JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

5/4/2021 2:45:02 PM
I was nice.. I think the creative 'borrowing' from Halo 3 kinda sucks tho.. Halo 3.. Arbiter helps you Destiny 2 season 14.. Fallen captain helps you. We had a back story that leads us into Halo 3 and Arbiter helping us.. Here, it's just.. guess what, a fallen captain is going to help you now!
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• In game context doesn't exist that much for Mithrax. But lore context does. He's pretty sick.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Did you never do the Outbreak Perfected mission? ...

Posting in language:

• The Fallen character is from House of Light. There’s your context - these Fallen want to be close to the traveler. Makes sense they would help.

Posting in language:

• No.. thats not contextual. Thats coincidence.

Posting in language:

• If you knew the lore, you'd see it IS context. Mithrax befriended a Guardian, and in one of the missions in Destiny 2 we have a choice between killing a Hive Knight or a Fallen Captain. That Captain is Mithrax. Canonically, we kill the Knight and spare him. This leads to Mithrax reinforcing his belief that Guardians are not the true enemy. He forms the House of Light and recruits likeminded Eliksni that feel the Guardians are not the end-all be-all enemy. They were chosen by the traveler for a reason, and the Eliksni who still worship the Traveler would do well to support its chosen people. Mithrax even gave us the information necessary to find Outbreak Perfected, and helped prevent the House of Devils from reclaiming it. It isn't coincidence that a fallen captain wants to help us. They've been building this up ever since giving us the choice between killing that hive knight and Mithrax, years ago. THAT is context.

Posting in language:

• Obviously, I have played the game long enough to know the lore. I digress.

Posting in language:

• If that's the case then you have nothing to complain about and you're simply white knighting a minority of players that absolutely do not need or want your social justice warrior act.

Posting in language:

• You're brow bashing and using fallacies incorrectly. You bought up the lore. You assumed You lost your composer and resorted to juvenile vitriol .

Posting in language:

• I'm just calling out the fact that you knew the context and still called it coincidence when the lore proves it's not coincidence at all, meaning you could only be speaking for the people who don't know the lore. Which is ridiculous to do in its own right. Those who don't know the lore will either look into it and learn the context, ot don't care to begin with. So your entire argument is pointless AND wrong.

Posting in language:

• I think we both bring up good points.. Let's agree to disagree on the delivery. I see the points you're making, the're valid. I appreciate the conversation. Cheers, Guardian

Posting in language:

• You're missing the point. If you'd subdue your ego for a second and think about my statement . We ( at least Halo fans ) also knew the lore. We also wanted content and the ability to experience part of that context and get more involved in the 'universe' and storyline. This provided another game, experience and involvement level in the timeline. The community seems to want more content and storyline.. They however, reject the idea of story development and make statements like.. 'it's in the lore'.. As a storyteller, you should always assume your audience has no clue what you're talking about when bringing the past into the current time-line.. this helps avoid disconnect

Posting in language:

• You've clearly never played Dark Souls. The massive majority of the story of that game happens BEFORE your character is ever even born, and you learn it through reading the in-game lore bits. So forgive me if I'm not so bad at reading that I can't stand to take 5 minutes a day to read up on lore that happens outside of the game, or lore that gameplay alone can't teach. Destiny 2 is NOT Halo. You wouldn't look at CoD and say "Man, this sucks. At least with Jak X Combat Racing, you could cut loose and goof off.", you wouldn't look at Rocket League and say "this is awful, at least in Persona there's a STORY to follow.". Don't compare a game to anything other than itself, and don't assume that because you're too lazy to read up on the lore everyone else is too. The entire combined fanbases of Dark Souls 1, 2, 3, and Bloodborne survived learning lore by reading. You can too.

Posting in language:

• No, never played , Dark Souls.

Posting in language:

• Then I see why it's hard for you to understand the concept of seeking out the lore instead of having it forced down your throat.

Posting in language:

• Mithrax is the captain we can decide to save in the destiny 2 story mission on titan. If you kill the vex mithrax leaves you be and leaves. Then he’s in the outbreak perfected mission, then finally beyond light mithrax has formed the house of light and defectors of salvation are flown to him to ally with the light. If this isn’t context then I don’t know what is to you

Posting in language:

• obviously coincidentally

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon