JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
6/30/2020 12:11:09 AM

New video of Aztecross Gaming about sunsetting says it all.

Yep, he seems as disappointed as most of us are. I still hope for Bungie to reverse this stupid decision of retiring gear, but I am realistic enough to know its unlikely and so I will remain offline Destiny.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• TERRIBLE IDEA. Just is. Idgaf what they say and how they try to justify it. Say goodbye boys. It’s been a good run. Time to jump ship. I’m so damn sick of the direction they’re taking this god damn game. Luke Smith and his trash vision for the game are running the franchise into the ground. Howwww tf he still have a job? Im so happy I took a break when I did a while back. Gonna go enjoy other games, and will keep my eyes out in case they ever turn this ship around, though I HIGHLY doubt it. Not gonna hold my breath, you shouldn’t either.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

2 Replies
    • I agree with most of what he said, but I disagree that reissuing is the only problem with sunsetting, in my opinion, sunsetting is fundamentally wrong.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
      • That video is ignorant. I love cross but he just seemed to not understand what's actually happening and the actual reason.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
        • It's not often he's as harsh as that. But rightfully so.

Posting in language:

• Did not expect this post to get so much traction, guess more players than i thought don't want sunsetting to happen. I wont lose hope but I am realistic enough to know bungie wont likely come back on this crap.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
          • If the goal is to encourage using new gear, don't put a power cap, just give a seasonal bonus to seasonal gear. This will encourage using new gear without preventing players from using their historical gear. e.g. Weapons: - equip 1 season of foo weapon: season of foo weapons do 5% more damage - equip 2 season of foo weapons: season of foo weapons do 10% more damage - equip 3 season of foo weapons: season of foo weapons do 20% more damage Armor: - equip 1 season of foo armor piece: gain minor resist - equip 2 season of foo armor pieces: gain minor & major resist - equip 3 season of foo armor pieces: gain minor, major, & boss resist - equip 4 season of foo armor pieces: gain minor (x2), major (x1), & boss (x1) resist - equip 5 seasons of foo armor pieces: gain minor (x2), major (x2), & boss (x2) resist

Posting in language:

• I only play a few nights a week, and I honestly think that sunsetting ovepowered weapons like The Recluse or Mountaintop makes sense on paper. Those weapons are so broken that the Recluse/Mountaintop/Anarchy loadout is the seriously only viable loadout to run for the "pro" gamers. I'm perfectly happy to use my non-godroll Halfdan-D and the old IKELOS shotgun in both PvE and PvP. Because of the upcoming sunset to those weapons, I've moved on to the Seventh Seraph Carbine and the Seventh Seraph Shotgun as my main weapons, and also to take advantage of the Warmind Cell mods. Do I dominate Crucible matches? Not really. But I have fun playing with guns that fit the way I like to play. Did I even consider trying to obtain the pinnacle weapons like The Recluse? No. I simply don't have the time or skill to do it. I was going into weapon sunsetting thinking that our old weapons could get replaced by new ones, and not re-issues, (although I would like a re-issued Halfdan-D with the god-roll perks). To be fair, we're getting a mix of re-issued and new weapons this season. You get weapons like the False Promises (how apt a name) auto rifle the Whispering Slab bow and the 2 swords, which are new, but then you get re-issues like Bad Omens (which I have a god roll of from Forsaken) and Gnawing Hunger (which I never got from Gambit Prime). I'm guessing Bungie's holding back the bulk of the brand-new weapons for Beyond Light, if history is any indicator. As for armor sunsetting, WTH? There is now no point in Masterworking legendary armor as it will only be viable for a year. Why go to Level 8 or higher and waste your enhancement prisms and ascendant shards? This is especially true if you hate doing Nightfalls. The worst part is that armor from the older content are being re-issued with the only new set of armor being the one that came with the Season Pass and the Prophecy dungeon. Everything else is a re-issue of regular Gambit armor, Vanguard, and Crucible/Iron Banner armor. I'm thinking Bungie is just going to rotate The Took Offense, Vigil of Heroes and whatever other existing strike armor you get from Zavala once a season and make a change in a spreadsheet somewhere to bump up the maximum attainable power level. I think Bungie did paint themselves into a corner with the creation of weapons like The Recluse and Mountaintop, and weapon sunsetting was their half-baked answer to fix it, which just took all of our hard-earned weapons and marginalized them. Shadowkeep already made the old armor useless, and now all of our hard-earned random-stat armor have expiration dates. I really feel that the only way to make up for it is to give us good NEW weapons (not re-issues or reskins) when an expansion comes out. I can understand the limited development resources available for the rest of the "seasons", but they have to deliver. As for why they have to sunset the armor? They should eliminate the enhancement prism and ascendant shard currencies altogether if they're going to expire our armor after just a year.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
            • Aztecross is the shit. Unlike Rick Kakis, Aztecross doesn't stretch 1 minute of info into a 10 minute video. When Aztecross makes a 10 minute video it is ACTUALLY 10 minutes worth of opinions (good ones) and information.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • Has Bungie even acknowledged the overwhelming disapproval of sunsetting? Bungie: “We are listening.” Yeah right!

