JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
6/30/2020 1:50:39 PM

The Bungie Tax...

You buy the game. You spend time playing and jumping through hoops for gear. You spend more time jumping through more hoops to upgrade that gear. At any given time, Bungie has stepped in, and decided to "tax" whatever it is you were working towards. You want the same OP gear that a few other people have? Nope. Bungie decided to tax it after the fact, making your time and effort less valuable. Better get the next piece of gear faster so you can use it at it's "best". That was how pinnacles worked. Be one of the first, or come to find out that the thing you have spent weeks working on is no longer what you were going after. Now they are doing that for ALL of your gear. You like that loadout? Too bad, even though we aren't really adding anything new, we want you to use something else. So rather than us(Bungie) change, we are going to use the players to refresh the game. And better still, we are just going to remove the loot incentive altogether. Surely getting stomped to death by random bosses will be enough to keep people coming back. You liked Menagerie? Or how the loot hunt worked in Dawn? Sorry bro, that was part of our ongoing beta test. Where we add things to the game that are the exact opposite of our intended plans. Personally? I am going for my season pass. It was the last thing I paid for. So I try to max it out every season. The rest? I have 12 umbral engrams and no real desire to turn them in. They are nothing more than leveling items for me right now. None of the gear is compelling beyond the Gnawing Hunger, which I hadn't gotten a good drop of previously. But that will get vaulted as soon as anything else drops, since there is no point in upgrading it. Yeah... Oh well, I guess there is always solitaire. First time since I started playing Destiny that I won't be pre-ordering. Whether or not I play is now 100% dependent on whether or not my team(who are way more casual than me) keeps playing.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• You’ve come to the realization that going forward with this franchise means not being invested to anything. Everything is disposable and has a shelf life. Use and abuse then discard.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

2 Replies
    • If friends will ask me: "Describe the game called Destiny?" Me: "It feels like Tom Cruise is behind the steering wheel when they made this game. The enemies feels like you're fighting a Mimic horde and we've killed an Alpha Mimic 6 years ago. Now we are resetting the week over and over trying to do the same stuff over and over while expecting a different result. Game could have been called - "Destiny at the Edge of Tomorrow!" Friends: "So why do they call it Destiny? . . ." Me: "I don't know . . . . . . because it doesn't have one?"

Posting in language:

• I didn't read all of your post, but I get the general idea of where you are coming from. The thing about everything going on, since forsaken when they decided to change cores on what they were created for from masterwork cores to enhancement cores? That is when this game took a turn for the worst and it hasn't gotten any better since. One of the things I really don't like that this company does is constantly changing things. So when the director said they "created a foundation" that was an actual lie. This game is all over the place that new lights don't have a damn clue on what the hell this game is or where it's going because there is no beginning. They can never stick with a plan and work from there to improve things as most would think all the time they have had they would. IMO I believe they change things all the time because of a few reasons, not that they are good reason, but this is what they have been doing since this game released. 1. The main reason is to try to cover up their mistakes and hope most will forget about the mistakes they have made. 2. It's easy to take the easy way out as they have done many times over the years. 3. Some of them really don't know what they're actually doing like the director. 4. They constantly change things because they're always looking for ways that benefit them, not the player base. 5. Catering to streamers, that is a huge mistake. 6. When good changes take place that work for the game as forsaken did, they someone how think they "need to fix things", that that has been a huge issue with this company going on 6 years now. 7. They think they know what's best for the player base and by way over controlling how we play the game is an incentive. That one I will always be lost on that it would cause brain damage trying to figure that one out. 8. They think rebooting, starting over all the time is a fresh start but they end up right back to where they left off, basically going nowhere. I could list a few more things, but with that way of thinking, how can anyone expect things to actually improve with this company let alone the game when they removed the people out of this game that were trying to do good with it?

Posting in language:

7 Replies
      • Bungie doesn’t pay taxes because they run one of those charity for emblem BS every week. Charity means no taxes.

Posting in language:

• I've said it once, and I will say it again... Regardless, this coming September is "D3" if you will. If it was a new game, all your stuff would be gone, reset, and back to level 0 and refarm everything all over. (Ie, D1 to D2). Instead, they put sunset in place of that. You keep your stuff, your ranks, your time. You got what you paid for, and even able to use your armor to play dress up. Exotics as we know are going nowhere, armor isn't either (asthetically, as in poly). God forbid you have to get that perfectly tuned armor set again. Play the game? Nonsense... I for one am thankful that finally some abused weapon loadouts are going goodbye. But wait, what's that Shaxx? They can still be used in Crucible? *gasp* So they aren't deleting them from the game like they very well could have? Well crap, it's like they are still going to be useful in places... Tldr: would have happened regardless, crybabies need to suck it up, stuff isn't being perma deleted so it can still be played with.

