JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Service Alert
All Destiny releases will be temporarily offline tomorrow for scheduled maintenance. Please stay tuned to @BungieHelp for updates.

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by NVMYGT: 11/28/2021 5:40:19 AM

Could you bring the things that made D1 so great to D2?

Some of the greatest details in Destiny 1 were abandoned when making D2 and im not sure how to feel about that. If you never go back and play D1 occasionally it would be easy to just forget and move on, but when you do play you start to notice how many details were dulled down to make D2. Could you at least add back the P.A. announcements at the tower? Maybe the ability to replay campaign missions... oh, wait. The more you play both games, the more you see lacking from Destiny 2. Compared some simple things like patrols... https://youtu.be/1nwJY2eEM6E

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• 1: sparrow horns 2: that's it.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• People really think tower P.A announcements and patrol dialogue would make them enjoy the game. Sad.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
    • Edited by kellygreen45: 11/27/2021 1:37:21 PM
      You can’t step in the same river twice. Because the river is different and the man is different. The details weren’t “dumbed down”. They were changed. Because the game changed…and the world the game takes place in changes. The Tower your walking in is still a smouldering wreck—as is much of what was The City at that time—because of the Red War. Go over to Zavala in the D2 Tower. Go over and just look over the edge and down into (what’s left) of the City. You’ll have a deeper understanding of Lord Saladin’s rage at the Cabal…and what it took on the part of Ikora and Zavala to see Caital as different and agree to work with the Cabal—under her leadership—-to fight the Hive. It’s a more interesting trip to get on a boat and flow with the river of change than it is to fight the unwinnable fight of trying to prevent it. Change is the only constant. When I go back and play D1 what I experience is a game that I used to love, but is slow and clunky by comparison to D2. I tried to get into butterfly collecting as a kid. Until I realized that I preferred watching them living and flying…even if for a short time…than seeing them pinned in a display case.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
      • Wow d1 was beautiful to look at and listen too.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • 1.Unique strike specific loot in vanguard strike playlist. 2.Gunsmith test weapons and arms day packages. 3.Bounties that reward weapons for getting kills with a particular weapon(crucible quatermaster has these in D1). 4.All story missions on maps permanently like strikes(not on a rotation like Shadow keep). 5.Something similar to the Taken champions when patrolling(D1 version of champions not D2 version) or like the big Vex invasions we had on the Moon in Season of Undying.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Actually I have been playing D1 this week. So much better in so many ways. Crucible in D1 is 100% better. I was shocked with the TTK the other day and loved it.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • 100% agree with the announcements , they created an atmosphere. I miss the old tower tbh, the new tower is too separated, not very atmospheric, and has a massive hole in the middle that I always accidentally jump off and embarrass myself I also think strike specific loot, crucible specific loot would be amazing to see. I also want to see Raid ornaments again like Age of Triumph in D1 , new , brilliant ornaments , not recycled Vog things. Glowing shaders that are hard to get and from activities would be great And new poses that players can choose on the character customisation screen (the titan pose is awful) and the ability to pick which gun you’re holding. New exotics and non recycled content would be a dream come true. ( I’ve always wanted to see a heavy trace rifle) The only thing I think they should bring back is the old tower (with some extensions of course for drifter and ada) , and twilight garrison cause that thing was so good. I also just want to point out how awful the armor is in D2 compared to D1 , the last armor set I was hyped for was the phenotype plasticity set. And that was over 2 years ago now. Just make the armor enemy themed and a bit more beaten up please. Eyes up.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • Please, no more D1 content. It’s done and should stay done.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • You can still summon your jumpship in the hanger near Saint-14 so that’s one thing 🤷🏻‍♂️

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • The best PA was when Cayde wanted to know who took his sparrow

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                    • You do know replayable campaigns is coming with the Witch Queen right?

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        f3
                        f3

Another storefront church is open. - old

Destiny 1 wasn’t exactly great, either.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
                        • I step back onto D1 occasionally and it takes me a while to get used to no healing rift for the warlock lol

Posting in language:

• [quote]Some of the greatest details in Destiny 1 were abandoned when making D2 and im not sure how to feel about that. If you never go back and play D1 occasionally it would be easy to just forget and move on, but when you do play you start to notice how many details were dulled down to make D2. Could you at least add back the P.A. announcements at the tower? Maybe the ability to replay campaign missions... oh, wait.[/quote] Nah to hear all of these mindless freaks that came to D2 and not played D1 crying and whinning

Posting in language:

• I used to think the D2 tower was better than D1's, but visually and in terms of atmosphere I actually found I like D1's tower a lot more. Truthfully I miss some of the mini games that were on the farm, but I don't think a lot of people really care.

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                          • I miss trying to find all the new dead ghosts when a new area/map was released

Posting in language:

SparkleGuy
                            SparkleGuy

AKA Leader27723 - old

[quote]Maybe the ability to replay campaign missions... oh, wait.[/quote] 😂

Posting in language:

• Edited by TheShadow: 11/27/2021 12:13:25 AM
                            [quote]Some of the greatest details in Destiny 1 were abandoned when making D2 a[/quote] That's because certain people wanted things their way, and their way almost lost the entire player base...

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon