This was the result of a recent fix to make sure Xbox privacy settings properly carry over in-game for Cross Play. Players using Xbox accounts who are seeing an increase of blocked players who wish to remove the block must:
- Navigate to Settings > General
- Online Safety & Family
- Privacy & Online Safety
- Xbox Privacy
- View Details and Customize
- Communication and Multiplayer
- Set "You can join cross-network play" to "Allow"
- Set “You can communicate outside of Xbox with voice & text” to “Everybody”
Additionally, players who want to take advantage of LFG features can change their “Other can communicate with voice, text, or invites” settings.