JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by DD2594: 8/7/2020 1:54:59 AM
DD2594

Forcing players to play Trials....? Jeez...

I’m a console player, and from what I’ve heard, Trials of Osiris on PC is very cancerous (cheaters on a toxic level), I don’t have a problem with that step of winning 7 matches ( or sweat my soul trying ) but if players don’t want to play Trials, shouldn’t this be a fun game that people can enjoy instead of being forced to do stuff? what about “win Survival matches” it’s sweaty but not that intense. But meh.... it’s bungie we’re talking about after all.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• To all you people saying "you're not being forced into doing anything" you're right, and for the most part people will do activities they don't really enjoy, but.... Firstly if you want the armour you have to do it, but this has always been the case for any item where there's steps/quest line, the issue is not that you have to do Trials, but the fact Trials is a shit show, on console less so but we all know how bad cheating is on PC and how pathetic Bungies response to it has been, this isn't open to debate, the last few months of Trials are all the evidence you need. If Bungie are so desperate to inflate the numbers participating in Trials why don't they just go all in and partner Perfect Aim, no one is doing more to get people to play Trials then Perfect Aim, I think we can all agree on that?

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• To be honest levelling up isn’t content and this event is what it’s basically for.

Posting in language:

• This is something to be said. There is still a considerable portion of the community that still can't get a single win in trials. Plus in this case there's more to it than just getting better at PvP, as that's not something the majority can do (for the level necessary in trials) in a short amount of time, much less the amount of time an event lasts. Just finding the squad willing to take the task of carrying someone is few and far between.... at least from what I've seen. For perspective, I'd say I'm average, maybe decent at best at PvP and don't think I'm good enough to do that unless I have a god tier teammate.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
    • Its not forced. Its a quest nothing is forcing you to play trials.

Posting in language:

• Nothing is being forced you can choose not to do it

Posting in language:

• It’s not “forced” if you don’t like the activity don’t do it.

Posting in language:

63 Replies
      • It would be great to have options just like the Means to an End quest. However, no one is forcing you to do anything.

Posting in language:

• You’re not being forced to do anything.

Posting in language:

• You aren’t forced to play trials. Seriously who cares man, it’s one armor set per class that doesn’t look that good anyway. If you don’t want to play trials you can live without the ornaments it’s not going to kill you. If you’re desperate for some mediocre ornaments, go make some friends to play with.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • "forcing" 🤣🤣

Posting in language:

• It is part of the game. That is like saying, I like to shoot the ball but I don't like dribbling, please change the rules for Basketball.

Posting in language:

8 Replies
          • Solstice armour can go straight in the bin as far as I'm concerned (just like the last set that I wasted my life grinding for), I'm not venturing in to trials for anything. The armour doesn't have any game changing properties and won't have any exclusive perks, it just glows and that's of no benefit to anyone. I like the EAZ as far as the event goes so I'll participate but I could not care less about the armour, taking part in trials or wasting my bright dust, much less the madness of paying real money on glowy ornaments.

Posting in language:

• I’m not much of a pvp player as I used to be in d1. And I do like the face that they’re making us do more activities in the game than just raids. Strikes. Etc. but I am afraid of running into sweats trying to go flawless which I don’t have a problem with but it’s the objective of trying to win 7 matches and running into sweats and constantly losing. But if it’s only doing 7 matches no matter the loss or win then that’s fine w me.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • Edited by collusion: 8/7/2020 10:34:30 PM
              1.) you are on console. you dont know what cheating is. 2. its 7 easy wins it doesn't have to be in a row. If I had to spend all day doing raids for moments of triumps you best believe you can win 7 trials matches. its doable.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
              • Maybe the word is incentivizing (not forcing). Looks like Bungie *really* wants a larger player pool for their endgame pvp. Guess they’ll keep trying. I mainly avoid it since I’m seriously bad but admit pvp is a world of difference from shooting really stupid AI bots in pve. Now, Last of Us pvp game had some seriously gruesome animations & people gloat over your dead body. Scary.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • Forced this, forced that, forced here and forced there You don't have to do anything. I have plenty of quests sitting in my inventory that require me to grind mindless PvE... but if I dont want to do it, I'm not going to until I feel like doing it. Point is - you're not forced to play Trials for some cosmetic armor set that isn't all that game changing or for some title that is meaningless. You're not even asked for an impossible feat - 7 wins that can be farmed at the very beginning of a card (where you will generally face bad players).

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                  • Definitely wont be completing this years solstice armour, i have 0 interest in trials.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                    • Instead of having a defeated mindset of being forced to participate in trials ask for help/ tips to improve, join a clan that will work and help you improve and don’t shy away from a challenge just because you’re terrible at it now. Learning map knowledge and engagement strategies based on what your opponents are using isn’t easy if you’re starting out but like everything the more you practice the better you’ll get. And you don’t need to get a flawless clear either you can just farm games 1-3 on repeat until you get the wins required for the triumph. I hope this helped 👍🏾

Posting in language:

• I mean, you can jump into it next weekend when all the bad players are trying to play and get your seven wins much more easily but just constantly resetting the card.

Posting in language:

• What I find hilarious are all of the people who actually think [quote]"nobody is forcing you to do anything"[/quote] and [quote]"then don't play it"[/quote] are legitimate counter-arguments. Almost as hilarious as the "git gud" trolls.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                      • It’s in the title, but I will repeat this as many times as I need to to anyone As of right now unless they change it you can skip 2 triumphs to get the seal, currently there’s 30 and you need guess what? 28! So you don’t need to do trials.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                        • None of this stuff matters man. I'll tell you right now how to keep playing Destiny and actually make it fun. Step 1 quit caring. Step 2 delete all of your fake friends. Step 3 just play when you have spare time and stop caring what you get.

Posting in language:

• That's if you want the White Glow.

Posting in language:

• Same can be said for raids too. Imo every activity should award point that can be spent on any armor/content for SoH, just make the pinnacle content award more points People who choose not to raid or do trials should not be locked out of event gear (raid and trials specific gear yes if you want the gear the content needs to be done)

Posting in language:

36 Replies
                          • What happened to "play your way" that bungie kept marketing?

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                            • [quote]I’m a console player, and from what I’ve heard, Trials of Osiris on PC is very cancerous (cheaters on a toxic level), I don’t have a problem with that step of winning 7 matches ( or sweat my soul trying ) but if players don’t want to play Trials, shouldn’t this be a fun game that people can enjoy instead of being forced to do stuff? what about “win Survival matches” it’s sweaty but not that intense. But meh.... it’s bungie we’re talking about after all.[/quote] Do what majority is doing and waiting for Outriders. Maybe then bungies developers autism will change.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                            ;
                            preload icon
                            preload icon
                            preload icon