JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
6/30/2020 6:33:03 AM

Sunsetting should end destinys popularity

Bungie told us they would respect the time and effort we put into this game only to completely go back on their own words with this new sunsetting announcement. They want us to literally grind for the exact same weapons we already spent alot of time grinding for our favorite rolls on. To make matters even more insulting they announce they are literally removing half the content in the game that we already purchased in order to force us to buy the so called new expansion pack which seems to be a reboot of destiny 1 content. So now i get this feeling that they are just basically reselling us content we already played in order to grind for weapons and armor we already own. Now add this nonsense to the already monotonous power leveling every season and you have created the perfect time to move on to some other game. Its sad because i really enjoyed this game but i will not continue to give bungie money for things i already supposedly own. (Or used to own)

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Edited by Corrick II: 7/2/2020 4:06:12 PM
    Sunsetting wouldn't be such a bad idea if 1) Bungie didn't make it so [i]blatantly[/i] obvious that we wasted our time grinding these weapons by making us grind the EXACT SAME weapons, and 2) we could trust Bungie to add enough new weapons and armor to fill the void left by the gear being level-capped. They could have done this differently. They could have made this an easier pill to swallow by introducing the mechanic in a way that doesn't insult player's time spent and explaining how they are going to be increasing production of new content to fill the gaps. But this is Bungie. They care more about shoehorning their half-baked ideas into the game more than they're concerned with player experience.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
      DiscipleOfEris
      DiscipleOfEris

Eris Morne,her tragedy saved us all - old

Destiny’s popularity died with vanilla D2,only the addicts remained

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Well it's simple fella . Don't buy anything else unless they change. Don't buy the new dlc. Start looking for another game to invest time in. 👍

Posting in language:

• Edited by AngryBovine1419: 7/2/2020 1:25:30 AM
        Destiny is not popular anymore, they took care of that with the start of D2, which sucked more than anything could suck. Ever since, it sucks, with the exception of Forsaken, which is the work of another company, not Bungie. Now, their tactic is equal to throwing a handful of sh-it in the air and telling us it’s sunshine (aka Sunsetting) The game is in fact dead. There is no new real content, re-skins, an unintelligible power system, and lies. Yes, I keep playing, like so many others because when there’s nothing else to do, like taking a Harry or eating, maybe picking the kids up... This game can still entertain for about fifteen minutes. Bungie has morphed into a yard sale of a company, they have no clue where they’re headed or what they stand for. Also, Bungie, please stop with the political BS, it’s unbecoming, especially when you do not educate yourselves on the issue.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • Nah it'll be fine. You all will buy the September dlc in secret and for some odd reason the population will go waay up in d2.

Posting in language:

• Destiny hasn’t been popular for a long time. No ones talking about destiny anymore. Allot of big games on there way though, loads of great games to look forward to.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • Lol

Posting in language:

• It won't! Do you wanna know why? Because other games suck more and offer less content then destiny does. It's why we are all here. Look, I play other games lots of them. I like getting bored so I can play other games, it's healthy. I hate the season model it makes me feel like I have to stick around or I'll be behind when the next yearly dlc comes out. I miss playing for 3 months getting max level and leaving for 9 months to play other games but no! if I do that now, I have to grind 120 light levels plus the new dlc. B.S.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • I bounce between Destiny2 and The Division2... Both of these games have serious issues . Either not listening to the fanbase or perhaps catering too much the fanbase. Something Strong comes out, people cry NERF. Fans cry we need more content, they then throw seasonal Drip-fed content and its too much for the same fanbase that cried about content. Nobody can win. Me personally was cool with the Long content droughts with things in between

Posting in language:

• Destiny's popularity ended 3 years ago...

Posting in language:

6 Replies
              • So the community asked for a reason to grind new kit and not keep on using old stuff season after season. Bungie created a reason... yet the community is not happy that they are not able to power up items that are OVER A YEAR old. End result... the community asks for everything and when Bungie does something they want they want they complain about it.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                • “Destiny’s popularity”. Destiny hasn’t been popular since D1.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                  • [quote]so called new expansion pack which seems to be a reboot of destiny 1 content.[/quote] Europa is sooooo D1. And DSC? I did that in D1. Oh yeah. And eramis? She was in D1. And Stаsis? Oh yeah, I fully masterworked that subclass in D1. That new legendary weapon? I used that in D1. The pyramids were old D1 content too.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                    • Stop crying already. Sunsetting is happening. Get over it or simply move on. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Posting in language:

• This exact post was made 5 years ago. Worked fine in D1

Posting in language:

9 Replies
                      • BUNG DOESNT RESPECT MY TIME! I WANT TO USE SAME OP GUN FOR 5 YEARS! Pinnacles were a mistake and this is the solution, don’t like grinding or don’t have the time? Don’t play the game.

Posting in language:

18 Replies
                        • Yeeaaaaaahhhhhh ....... but it won’t

Posting in language:

• Get over it

Posting in language:

• Edited by shirley timple: 6/30/2020 11:56:13 PM
                          It won't, though. You're screaming into a void for no reason. Bungie will do what they do, which is make THEIR game THEIR way. If you haven't figured that out by now, you haven't been here very long

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                          • But it won't, destiny will.keep.on rolling as always.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                            • If you’ve been playing since d1, your stuff has been sunset like 4-6 times by now.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                              • Edited by Dog Of War: 7/1/2020 6:33:53 AM
                                Why? I mean... every time a new season comes along, there are new weapons and armor at a higher level. Apart from the exotics, I don't usually spend a ton of time levelling the old ones up. I find that the new ones do about the same job in about the same way. Matter of fact, I just cleaned out my vault because it was finally full. There's no reason to have 500 old items of 750 or 900 power sitting around. My stuff pretty much sunsets itself.

Posting in language:

• We've had several sun set periods in d1 but it worked back then and the way it was done was better and more natural with an almost yearly sunset with each new expansion. With d2 we've gone this whole time without a single sunset till now making the sudden introduction of a sunset forced. Like I said we had sunsets in d1 but with each sunset period we got equal amounts of stuff to chase like when vault stuff capped out we got all that stuff replaced by the dark below stuff and so on. With this sunsetting period coming in d2 we are losing alot of loot with little to replace it. I've been through the sunsetting in d1 and pretty much see it as both a good and bad thing, good because we can see new things added to the game finally and bad being that we aren't gonna get worth while stuff to replace the stuff lost. Bungie talks about power creep and how we need more powerful stuff but that's not the case we don't need more powerful stuff just equally as powerful stuff.

Posting in language:

• it probably won't but it might see a slight dip in player base but only slightly, the amount of pre order i see is insanely high so i highly doubt it will huge drop

Posting in language:

• Warframe. DE, though not perfect, is constantly improving and building upon their game.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                • Or we could just go back to sbmm. The sweatiness is killing me. Every game is push push push...rush rush rush..win lose doesnt matter. And the meta isnt helping either. Oh well whatever. At least the IB quest is a breeze. Which is nice. So.guardiand just run and dont worry about it. The guns are kinda fun.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                                  You are not allowed to view this content.
                                  ;
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon
                                  preload icon