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                • This weapon retirement and releasing the same exact gun with a different logo is like EA making the same FIFA game and slapping a new title on it

Posting in language:

• It’s shite-but if we get decent gear, then I’m ok with it. If being the operative word.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                  • The best way of protesting against sunsetting is to just use old gear in all endgame activities going forward. If enough people get stuck with low light players using whatever they want then they will come to the forums crying about it. Might take a few months but bungie will have to address it. A lot of players say sunsetting is not a problem for them, it's time for the people against sunsetting to MAKE it a problem for them.

Posting in language:

• Sadly Bungie just doesn’t care...

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • OMG sunsetting is an awful idea. I cannot imagine my self grinding legendary weapons back again, and again every season to get the same rolls that I've already had!

Posting in language:

5 Replies
                      • I'm looking forward to all of the casual forum players to actually leave like they say they are going to, it will make the overall Destiny community a better place :)

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                        • i agree with removing sunsetting but popular people are dumb because having alot of people know you and follow what you do doesnt make your opinion any less or greater in meaning

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • I'm sad about the sunsetting of weapons but as Aztecross said if they are going to bring back weapons such as gnawing hunger and death adder at least add some new perks for us to get I mean come on a death adder with NO DAMAGE PERKS! Seriously? No one wants that (at least not me) and the only reason people are mentioning it is because recluse is getting sunset as Aztecross has pointed out. I am more annoyed with the current armor system though. I don't want to have to worry about keeping this armor for these mods and that armor for those mods. It is confusing and tedious. I would prefer that if an armor is sunset at least add the mods to the general loot pool so that we can use it on any armor.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • still no response by Bungie gotta love it but they are quick to respond when a weapon is doing to much damage and needs to be nerfed right away

Posting in language:

• I have been a fan of Destiny since day 1. Bought all the pre-orders, DLC and a little extra here and there, because I enjoyed the game, the grind, the thrill of getting that Exotic and perfect gear to show off. Sunsetting has caused me to hold off buying Beyond Light, and if Destiny 2 keeps taking my hard earned gear away from me, then Destiny 2 is not a game I want to play.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                              • So why are we pissed that they are doing the exact same thing that they did in D1? The only way this goes south is if they don't offer decent replacement gear. Yes, regrinding for the same weapon all over again is dumb, that I agree with. But if you played D1Y1 this concept should not be new or revolutionary to you. VoG armor/weapons didn't carry over to crota and so on. So either don't pre-order and wait and see, or pre-order and do it knowing that it's a leap of faith.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                                • Its just so -blam!-ing sad to see such a great game get butchered like this.

Posting in language:

• Still annoys me that they decided to BRING BACK sunsetting. I remember the celebrations in the forums when they decided to remove gear sunsetting back in Destiny 1. Hell, I remember the celebrations when they added SBMM back in Destiny 1. The game originally was peer to peer CBMM and people whined for 2 years until it finally got replaced with SBMM.

Posting in language:

• Sunsetting is quite literally THE DUMBEST idea coming from Bungie since vanilla Destiny...

Posting in language:

23 Replies
                                  • we dont know for sure whats gonna happen and what new weapons or rolls are coming till sept. So on that note why not wait till then and see how it all works out before screaming about it. Then if its bad then post about it but at this moment its 90 percent speculation that we are gonna regrind the same weapons only because we have new rolls this season of weapons. As far as anyone knows these guns getting sunset might be gone forever. Im ok with alot of weapons being gone i know for fact no one uses every gun they have in their collection. So wait till sept and see what happens

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                    • Yeah, regrinding for the rolls that I already own is really stupid.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                                      • Like, I just don’t know why Bungie can’t rework exotics, or nerf/buff things properly. And why do we go in circles. Like, OG not forgotten has the same kill time as an auto rifle.

Posting in language:

You are not allowed to view this content.
                                      ;
                                      preload icon
                                      preload icon
                                      preload icon