JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Forums

originally posted in: Competitive Matchmaking
8/27/2020 6:14:04 AM
No problem. It’s SKILL BASED those people at that rank are supposedly at your skill. I have 0.7kd friends who are in legend and suck so he rank is irrelevant and not factored so it’s not about getting good enough to get those ranks it’s just being able to win your SBMM games
English

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• I agree with what you're saying. This playlist is matchmade in terms of skill, and that was reflected in my 4-5 match history at the end of my session. I lost some matches but I still won around half of them, so things seem balanced in that regard. Obviously if I want to climb in rank I need to keep a positive W/L ratio, but even then it feels like I'm being put in a worse position for this climb. I'm matching against Legend rank people, and if we both win and lose an equal amount of matches, then we're both still going to relatively stay at the ranks we're at. So the question is, if I'm playing at the same level, winning and losing the same amount of matches that they are, why not tune the system so that I would also have their rank? It is a ranked system after all, and a player's rank should represent their skill. It doesn't make sense that glory points have such an importance for quests and bounties when they don't seem to matter at all when it comes to your matchmaking. What is the integrity of a ranked playlist if people can have a drastically higher rank yet the same skill level as others? It just doesn't feel satisfying to play in a playlist where you either win against other people who have a higher rank than you, making you feel cheated because you don't have their rank, or you lose against other people with a higher rank than you, because they're just better players that have earned such a high rank. I acknowledge that all of this is just a whole lot of venting, but it's a topic that I feel needs to be discussed to better the game.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• The glory Losses are much higher and the gains much lower at 5500 than at 600, At 600 you don’t even need a positive W/L to advance

Posting in language:

• The thing is glory rank means nothing anymore because of it being sbmm. Just because they have a high glory has no relation to skill only time played. You can’t have SBMM based matches and have rank reflect skill it doesn’t work that way. They want all ranks to be accessible to all players for some reason. Glory points don’t mean anything about your skill or matter for anything but quests and very specific drops it doesn’t effect matchmaking you are right on that. It’s all about time played and dedication now

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
;
preload icon
preload icon
preload icon