JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Help

Help us help you.
Edited by MozzzGO: 1/5/2022 1:36:20 AM

Cannot connect

Hi. Played few hours after maintenance, now trying to star the game and cannot connect. Cannot get even in game menu. Have no error code, only text that I need learn more about connection problem on help.bungie.com. What I need to do? PC, Steam
English
#Help #Networking

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Hello. Unfortunately, an internet service provider in Russia is having issues. You will need to contact them to resolve your issues.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by WarVisionary: 1/5/2022 4:01:13 PM
    Same problem, got disconnected and then servers have been unavailable since around 00:25 GMT (that's when it kicked me from Pit boss farm, that's the date of the last completion), also on Rostelecom ISP in Russia. This is not the first time it happened, same issue repeated at least 3 times in the past week (the ones that I noticed since I was playing at the time). Goes like this: 1. You get weasel-ed out of an activity you're currently in. 2. In orbit all inventory management stuff works fine. 3. When trying to connect to any activity -- you get the flying animation, black screen, back to orbit without any error codes. 4. If you try to re-launch or reboot: you get the same problem, log-in process gets stuck on "Signing In", then the "Destiny 2 servers are not available" ( https://ibb.co/2K1P5mg ) message pops up that other posters have already screen-shotted and posted in this thread. Re-trying does not solve the issue. So far, I have experienced this issue three times. First time it went away after around 10 minutes, second went on for two hours, this one has been going on for 14 hours and counting. While a lot of evidence is pointing to Rostelecom's routing being the culprit (possibly connected to blockage of TOR recently, as the problems started around that time), it could be an issue on Bungie’s side. Hypothetical scenario: Some IPs from Russia are DDoS-ing Bungies Auth and other servers, since IPs are random, the whole Russian IP group gets rate-limited (not the greatest solution, but there might not be any better, don't quote me, I'm not a network engineer), now users get denied service because of rate-limiting, and it's all going to be fine once that limitation is lifted. As of 15:30 GMT this issue has been resolved, however I'm still getting uncharacteristic weasel-s in the tower (despite correct port-forwarding setup), and it's unclear, if this is going to happen again, since this was not the first time. General suggestion is to use a VPN to circumvent the issue (I would not suggest playing pvp or doing anything requiring precise timing though :P ). Algo/Streisand/just a WireGuard installation, or any service-based VPNs work well enough. Using VPN to play the game is not against EULA, afaik, but Steam does not like you doing that, so use it responsibly. One might want to setup a proxy for Destiny 2-used ports to avoid issues with using Steam through a VPN.

Posting in language:

I can to log in. I think they fix the problem.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • Edited by Argument: 1/5/2022 2:13:55 PM
      Same problem here, can't connect to Destiny 2 servers at all and no error codes are being shown. I'm from Russia, Rostelecom is ny ISP and i guess the problem is on their side.

Posting in language:

• Hi there! Can you please provide the full error message that you are receiving?

Posting in language:

23 Replies
      • Same problem ,Russia, cannot conect to servers... i was disconected and couldnot conect again....

Posting in language:

• Same problem. Reinstallation, port forwarding and file checking are ineffective...

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
      ;
      preload icon
      preload icon
      preload icon