JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by Nasirum: 8/6/2020 11:59:32 PM

What happened to making it right re: Last year's Solstice armor and glows?

Weren't you going to rectify the fact that these became irrelevant within months? Instead, you gave us a new quest to unlock the "ability" to purchase the new armor as ornaments for dust or silver? This is pretty weak, Bungie. EDIT: Cozmo23 has confirmed on Reddit that last year's armor and glows are done and dusted. Nothing will change with it. "We concentrated on improving the armor and ornament experience for current and future Solstice of Heroes events, but we have no plans to return to make changes to the old armor at this time." https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/i4x4u1/this_week_at_bungie_80620/g0mby29/
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Fool me once, shame on me Fool me twice shame on you Fool me a third time...not going to happen

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Last year I was dumb enough to do the solstice grind and buy all the glows with bright dust. Not gonna fall for that again.

Posting in language:

• Edited by TL-DR: 8/7/2020 7:14:48 PM
    Of course they don’t give a shit. Last years glows were already paid for. They screwed a LOT of us over on that one (among many others). If they wanted to make it right, they’d take the glows people paid for last year and have them already available on this years armor. Think they’ll do it?

Posting in language:

1 Reply
    • Bungo got your cash, so they dgaf! Just another lie to add to the huge list.

Posting in language:

• Edited by Trafalgar_Lou: 8/7/2020 9:28:31 AM
      Wait are you saying bungie didn’t stay true to their word? I can’t believe it. For real though who actually believes this company still cares? If you do please Enlighten me

Posting in language:

• They got your money, they don't give a shit. This fanbase deserves to get scammed and robbed every step of the way.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
      • I do not understand why folks chase certain things in the game. I enjoy the game i truly do all of it but some of the requirements for this solstace stuff is absurd. Same with heir apparrent lmg. I skipped both.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
        • There is actually a patch coming to address that specific issue with Solstice items. Patch will be available at Eververse for 5000 Silver.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
          • This company just keeps finding new ways to dissapoint people..

Posting in language:

• I vowed after grinding for last year's solstice armour and making it master worked, then after about a month it being useless I wouldn't waste anymore time doing it again. Got no intentions enjoy grinding grinders you have been here before lol..

Posting in language:

1 Reply
            • It's been the same literally every solstice event. Grind your ass off for an armor set that has glows (something D1 had in absundance) and then the set becomes irrelevant a few weeks later and Bungie ignore any upset about it. Every time. By this point you gotta start thinking we're the problem because we fall for it every time. I'm undecided so far on this event. I'm expectring it to be very much a re-skin of last year and EV to be full of new gear while the only gear you can earn takes a ridiculous amount of grind and if that's the case, I'll be giving it a hard pass.

Posting in language:

• How will they make you play and pay for this one if they let us have the last one? Lol -.-

Posting in language:

• Last time, they had Activision holding them accountable. This year, no Activision so nothing they promised is happening

Posting in language:

• Edited by Eververse: 8/7/2020 8:04:23 PM
              [i]Eververse persona aside[/i]. Seriously. I paid for glows twice now, and all of that sexy loot is useless as shit now. Sick of this bs. Edit: [spoiler]With all these bad stupid ass backwards decisions stacking up, bungie is really killing their chances of beyond light being successful. Delaying the dlc (Whether or not Cov19 was a thing they would have delayed anyway, the did with SK and I hear it still sucked), sunsetting, removing content they should have updated, pvp is a hot mess, etc. You’re adding new abilities and the ones we have aren’t even balanced aka some are super weak. Removing weapons to later just bring them back. The fact that transmogrification for silver dust is even discussed is disgusting. Who ever is making these calls needs a lesser position at bungie. Not to mention you’re choosing the absolute worst time to drop the dlc. Cyberpunk? AC Val? [/spoiler] Edit: [spoiler]and if the next raid is VoG and the loot is the same or sold as ornaments? Last straw that broke the camels back followed by the final nail in the the coffin. You clowns better have some absolute epic news coming soon. Or you’re done.[/spoiler]

Posting in language:

3 Replies
              • Edited by Vegeta4101: 8/7/2020 5:10:48 PM
                All I can think about with this is the scene from space balls "Fooled You!" lol

Posting in language:

• The glows look awful!! It's like someone attached crate paper to various points! Looks like a cheap cos play in a weird sort of way. There are natural glows on other sets which look cool, but the best ever was the d1 nightfall aura... if they could do glows with that aesthetic; that would be cool!!

Posting in language:

• What a load of Bollacks!

Posting in language:

• Traaaaaaaaaansmoooooooog

Posting in language:

35 Replies
                • It’s a terrible look. If I hadn’t quit playing months ago, I’d probably be really irate with this news. But now this just reinforces my disappointment. Each TWAB since I stopped playing has done nothing to spark my interest in coming back. They only seem to push me further away.

Posting in language:

• Defund Destiny... Abolish Bungie.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Edited by Memekage: 8/7/2020 11:32:42 AM
                    Eh. In my opinion, this new armor looks cooler anyways. It's a bummer that last year's armor won't be coming back. But it's whatever, I'd much rather use this new set anyways. Depending on how transmog works we might be able to get these bois later down the line. Let's hope so lol.

Posting in language:

14 Replies
                    • Fate of all fools

Posting in language:

• Yup!

Posting in language:

• From a company standpoint, I understand why they aren't throwing the effort into it. Obviously it was easy it would've been done by now. But they likely ran into some sort of problem with it and weighed their options. 1. Don't fix it and release new armor (that looks better tbh) that is fixed. No extra time investment in fixing it, but there will likely be a couple of people whining on the forums. This has never really bothered them before unless it's a massive complaint. Player numbers and purchases really aren't gonna drop from this. 2. Fix it and also release new armor. Lose useful developers during what is likely an insane crunch period for them. But in turn, receive some people on a forum saying "Thanks Bungo.". Oh who am I kidding, that wouldn't even happen. Likely have only a small percentage of the population where the old solstice armor, as most will wear the new set. No extra profit, small amount of people affected. Don't get me wrong. It should've been fixed from the start. And I still think it should be fixed. But it's highly unlikely they are ever going to do it. It's just like being able to change the way your character looks. People have been asking for that for 6 years. But from a company standpoint, it's never been worth assigning devs to. To be completely clear. I'm not saying Bungie is excused. Or that this is right from a moral standpoint. But from a company standpoint, this is the correct choice. Yes, there are people in Bungie who are passionate and want to create good games. But they are managed by people who care about [b]money[/b] and only [b]money[/b]. Don't expect this to ever be fixed.

Posting in language:

• They're making it right by not giving them back to us with good stats and making us do a harder grind for new ones with more expensive glows! How come people still think Bungie will ever do right by the community?

Posting in language:

• I’m so glad I deleted this trash!

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                    ;
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon