needed to unlock the pattern. It’s a boring, un-engaging system, with very little sense of reward. More like just a sense of relief. As once you get the pattern, the rest is just inevitable with enough time sunk into having the weapon equipped.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • So you do the dungeon 20-30 times, only get 2 red bars and quit playing because the juice is not worth the squeeze

Posting in language:

• In its current state there’s no real reason to interact with the crafting system. On the road to unlocking the pattern you’re far more likely to get a roll nearly exactly what you want anyways so there’s no point. Crafting should have been an easy win but they Bungied it

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                      ;
                      preload icon
                      preload icon
                      preload icon