JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
5/3/2021 10:56:11 PM

FiReTeAm JoiNiNg DiSaBLeD

Imagine this: You and your fireteam are running it down in a GM nightfall, but then you get a random disconnect and/or crash and restart the game. You log back on and guess what? the nightfall is ruined. Is it really THAT hard to just enable rejoining for the guy who got kicked on the character he started it on?

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I think they should implement a system that locks your gear and keeps it locked if you suddenly lose connection. Once the game loads up it should give the option for you to rejoin the activity (before the character selection). Clicking "yes" will lock your character and gear and send you back in. Hitting "no" will allow you to proceed as normal.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• If they do add it, you will have to earn rejoins through a 5-tiered bounty system, bounties that can only be purchased with SILVER. QOL is not something bungie is all that adept at.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
    • BTDT way too many times. It shouldn't be rocket science to let you rejoin the game you were just in after a d/c or crash. But Bungo's preoccupation with prohibiting join-in-progress for some things (GM's, Presage) seems to be all-consuming. And/or they don't have the expertise to figure out how to do this (though the code exists somewhere, because rejoin-after-crash is available for a normal strike). And remember, any fix that takes away a player advantage will happen virtually immediately; any fix that helps out players is in the cold-day-in-h*ll pile.

Posting in language:

• Is it really that hard to start over. This season is so easy, nothing compares to Glassway or even Scarlet Keep from last season , not to mention Corrupted, Savathun’s Song etc. from before that. Start over, you’ll get it in no time.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
      • My power decided to go out last night while in s gm at the boss with his hp almost gone. Was the big sad on that one😢

Posting in language:

• Edited by Gary: 5/4/2021 9:17:21 AM
        I'm assuming the game can tell if you left or got an error code. So if I got an error code and got dc'd, my load out should be locked when I log back on. I should be given the option to rejoin or cancel. Canceling to rejoin should unlock your gear. People backing out to change guns or get ammo shouldn't have a rejoin button. Not sure how easy this would be to implement. Edit: Sorry forgot to mention, this would specifically be for GM's only.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
        • Imagine Bungie making a disconnected player join back with same amount of ammo and loadout as when disconnection happened. They’d need to hire people from NASA. It’s not like those adds throw grenades like satellites in orbit! Meanwhile I run a Survival session on the Division. Switch console off, go eat, switch console back on, I’m asked if I want to rejoin the session I left, and bim I spawn in the same exact location with same loadout I was when I switched it off, even if all other players are long gone.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • You’d have trolls booting people and then inviting their friends to collect the loot.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
            • Gaming chair must have a tear in it

Posting in language:

The game senses that someone on your team was using or thinking about using a fusion rifle.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • [quote]Is it really THAT hard to just enable rejoining for the guy who got kicked on the character he started it on?[/quote]It's not hard at all, but let me tell you a little story about three guys named Crota, Trials, & D1 nightfalls....

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Annoying as -blam!- for everybody! It -blam!-s over all three people. If there is any positive to it, at least it doesn't give the -blam!- "leaving games early affects other players negatively" message it does in other modes/game types.

Posting in language:

• Rejoin should be possible simple as that. Argument like changing loadouts are obsolete since they could program the rejoin exactly as you left. Works in other games.

Posting in language:

• full ammo and different guns, that's why you can't rejoin.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                  • They can’t because it would circumvent why they added it in the first place. It would allow people to change load outs at will thus making GMs a complete joke. If they allow drops to rejoin people will just unplug their internet, change the load out then rejoin.

Posting in language:

• Not just nightfalls. Teams shouldn't have to restart any activity just cuz bungie has crap server connections. That's why joining disabled on pretty much any activity is BS.✌

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • And then that person changes their Load out.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                        I’m not one to sing DE’s praises, but

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        • Edited by NVMYGT: 5/4/2021 5:17:28 AM
                          So imagine having your controller going dead on you during a presage. Charge for 5 minutes... Turn controller back on, move around, ask team if they are ready to continue and poof! Booted for inactivity, fireteam joining disabled. Everyone back to orbit and start it again.

Posting in language:

• our first run of the proving grounds gm lasted 40 mins and we reached the boss part and my clan mate got disconnected. it feels so bad. would be nice to have a rejoin option (1 rejoin per person)

Posting in language:

• Same thing happened to us farming the Arms Dealer. 2nd GM run, we are all going up the Elevator to kill the boss, half way up, Bungle disconnects one of our players.

Posting in language:

• I agree, preferably there should be 1 rejoin allowed per run (not per player, that would allow possibly changing loadouts cheaply).

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • happened to my team 6 times now. pretty sick of it.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Sweet Lew 88: 5/4/2021 12:15:14 AM
                            Thats normal. That sucks that your game failed. It happens

Posting in language:

I also hate this.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon