JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Palpatine: 8/8/2020 4:45:19 AM

Stop. Putting. Us. In. Mercied. Matches.

Title says it all. Fix the algorithm so it stops putting people in finished games. Kinda bad matchmaking on your part. Damn this blew up quick. Glad to see some people want to play the game instead of loading into a game that's already done.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• My last IB game: spawn in the middle of a gun fight, die, enter a gun fight, die, "I'm calling it."

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• So when someone leaves a game you don't want that space filled?

Posting in language:

3 Replies
    • Stop joining those matches then. Duh.

Posting in language:

• Edited by TheCultCrow007: 8/9/2020 6:45:17 AM
      They need to timeout players for increasing time spans that quit often

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        There's been so many topics about mercy lately that I've seen enough. I'm calling this one.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • More tokens for me

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Edited by Sweet Lew 88: 8/9/2020 7:13:42 AM
            I don't mind it. Doesn't hurt win streaks. Bungie tries to fill in games, missing players. If you solo, there's a good chance you could fill in one of these games. Play in a team if it really matters to you that much. It's fun to turn the game around and win.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
            • Free tokens. Free weapons. Free bounty progress in certain cases. Apparently that's bad.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • Imagine crying about free match completions for bounties.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                • In too many games people quit after going down for a few points. If there were no replacements the rest that would remain would have no chance to fight back and the games would end with everybody quitting. I never quit and it helps me to improve. If I loose, so what, loosing is part of playing a game. Managing to turn a game sometimes, feels so rewarding. Looking at this from another angle: If you are winning, others are loosing, was that ever something for you to complain about? Do want to enjoy the game, or do you want the game to end after the opponents quit one after another?

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                  • Seriously- Bungie clearly don’t care about their pvp anymore - the number of mercies alone with cbmm is almost laughable- 4 of my last 5 games were mercies - why bother making it a game at all if every public even is just to stomp on new players...

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                    • Played against a PvP clan six-stack yesterday (we were all randoms, and one player left immediately) We hit the first lockout within 60 seconds and by 90 it was 45-7 against and it got called... at which point a player dropped in in front of me just in time to see the banner and the scoreboard appear. That doesn't even qualify as 'matchmaking'....

Posting in language:

• They should also make 6 stacks only fight other 6 stacks. Since they enjoy a challenge instead of pub-stomping solo's

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                      • I like all these replies saying "it's free rewards and quest progress, who cares" and I just have to say... why are you playing the game to not play it? If all you care about is the shiny, but you're not playing anything to use the shiny, then what's the point of getting it? Hell, to go a step further, if all you want to do is show off that you got the shiny, doesn't it lose any meaning when you were just given it for (functionally) free? I seem to remember "Bought Forgotten" was a derogatory phrase around here at one point. This is the real problem, in my eyes. Too many people just want to get the reward, get out, and interact with a system as little as possible to do it. No one seems interested in playing games to see content, enjoy themselves, or even play them anymore. It's no wonder microtransaction-laden mobile games are overtaking every gaming market for profit returns. The number of people that just want the reward for zero effort far outweigh those who value the effort and want to be challenged. For people who want to actually play the game they paid for, getting dropped into hilariously lopsided matches shouldn't happen. I don't even like it when I end up filling a (surprising) slot on the team that's stomping. It's still 8 seconds of me getting to maybe shoot one person before the game ends. That's not fun, and if you only play for rewards instead of the gameplay I have to wonder what it is you actually find fun about any game.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                        • Spawned into a match a while back only to be met with a super in my face. Revived into another super. Revived into a tether and was shredded. Mercy as I revived the final time. Had to laugh about it.

Posting in language:

• Iron banner = mercy or be mercy. It's sad buts it's really true. Mercy tends to go to the most aggressive teams. I also notice the smaller the map the bigger the stack the faster the mercy. If anything I think iron banner should be solo with low super Regen like launch D2 maybe one super in a match force people to rely on their gun skill seeing how it's technically a "pinnicale" PvP mode. Also why the f*** are the iron banner weapons so bad?! No meta archtypes except the auto. No good hand cannon pulse is eh these days. I miss rise of irons iron banner weapons looked fantastic and we're absolutely meta weapons with great perk pools that iron banner was worth grinding now I just play to try and round out my enhanced perks

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • See the thing is... sometimes when I queue I spawn basically to a 1.5-2x score early on in a game ...ergo 26-62 or 35-65(enemy team has the 1.5-2x or more score)...I actually make a difference and make the game playable and match playable again...so if you were good enough, a lot of them would be much closer. We end up losing most of the time, but I at least try to help the lobby. Every so often I do carry a team from behind to victory. And I'm not that good...just experienced and willing to learn and adapt. (Also my aim and reflexes aren't nothing to scoff at either, again, just experienced).

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                            • Edited by Swift: 8/7/2020 4:31:05 AM
                              How are teams going to turn a bad situation around if the game gives up on trying to fill the gaps? Even if you're close to losing, it's still possible to pull a win out. Those are the best kinds of victories. I will agree that players put into in-progress matches should spawn with some super energy to compensate.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                              • My preference would be that if you lose a match, then your next match [i]can't [/i]be a join-in-progress. That would keep you from getting of those runs where you lose, then get put into a losing match just as it ends, over and over, but would still allow matches that are short on people to get the teams filled in.

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                                • Joined a match and as I am still flying in I hear Shaxx saying the match is over. The score was 150 to 34. Still no idea how it wasn’t a mercy.

Posting in language:

• Nope. This is nice. I can get my 4 match completions done without actually having to play crucible.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                                  • Just lose the match and load into another losing match...

Posting in language:

• Idky but this ib has been especially bad

Posting in language:

• Edited by zombdestroyer: 8/8/2020 5:35:50 AM
                                    Lol a couple days ago I was put in a game that was literally on the game over/scoreboard screen by the time I loaded in First time that’s happened to me, burst out laughing when it did

Posting in language:

• why? if it's a mercied match then you get tokens faster. sure it's only i think it's two? but hey you get the matches done faster. it's really only a pain in the ass if you're doing the bounties for the pinnacles.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                    • Bungie doesn't care what you feel, it's soooooo obvious. You already gave them your money, rip you.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                      You are not allowed to view this content.
                                      ;
                                      preload icon
                                      preload icon
                                      preload icon