JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

11/25/2021 8:42:00 PM
Why are these posts allowed but Veterans Day posts weren't?
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Because nobody is using thanksgiving as a catalyst for trans hate, which people WERE doing.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• People with hate in their heart will use anything to spread that hate. Were their transphobic comments? Yes, but they should have known that virtue signaling on that day was a mistake. Transgender Awareness was on the 20th. They could have waited another week but they didn't. Then, instead of acknowledging their screw up, they silenced all criticism of the matter.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Dredgen Hatter-3: 11/27/2021 6:59:27 PM
    [quote]People with hate in their heart will use anything to spread that hate. Were their transphobic comments? Yes, but they should have known that virtue signaling on that day was a mistake. Transgender Awareness was on the 20th. They could have waited another week but they didn't. Then, instead of acknowledging their screw up, they silenced all criticism of the matter.[/quote] Virtue signaling is a very poor choice of words. In just saying that, there is contempt. Wait or not, it's the fact that it was STILL used as a catalyst for trans hate. And Thanksgiving was not. I have close family who has served, and I was very disgusted by what I saw from the community. Neither of them care for that. One of them really disliked what he saw it being used for in the community. Edit: this conversation is insidious. I'm going to go ahead and block you, as I sense a worse response coming.

Posting in language:

• -blam!- off dude. Bunch of damn snowflakes -blam!- about everything Let people just enjoy the holiday without trying to grift

Posting in language:

• he has a point though

Posting in language:

• You're the one getting worked up over a simple question that isn't directed at you.

Posting in language:

• They were, moaning Michael. Just having 7 threads full of complaints "Why's there no emblem for that" wasn't cool. BTW: 80% of us live in counties that don't celebrate Thanksgiving but you obviously have to rub your customs into everyone's faces. How about each single country starting celebrating their hols on the forum and polluting it with pointless threads?

Posting in language:

• Other countries do however have some variation of Veteran's Day.

Posting in language:

• USA > rest of the world

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon