JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
5/4/2021 2:21:07 PM

Once again, warlocks get shafted.

Star-Eater scales - Allows Hunters to feast upon orbs of power, charging their super more quickly and making it more potent. The Path of Burning Steps - Titan armour that converts eliminations into increased damage and makes them more difficult to lock down with stasis. Boots of the Assembler - Condenses a Warlock rifts’ healing or empowering energy into projectiles that seek out their allies and bless them with “noble” benefits. So, err, am I the only one seeing some discrepancies here?

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Lot of problems with that exotic. A Warlock has the potential to be a Warmage, and show what magic can actually do, instead we have to kiddy hold entire Fireteam hands because the Team needs A Healer. Be Your OWN, and let the Class that can use Magic, USE MAGIC. LET ME HAVE THE POWER to burn the world down again like I did in Destiny 1. A WARLOCK IS NOT SUPPORT. In a game about Light Vs Dark and PvP A WARLOCK is not Support, they SHOULD BE the DPS AD clearer with self Heals. That is magic. Idk how that keeps getting missed. Give me an exotic of pure DPS I'm tired of SUPPORTING other classes, when I play the Warlock to a Warmage.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

8 Replies
    • I have to disagree, only because I feel like the entire community is getting the shaft with this upcoming season. For those that are excited about it glad you’re happy. To me it still looks like the same boring shit over and over again. Oh look we’re getting VOG back without Venis as a destination 🙄. For the PC community or anybody else that has never run any of the D1 content this should be a great season with lots to do for you. Sadly for me I’m just tired of killing the same damn enemies for seven years. I have 0 excitement for the upcoming season.

Posting in language:

• The warlock tears are getting old honestly

Posting in language:

11 Replies
        I mean depends. If it only lets u buff one person and the buff last for only 5 seconds then yeah it's gonna be one of the worst exotics in the game. But if it can buff multiple people and the buff last for 10 to 15 seconds, I could see this becoming top tier

Posting in language:

• Edited by TheLastNerf: 5/7/2021 2:35:28 PM
        Hunter armor concepts seem to be getting reused and called new exotics. Omnioculus has almost the same functionality as Sixth Coyote, but it works in a different way, Star-eater sounds like Orpheus but for all supers. It won't recharge your super as fast, but to make up you get a small damage boost, probably 10-30%

Posting in language:

• I'm willing to give it a chance. Noble Rounds was an interesting concept but tied to a desperately poor weapon. Could make Well 'locks have a PvP role 👀

Posting in language:

• Warlocks for the past seven years: Let us be a real support class Bungie: Guves Warlocks an exotic to be a real support class Warlocks: NOOOO, YOU DIDNT MAKE MY SUPER OVERPOWERED ANYMORE, NOT LIKE THIS

Posting in language:

17 Replies
        • Ehrm, the idea of the boots actually sounds crazy af, if you are able to cast damage boosts to teammates without having them fixed to a spot and making them easy targets for grenades and explosives in general. Especially in PvP this might be a solid option. While we don't know how many "noble" projectiles are generated, the idea sounds fantastic.

Posting in language:

• Warlocks have needed a rift exotic for a while that changes how it functions a la bakris, icefall and this does that just fine

Posting in language:

4 Replies
          • Edited by Quietdeceiver: 5/5/2021 5:32:20 PM
            The warlock new exotic is a mobile rift which is insane synergy how did they get shafted?

Posting in language:

