JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

2/15/2022 6:21:42 PM
Eliksni Gunslinger
Eliksni Gunslinger

In Darkness there is only 1 truth, Death old

I think they shouldn't try to tell stories in a chaotic multi-player environment, you have conversations being started before everyone gets there etc, people skipping cutscenes for everyone else Really bad imo
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

Ferus Lux
    Ferus Lux

Well? Too bad. Have some Arc Souls. - old

That can be fixed by a joining fire team prompt and a player "volume" area trigger that check if all players are nearby for atleast 5 seconds before dialogue and animations occur from a set stance for the npc model.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• [quote]I think they shouldn't try to tell stories in a chaotic multi-player environment, you have conversations being started before everyone gets there etc, people skipping cutscenes for everyone else[/quote] While I agree that this is a problem, there are possible solutions. For example SWTOR (an actual Story MMO) has a mechanic in the base game that Players can only start conversations if every player in the group confirmed or declined taking part in the conversation. While Destiny is not that much Story driven as SWTOR is, I would say it could work if they limit the "activation" of dialogues to "all players must be within a certain area" which also makes sure players can hear the dialogue. But as I said, I agree this can be a problem.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon