JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by TheGiantCheeZe: 9/15/2020 4:19:49 PM

The Destiny 2 Seasonal Content model is NOT working.

Bungie. If you want your game to feel more alive and welcoming, STOP. RELEASING. HALF. BAKED. CONTENT. EVERY. COUPLE. MONTHS... This also waters down the fall DLCs to a level where Beyond is looking at. One new strike and no crucible maps... FOR A 50 DOLLAR DLC? The reason why Destiny 2 doesn’t have a “soul” is because there aren’t any meaningful stories with cutscenes that make the game feel lively. This is a result of that idiotic seasonal model. In what should be a popular opinion, a huge DLC drop with a handful of updates throughout the year is far superior to this seasonal model bullshit. There is a whole month and a half to go. You guys better have some more information to release or this game’s playerbase is going to drop harder than my ex I accidentally pushed her off a cliff.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• As long as the fanboys and company shills keep pumping money into Bungie nothing will change. If they'd ever learn, Bungie would be forced to change or die as a company. I'm not getting this next season, why should I pay for something I can already play in D1?

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

3 Replies
    • Let this game die already . Keep your money so Bungie is either forced to make a D3 or sell the Franchise to someone who can . But nope the lemmings will buy glow and whatever other shiny thing Bungie throws in the Dummyverse because smudmuD love shiny things . 🙄

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • If it isnt obvious by now, especially with the rise of Eververse, Destiny is just a money machine now. That's all its designed to do, generate cash. In D1, the rewards were in the gameplay, now a lot of it is allocated to the cash shop. Like what, they made a quarter of a million dollars just off the solstice glows on the first day... I'm with ya, BL isnt looking like 50 bucks so far.

Posting in language:

11 Replies
        • Dude you can rage- complain or say whatever you want on this forum -reddit- twitter- write a letter idc what you do. You really think that there is one employee from bungie that gives a flying fock about your post?? They never did nor never will. this company is nothing more then a greedy joke. did you ever see them reply on a post like yours ??? Get a life man, they don't give a shit. oooh don't forget to buy the new ghost from eververse!!!!

Posting in language:

8 Replies
          • Depends what you mean by working. The model could be the most profitable the game has ever been, therefore it is working. If you don't like it then you have the choice 👍

Posting in language:

4 Replies
            • [quote]The reason why Destiny 2 doesn’t have a “soul” is because there aren’t any meaningful stories with cutscenes that make the game feel lively. This is a result of that idiotic seasonal model.[/quote] This is only a smidge of why this game feels lifeless. The talent that was creating this game either has left this company or was removed to go work on the new IP that left Bungie with nowhere near enough manpower to handle such a huge project. It took 4 years but even Bungie finally admitted that they can't handle this game so minimal effort is all that is going to be applied for a long time. IMO destiny should've been sold to Activision, because how I see it it doesn't matter how much or how many plead for this game to actually improve it's never going to happen. This is the best this company has to offer at this point and that is not saying much at all. That could change later down the line but who knows how long that will be. The lack of manpower, the director, and management is the main problem this game has.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
              • It's working pretty well actually. It's giving me time for other games I didnt have before.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                • D2 is no longer relevant in the gaming world...with the exception of a minute few that can’t break themselves away from the game. I get it, I was a genuine stooge for far too long. Then I finally realized that Bungie is just using D2 as an extremely low maintenance game model to soak up as much cash as possible while the studio puts 99.99% of their focus into an unannounced product for future release.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • Edited by RaineyDazed: 9/14/2020 11:06:28 PM
                    Bungie has said several times already that the current season model isn't working.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                    • This is the direction your Lead Director wanted this game to go. And it’s been Downhill since.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • Where are we hearing this "one new strike and no crucible maps" rumor from?

