A comprehensive list of changes [OPINION] [Part 1]
This is a comprehensive list of changes to be made to PVP from the eyes of self-proclaimed "competitive PVP" players, one a hunter main and one a warlock main (no titan because we are biased and wanted to finish this in one night instead of wait for a titan main to talk to) ... sorry crayon people, drop a comment or something.
also the hunter is the author (hi thats me) and I will be speaking using "I" on these issues but I promise they were discussed between 2 people.
[u] [b] THE LIST [/b] [/u]
[b] Stasis [/b]:
- [u] Completely remove the freeze effect from PVP [/u]: With the diversity in class design, primarily in the various movement types each class innately has, Destiny has always be a dynamic, fast paced shooter. That was until the introduction of stasis. With stasis in the game, a player who mechanically or spatially outplays an enemy, can still be severely punished and lose the fight. I refrained from using the word gunfight as stasis offers a get out of jail free card for players in sticky situations with the press of a button, with no counter-play other than playing slower, something which, like I mentioned earlier, is not something Destiny has ever done. Personally I don't believe this is fair, I understand how blunt this is going to sound, but the better player (or players) should win the gunfight.
- [u] Keep the slow effect [/u]: While in slow, players can still pull of incredible feats, a well aimed no scope, a well placed grenade, or multiple other mechanical inputs which allow a player to defend themselves. Sure slowing someone makes them an easier kill, but it does not completely stop the chances of a spectacular counter.
- [u] Reduce all roaming super armor [/u]: at least to the point where certain in game skill shots can handily take down ALL roaming supers, much like Destiny 1. Here's what I think: adaptive and aggressive frame snipers can headshot melee, precision and aggressive frame shotguns to shotty melee (assuming you land most/full spread), and precision frame and aggressive frame fusion rifles can land a full spread and melee to kill.
- [u] Heavy ammo only spawns once [/u]: and to keep it plain and simple, it spawns when the game is halfway done in regards to points. This would apply in every single game mode except mayhem, everyone should always have heavy in mayhem, its mayhem, cmon... just kidding, mayhem right now is just fine.
- [u] Trading in gunfights [/u]: I am no computer guru like some of you out there, but whatever causes people to trade in a dual when both people are using hitscan weapons needs to be tuned. Same for a melee dual, if I press the melee key before the other guy on the final blow, I should win and survive, there should be no trade. Like I said, I don't know what fixes this, if you know, please comment and tell me, I am genuinely interested in how that process would go in order to fix trading.
- [u] Allow for community play-testing before patches come out [/u]: What I am thinking of is a PTR of sorts, even if its just 1 map to keep file sizes down, but it would allow the community to voice their opinions before a full patch is released to the game. I believe it would cut down on the amount of angry guardians on these forums and twitter after a new patch rolls out.
- [u] Lighthouse for everyone after 1 win [/u]: I am stealing this idea from someone on twitter and if you know who proposed this PLEASE CREDIT THEM IN THE COMMENTS. Essentially, the requirements for the lighthouse is simply 1 win on a trials card, with the inclusion of adept weapons, I even believe that after 1 win players should receive base, non-powerful trials armor/weapons from the chest. It is only with a flawless passage which someone can receive adept/powerful loot from the chest.
- [u] A revised special ammo system [/u]: we had differing opinions on this one, one of us believed the special system now was fair, other than maybe making the max ammo you can get from a dropped brick being 2, but for the most part it would remain the same. The revised system would use ammo crates from Destiny 1 (yes I know I live in the past, can you blame me). This would make going for heavy after running out a task for some players and could cut down on the seemingly endless special that the game feels it has at times. I believe this would help reduce the amount of shotgun apes, snipers who don't leave spawn, and those damn grenade launcher users. Yes, you would still spawn with the normal amount you spawn with now. The boxes would be present immediately as the game starts and would be on individual timers for each player (cooldown unknown). As you grab a box, ALL BOXES around the map would go on cooldown. Regarding the amount of ammo you would get from the box and how it is affected by special ammo scavengers, everyone would receive the same amount of ammo (tuned for individual weapon types) and scavengers would be replaced by a new mod that would affect the cooldown timer on your boxes, (special ammo mod=lower box cooldown). Also, the boxes would not be physical objects, meaning your player model would not be able to stand on it, shoot it, etc. This is to ensure no players could stand on a seemingly invisible box (if your ammo was on cooldown). Jeez that was longer than I thought it would...
- [u]Hitbox rework [/u]: I believe each class should have a uniform hitbox and whether or not that is true now, I believe that is how it should be. The reason I am not sure about whether each class is uniform is because of how WACKO the hitboxes seem to be. Now, this issue may not be hitboxes, but I feel at times I am clicking on someone's chest and I get a headshot, not acceptable. I have also heard rumors of, because of the weapon targeting mods either hitboxes get bigger or bullets gain bullet magnetism, whatever it is, remove it. I don't think this game should have any mods which allow for a shot that misses the character model to ever connect with said character.
For now that is all, I am going to have this saved in a google doc and plan on adding to it if I think of more and roll out revised versions but for now this is a good start, just something to get the communities gears turning and to create dialogue. I would like to zero in on class specific changes soon but I am way to tired to think, sorry yall.
Oh ya one last thing...
pls bring back no land beyond
This post was entirely inspired by a post I saw a while back in these forums, I highly recommend everyone reads it and upvotes it if you rock wit it.