• Are you warlock main? If so you are terrible. Can't even see the potential.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • How in the hell are you not totally excited for these boots? Bruh, use rift to give any team mate 1-shot aggressive sniper body potential or 120 HC two tap potential without being married to a 3m space for 15 seconds. Assuming "noble benefits" means what it obviously means.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Ive said it before and ill keep saying it, Bungie doesnt have anyone that plays warlock seriously on the dev team. They dont know how to balance warlocks and they have no idea whats good for them. I will admit warlocks are a lot harder to come up with cool stuff for, hunters and titans its pretty simple imo. I get it your skeptical bc they work on the game they have to have some sense about each of the classes right? Well this isnt an exclusively Bungie problem but ill give Bungie examples. You ever notice when hunters or titans are OP it takes way longer for Bungie to make the change even tho the solution to the problem seems straight forward. For example OEM back in forsken and hunter stasis more recently. Well my theory is that while its broken some of the Devs that main that particular class intentionally slow down the fix bc they want to have fun with it for a while. I mean look at DMG constantly telling people to use LoW during those two IBs the gun ruined. Someone on the team was having fun so the fix was delayed the fix. Notice as well that as soon as warlocks have anything broken its fixed within a month with the biggest example for this being the record breaking fastest hot fix Destiny 2 has ever seen with warlock stasis getting a heavy swing from the nerf bat in a mere 6 days, an unheard of event from Bungie. Clearly no one on the team plays the class and was negatively impacted by warlock stasis so it was dealt with as swiftly as anything we've seen before.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • Edited by D2thaGMAN: 5/7/2021 12:55:35 AM
                  I sort of agree. While rift is sort of trash at base, this exotic makes it far less aggravating to use. On the other hand, the other classes got the far cooler and more usable exotics. I’m getting really tired of being the “team support” per se. All of the main Dps classes aside from Chaos Reach get sat on. They have the ad-clear set up for them, as long as Bungie can stop nerfing them for half a god dang second. I’ve put down my Warlock for the forseable future, the constant nerfs and lack of any top-tier interesting exotics make them boring to play. Warlocks have been the dedicated team healer for nearly 2 years now, and it’s boring to play a healer for that long. Just buff Nova Bomb as a damage tool. Fix Nova Warp, nerf middle and top tree solar, buff the Stormtrance. I just want to stop using the same 2 classes every frickin season.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Having a buff that can HEAL and INCREASE DAMAGE just on a rift cast is kinda broken. Unless the buff is garbage, then this exotic will be good

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • thats good tho

Posting in language:

• When the bungie hates warlock train goes so far that 3 sentences are used as evidence

Posting in language:

• Edited by Meep: 5/6/2021 10:38:09 AM
                      That sounds a pretty good exotic. Hunter got the invis support, titans had the wall that teammates can shoot through not long ago either. I think you might be jumping the gun by saying that warlocks got shafted. Personally, I hope it's a very good exotic Edit: This exotic is going to have crazy good synergy with Well of Radiance Warlock. Never have to worry about teammates not using rifts.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • LOL! -Bungie

Posting in language:

• If you had 2-6 of those projectiles that would be interesting. 2 projectiles: a heal and damage buff at the same time. Or even crazier 6 warlocks cast 6 projectiles.

Posting in language:

• I dont know we will have to wait and see but these boots sound awesome. Instant heals and empowering buff possibly a small overshield imagine running into a team in control and the other team can immediately start 2 tapping with 120 handcannons and 1 shot boding people with aggressive frame snipes. Need something to help burn adds in contest mode raids or high end nightfalls bam. We got to wait and see but this exotic sounds pretty good I just hope the user gets buffed as well.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • imo as long as these exotic boots lets the warlock who uses them also have roaming rifts then it will be a top tier pick no matter your playstyle if not it will still be top tier but you will have to play as a team more

Posting in language:

• Idk, the titans exotic seems much worse. Hunters seems like a nice multi subclass exotic they needed.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Swift: 5/5/2021 10:10:45 PM
                          Yeah, Warlocks got screwed. Unless the projectile is extremely fast and the benefits are potent enough, I don't see this exotic going anywhere in the hardcore endgame meta. It's a shame. Could've been a lot better, like allowing us to consume our rift so we can revive teammates from a distance in PvE only. Obviously this would have a VERY long cooldown and/or limited uses per strike.

Posting in language:

• I have to be honest, we warlocks have had some great armour recently and this new one maybe great. Necro grips are actually top tier and that one that gives extra super and then extra damage is great.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • Hunters get pigeon holed with their choice of exotics if we want to be effective/useful, we do not have board options for exotic armor choice that warlocks enjoy. second the last time we got a generalized exotic that does not require Y subclass was 6th coyote over a year ago.....

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon