JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Warsmith_Andrath: 1/3/2022 4:24:00 PM

Adjustments, Changes, and Monetization

For anyone who clicks this, just some thoughts that I've had for the last couple weeks. Season Pass: 1) While I am personally ok with the majority of the pass as is, there is PLENTY of room for improvement. Things that I would think would help the pass (in terms of rewards) would be the introduction of and inclusion of general use transmog tokens into the season pass. While I could see 5 being a good start, I would go as far as too include 10: 5 in the free track at ranks 20,40,60,80,100 and 5 in the premium track at ranks 10,30,50,70,90. 2) Let players opt into any season pass, be it current or one from 2 years ago. This would allow new players to earn select rewards while cutting back on FOMO. Another part of this, expanded bellow, would expand monetization. The premium tracks from past (previous years) seasons could be opted into at a discounted price as the activities are long gone. I personally think $2.5 - $5 would be ok pricing. Ornaments: While I have no idea how many weapons are presented prior to a season and which ones are selected, I think universal (legendary) weapon ornaments would be amazing. This would start with base faction themed ornaments (Fallen, Hive, Cabal, Vex, Taken and Scorn) and would be expanded upon as seasons are released. If a full set of weapons are designed prior to season (covering each weapon type) and only a few are selected, the rejected weapon models could be turned into ornaments and released alongside the new content (yes, in Eververse). Expansions: While I have no problem supporting a company (in this case Bungie) with annual purchases, it starts to stack up and could quickly prevent new players from playing the game. Destiny 2 right now can cost $100+ to get all the expansion content (which is required to have access to everything). While it is a pricing model that worked for what I believe is a much smaller company, what would happen if D2 expansions where actually free? Season passes (and new Dungeons I guess) would still be purchased separately, but all annual/expansion content would be available at launch. As it stands now, the Digital Deluxe Witch Queen is $80 to purchase and includes 4 season passes and 2 Dungeons. Take out the passes (each costing $10, correct me if I'm wrong), and that leaves the DD edition at $35. Depending on the pricing of the Dungeons, this could leave the core WQ expansion at $20-$30. While a discount considering the $40 base value, this begins to add up. Cutting this out of the equation (as said before) would likely see an influx of players who may likely stick around. If it comes down to company income, this is why the 2 previous ideas are as they are. The ability to opt into previous seasons and the inclusion of themed and unique weapons ornaments would be able to cover the loss of the core expansion price. If you made it down his far, thank you for reading my likely disorganized thoughts. Feel free to leave comments down bellow. I have other ideas regarding XP/Bounties if anyone is interested to read them. If, by chance, a Bungie employee sees this: I would like thoughts/feedback from the company, and maybe a little look into the weapon design/selection process for seasons. If the weapon type (AR, Pulse, RL) is determined prior to design, then I understand that my idea for weapon ornaments would not work or would cause additional work for the teams.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon