JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
5/4/2021 3:18:20 PM
Huss

Zero PVP content in the new trailer AND roadmap.

Title. Why? Wasn't pvp essential in the Destiny world?

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Not to hate on PvE or PvP, but what lore role does the Crucible itself actually serve in the Destiny world? Aside from Iron Banner and Trials respectfully. There isn't some sort of alien faction associated to it. There isn't a particular enemy leader we need to eliminate within the Crucible. We didn't Atheon or Oryx in a game of Clash. The lore of the Destiny universe revolves mostly around the PvE content. A large portion of the playerbase in invested in this lore and story and want to know what happens next. The only way I see Bungie ever adding more relevance to PvP, or bringing more PvP content is with a PvP based season. Although that seems unlikely. [spoiler]Unless a Guardian Civil War begins between Light users and Darkness users?[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by kellygreen2: 5/4/2021 7:57:58 PM
    [i]"With Destiny now committed to being an everlasting evolving world, we want to make sure we are still taking the time to upgrade the systemic foundation of Destiny 2 to support everything we want to do in the future. Our ultimate vision for Destiny 2 still stands – a definitive action-MMO, a unified global community where you can play Destiny anywhere with your friends. For 2021 this means upgrading our approach to keeping Destiny’s weapon and armor game fresh, [b]refining our vision for PVP,[/b] implementing transmog, and adding Crossplay. More below."[/i] ----Joe Blackburn. [i]State of the Game 2021. [/i] Because The Crucible as it is right now is not compatible with the identity of the game, and the vision Bungie is pursuing going forwards.....and Bungie hasn't worked out a NEW one for PVP in this game. Also the people who were the creative energy behind PVP in this game were part of the faction at Bungie that were working AGAINST the Destiny-as-MMO vision. They wanted a game that would inherit Halo's legacy in PVP and (imo) e-sports....and were largely responsible for the disaster that vanilla Destiny 2 was. Those individuals were pushed out in that drive to "unify the vision" of the game....and PVP in Destiny has been stagnant ever since. So I really would not expect anything to be done with PVP in this game (other than Trials) for the rest of this year....at a minimum.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • I don’t even like PVP and think you guys need an entire season.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • All the toxic PvE nerds in here....LOL What's it feel like to be so bad at the game that you struggle to kill a strike boss?

Posting in language:

9 Replies
          Epicperon
          Epicperon

banned gang - old

go play CoD

Posting in language:

• Nope it's a pve game I mean cmon just look at how trials was done or only change to pvp was to remove over half the maps yeah they removed pvp content not added any

Posting in language:

Still waiting on that "renewed focus" that was promised...

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • I suggest you stop buying dlc without a focus on pvp. I did long ago. Too many people will sheepishly pay for recycled content, d1 content, old content, and to never get pvp improvements, or to get thrown a tiny pvp scrap. I you'll buy it anyways why would they give you pvp content? If they can just resell you old recycled d1 armor, weapons, maps and not make new ones why wouldn't they?

Posting in language:

• Edited by CookieNiki: 5/4/2021 9:01:26 PM
            [quote]Wasn't pvp essential in the Destiny world?[/quote] I always said it wasn't and still isn't. And the proof is that the game's been running perfectly for years without any investment in PvP.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
            • Edited by MayBe Reckless: 5/5/2021 5:51:25 PM
              What do you mean by zero content? New game modes? New maps? New guns to use? There are new guns every season. As for maps and game modes, the hard core pvp players already have the maps they like and the game modes they want to play. Every time bungie has added game modes or maps into the competitive rotations the content creators and hard core pvp players screech at the top of their lungs until it's out. Mark my words if Bungie made new maps and they got put in the Trials rotation all the sweats would be ready to burn the building down. Think i'm wrong? just go back and look what happened when we got new maps with Forsaken that got put into Survival Playlist, and go back and look what happened when Bungie released any new game modes into the general playlist, or when Search and Destroy was in the competitive play list. PvP players in this game hate change so Bungie is giving them exactly what they want as far as I can tell.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
              • Meh, PvP was supposed to just be a place to mess around when there was nothing else to do anyways

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                • If you want an actual pvp experience then go play siege or any other game without +50 aim assist constantly active

Posting in language:

• No

Posting in language:

• Iron banner and trials. So not zero.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • I'm happy about that, but I understand some people aren't

Posting in language:

• Reading through some of these comments and my brain hurts now.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • And? Gambit has had nothing new since Joker's Wild. The new mode is garbage, and has no endgame. At least Crucible has a variety of modes.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • Remember Bungies words? RENEWED FOCUS ON PVP.Ya... that was a lie.

Posting in language:

• I agree with you but i find it also funny pvp players have these delusions that they’re important to Bungie... actions speak more than words from Bungie...

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        • Edited by Spidey: 5/6/2021 10:28:19 AM
                          This game was always marketed as a PvE experience and never advertised only as a full fletched PvP game with awesome features and competitive nature. I guess most PvP players just thought "oh, Destiny, it's from Bungie, the original Halo dudes" back then and had high hopes for the PvP nature here. Well wrong, since D1 was out, PvP was a mess, unbalanced, no restrictions, panic buttons like supers, broken guns, broken subclasses, idiotic metas, bad and outdated netcoding, and the list goes on and on Why some people actually take Destiny as their PvP game over many other good titles out there is simply beyond me. PvE has its highlights, yet PvP lacks in all. Destiny's PvP is the worst out there I have seen since I stopped playing Halo Reach many years ago and even that one was so bad, even MLG stopped supporting it, including the Top H3 teams.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • The way it should have been since the beginning. Pve should be the main focus above everything else in the game. All the gear should be gotten through pve means and could be used in pvp allowing the hybrid gameplay. Pvp has an always been the bane and cancer of destiny because it has messed up the balancing making balance close to impossible. Nothing should ever be gained out of pvp.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                            • Yeah I'm not buying this time

Posting in language:

• Remember when Bungie said they were going to work hard on PvP? They lied like they always do.

Posting in language:

• More Crucible maps would improve PVP.

Posting in language:

• Good. PvP needs to die and stay dead.

Posting in language:

21 Replies
                              • F2P players in a nutshell right here. “I don’t have any money to spend on games so give me better free stuff.” Destiny is a PVE game with a PVP option. Crucible is free because no one plays it. Go back to Warzone, leech.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                You are not allowed to view this content.
                                ;
                                preload icon
                                preload icon
                                preload icon