Posting in language:

31 Replies
        • Edited by gonza69: 7/1/2020 6:10:24 PM
          "First time since I started playing Destiny that I won't be pre-ordering". Same. I do like Destiny 1-2, but refuse to play "Luke Smith Edition".

Posting in language:

• Funny this is the exact reason I've been putting off getting Jotunn because I know the second I grab it its going to get nerfed, happened with every other fun/good weapon I've gotten thus far. Bungie doesn't care about the majority of players if at all anymore shown to us at this point. A lot of the playerbase isn't going to survive sunsetting, bet.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
          • Every loot based game does this. Sounds like you have a problem with the genre of game.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
            • Taxation without representation?

Posting in language:

4 Replies
              • Sounds like UK government 😂

Posting in language:

• Too much ztuff behind paywall

Posting in language:

• So you already know that Beyond Light won't bring any new weapons. Damn.

Posting in language:

• Starting to think pinnacles were brought in to just retain the player base...now it’s about stretching this game out as long as possible...

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • [quote]You buy the game. You spend time playing and jumping through hoops for gear. You spend more time jumping through more hoops to upgrade that gear. At any given time, Bungie has stepped in, and decided to "tax" whatever it is you were working towards. You want the same OP gear that a few other people have? Nope. Bungie decided to tax it after the fact, making your time and effort less valuable. Better get the next piece of gear faster so you can use it at it's "best". That was how pinnacles worked. Be one of the first, or come to find out that the thing you have spent weeks working on is no longer what you were going after. Now they are doing that for ALL of your gear. You like that loadout? Too bad, even though we aren't really adding anything new, we want you to use something else. So rather than us(Bungie) change, we are going to use the players to refresh the game. And better still, we are just going to remove the loot incentive altogether. Surely getting stomped to death by random bosses will be enough to keep people coming back. You liked Menagerie? Or how the loot hunt worked in Dawn? Sorry bro, that was part of our ongoing beta test. Where we add things to the game that are the exact opposite of our intended plans. Personally? I am going for my season pass. It was the last thing I paid for. So I try to max it out every season. The rest? I have 12 umbral engrams and no real desire to turn them in. They are nothing more than leveling items for me right now. None of the gear is compelling beyond the Gnawing Hunger, which I hadn't gotten a good drop of previously. But that will get vaulted as soon as anything else drops, since there is no point in upgrading it. Yeah... Oh well, I guess there is always solitaire. First time since I started playing Destiny that I won't be pre-ordering. Whether or not I play is now 100% dependent on whether or not my team(who are way more casual than me) keeps playing.[/quote] You should never pre-order, especially with bungle. Let them NBC sweat out the numbers a bit, and ic you find it’s shite no reason to buy the pass maybe the next one if it’s good

Posting in language:

• Hm, sounds like American Healthcare. 🤔

Posting in language:

• My main issue with sunsetting is the simple fact that they lacked any form of it in Destiny 2. We’ve had similar situations such as random rolls, armour getting perks and then armour 2.0, but nothing akin to sunsetting. It would’ve been fine if Bungie had simply been consistent instead of giving us 3 years of absolute freedom and hen sunsetting almost all of that gear at once.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                  • Jesus, cry more

Posting in language:

• 🍿

Posting in language:

• Well then just uninstall and play cod or something. You don’t have to like sunsetting. But it has to happen. You’ll understand that eventually.

Posting in language:

35 Replies
                    • no one has a gun to your head, you can stop playing at any time. but instead you would rather complain, and keep playing.

Posting in language:

13 Replies
                      • at what point did they ever tell you a single item in the game would be relevant forever? no point ever.... stop crying, things change. either move forward or move on.

Posting in language:

30 Replies
                        • Edited by StevoEvo: 6/30/2020 6:42:21 PM
                          Many of these games are the same way. If you spend any significant time not playing the game, the game moves on and you will have to catch up to it if you decide to jump back in. Most of the time in non single player games items and activities tend to have a shelf life of sorts. It keeps the players in a loop on constantly striving for something.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          You are not allowed to view this content.
                          ;
                          preload icon
                          preload icon
                          preload icon