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                        • Edited by ae_oakly: 9/15/2020 2:54:44 PM
                          I didn't run out of anything to do in D1 until they stopped making content for the game. Now there's so much shit in D2 I can't keep up anymore. So much stuff I can never earn. Oh well.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                          • D1 complainers hated content droughts so here we are after fortnite popularized the season pass model. I played d1 a lot and enjoyed it and may have enjoyed d2 more if I didn’t find that most things that I find important were axed from d2 and replaced with what I would consider a big open world filled with things to do for no reason. What I find sad is that beyond light is pretty much scrapped d3 which means d2 never really fixed itself in the whole lifecycle in things that they removed when designing d2 despite having in d1. D2 also tried to constantly re-invent itself while never quite succeeding. I’m fully expecting that due to reasons you stated that the 2021 and 2022 expansions will both be not too unlike Shadowkeep in that they suck and are empty shells. I skipped d2 for close to 2 years after forsaken and didn’t even come back to 2 years of content because the seasonal FOMO design made them waste their limited resources on frequent limited time content. We had planetary venders selling d2y1 guns for 3 years but they can’t leave seasonal guns and quests in the game for even a year? For first time in my time with destiny franchise I don’t even feel motivated to get my main character to max power since it’s just a pointless grind that gives nothing and adding a fancy shader or cosmetic won’t make that process any less stupid. Bungie has a major identity crisis for this game that hopefully will be corrected going forward because the seasonal model and some other design choices with d2 do nothing to make me want to play it, but I guess it would be fairly effective on people who want to play an mmo without the same style of grind.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                            • The worst thing is the seasonal model is probably actually very sucessful for Bungie in terms of revenue. They get to charge for content every three months and also refresh all their in game MTX and real life merchandising at the same time. This is why I feel the DCV is a thing. They're going to use that to try to supplement the seasonal model. This season feels a little content light? Fine, take a strike from D1, re-skin it and pop it into that season too. Hey players, we have 'new content' for you this season. I don't think they paticularly care that player engagement is suffering. Player stats look decent with a steady influx of new players due to the F2P aspect and if they are making money to fund the other projects they are working on, then it's a 'win' for them.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                              • Taking these forums at face value and you’d think people were both never satisfied yet unwilling to walk away. I wouldn’t say the model isn’t working. It’s not perfect, but they’ve done more right this year than last year with the seasonal model. Menagerie was the sole highlight last year. While none of the seasonal activities for grinding loot has reached the creative highs as Menagerie, we’ve had a couple “ok” Activities. Farming for loot has been much better overall this year compared to last, and I rather like having a bit of a story arc each season that links the previous and next seasons story arcs together. It’s a lot closer to feeling like there is a living, persistent narrative unfolding compared to some previous years that had months of worth of content drought. And last year had a bit of lore, but no story after you finished Forsaken (in the same month it released). From what Bungie has said it sounds like they’re still trying to improve seasons. Doing away with FOMO where you could miss out on story just because you didn’t play that month or season. That’s good. And it sounds like they want to further improve how they tell the story each season. Some people act like Bungie is lazy, but the lazy thing to do would be for the game to feel exactly as it did in year 1 of D2. This game and Bungie’s approach has been evolving each year. And they do listen to the community as many changes they’ve implemented have been driven by feedback. People loved the way you could farm for specific loot in Menagerie, so Bungie made sure each season has a way you could farm for specific loot to make it easier to find your “god roll”.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                • It would work just fine if they stopped re-inventing the same crappy wheel every year. They need to build a solid loot and progression system, then shift focus to content so that a season actually felt like a season.

Posting in language:

• Bungie suffers from the failure of success. They did so well with Halo and D1, that they now believe, they can do whatever they want and people will stay. Of course, the fools that constantly buy silver, aren't helping things.

Posting in language:

• Only the people that eat the game up like junk food have a problem. This game should only add to your life, not be your life.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                                  • I’d rather have one really awesome week than 6 cool moments every 3 months

Posting in language:

• Agree I prefer playing a week than playing one hour and coming back after a month for doing a quest its stupid

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                    • It wasnt working ages ago, when I made nearly the exact same post. So yes, I agree. It is [b]trash[/b].

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                      • the DLC model is the equivalent of Smelling a Burnt Scrambled egg Fart!!, a really potent and strong smelly one!!

Posting in language:

• Unfortunately, I don’t think the seasonal model is Gonna go away. Especially at the moment, Covid has triggered a large amount of new and casual gamers to materialise, and that is what is gonna generate bungie a ton of cash. And they know it. Seasonal model is around for at least another year. Bungie has no use for long term players at present. Sad times indeed.

Posting in language:

• I have a feeling they said they were changing the seasonal model during the beyond light reveal stream

Posting in language:

• Edited by Corrick II: 9/14/2020 11:05:49 PM
                                        The few big DLC releases certainly seemed to work before. Not sure why they thought more frequent, less quality content was “better” but here we are. Just look at Forsaken, it’s probably the only universally celebrated release in D2 and it followed the old formula more than the other content drops. They picked a lane and sadly it was the slow one. Maybe after Beyond Light we’ll see things change. Again.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                                        • So...what you're saying is... [spoiler]Add more currencies [/spoiler]

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                          You are not allowed to view this content.
                                          ;
                                          preload icon
                                          preload icon
                                          preload icon