JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
Edited by NVMYGT: 7/2/2020 6:20:41 AM
NVMYGT

Sunsetting only works when the replacement is new gear

Reissuing the same stuff that you are sunsetting makes the whole thing redundant and pointless If you aren't prepared to replace at least 1/4 of the 3466 items that light.gg says that you are sunsetting with new gear, don't do it. Its a bad idea... abort mission. You cant do it, you are proving it now while reissuing reprised versions of weapons that we already have. (weapons that aren't even at the power cap yet). [spoiler]go to light.gg and count them for yourself... I am not going to take the time to separate duplicates from that list but feel free to do it for yourself[/spoiler] By the way Bungie, I haven't even touched my Throne Cleaver since I got Falling Guillotine. When you give us stuff that is new, fun to use, and viable... we will use it, we will self sunset, no need to force it on us. _____________________________________________________ To be perfectly clear: I am 100% AGAINST sunsetting. Replace it all or don't bother. You can't convince me that sunsetting my gear and reissuing it is okay... it is asinine. Pointless. Redundant. Disrespectful

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• [quote]Reissuing the same stuff that you are sunsetting makes the whole thing redundant and pointless If you aren't prepared to replace at least 1/4 of the 3466 items that light.gg says that you are sunsetting with new gear, don't do it. Its a bad idea... abort mission. You cant do it, you are proving it now while reissuing reprised versions of weapons that we already have. (weapons that aren't even at the power cap yet). [spoiler]go to light.gg and count them for yourself... I am not going to take the time to separate duplicates from that list but feel free to do it for yourself[/spoiler] By the way Bungie, I haven't even touched my Throne Cleaver since I got Falling Guillotine. When you give us stuff that is new, fun to use, and viable... we will use it, we will self sunset, no need to force it on us. _____________________________________________________ To be perfectly clear: I am 100% AGAINST sunsetting. Replace it all or don't bother. You can't convince me that sunsetting my gear and reissuing it is okay... it is asinine. Pointless. Redundant. Disrespectful[/quote] No need to sunset if new gear even just [b][i]looks[/i][/b] sexy.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

1 Reply
    • Yea the gear that is available now will be the entire loot pool for the rest of the franchise, that's what sunsetting means....

Posting in language:

2 Replies
      • Everybody is getting butt-hurt over this sunsetting issue. And you can't see it for what it REALLY is - Bungie is using this opportunity to UPDATE the weapons. Look at the Ikelos shotgun - the 'new version' is an available drop from 'Prophecy'. The 'new' version has the current traits of our weapons - mod slots, new masterwork system, RANDOM ROLLS. It makes MORE sense to eliminate the outdated versions than keep both versions intact. It seems lazy, and like a cheat, but it IS better that Bungie is making us 'earn' the new versions rather than just issue them to us. There are PLENTY of weapons I have recently acquired, that were vanilla D2, and was disappointed that I couldn't add mods or anything. The ONLY complaint there really is about sunsetting is losing masterworked weapons and not getting bonus materials to masterwork the successor.

Posting in language:

34 Replies
        • Yeah, count me out as a paying customer. Destiny had a ton of potential, but there are some really stupid people making decisions. No worries, it's just a game, an inferior product. I will find others that are actually managed by competent people. They won't miss me. Nor will I miss them.

Posting in language:

• .... I did read light.gg and most of the weapons are new or are Y1 weapons that never got random rolls now getting random rolls that people asked for... So what are you making a mistake or is this community a walking hypocrite?

Posting in language:

13 Replies
          • I’m almost sure this has already been mentioned, but new gear is pointless when they’re just gonna be re-skinned. You know they will be too. I don’t really mind though. As far as non-exotic weapons go, there currently isn’t more than 10% of all weapons that are viable for pvp. I’d like to see that expand a little bit.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
            • Edited by Hector the Cabal: 6/30/2020 4:01:45 PM
              I completely agree. I don’t like sun setting, but If you’re going to sunset, go 100% sunset and don’t re introduce old gear as new gear. [i]“No more half measures”. [/i] -Mike Ehrmantraut

Posting in language:

• Considering that I could never get a reckoning run done due to idiotic teammates, some of the gear is new. Haha!

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • I love it when people try to use light.gg statistics when they are clearly overinflated to include duplicates galore. Not to mention that this includes Year 1 weapons and Armor 1.0 (both being useless). Seriously ask yourself, how many different legendary weapons do you use in endgame content? Here's all of the weapons I've infused up to use in endgame content: 1. Mountaintop 2. Spare Rations 3. Perfect Paradox 4. Recluse 5. Drang (Baroque) 6. Summoner 7. Jack Queen King 3 8. Falling Guillotine Next season, 4 of those weapons are getting sunset, so I'll replace them with new weapons like Dire Promise, Long Shadow, Seventh Seraph VY-7, and Last Hope. Then the next season, the cycle will continue, I rarely use more than about a dozen weapons at any given time for endgame content, which is the only content affected by sunsetting.

Posting in language:

6 Replies
                • As long as the remaining Y1 weapons get brought up with random rolls, and any and all reprised weapons don't have just the same damn lootpools from previous seasons, then it actually has the potential to go smoothly. Armor, on the mechanical end, is getting sunset because of the seasonal mod slot; that's the only thing that separates different armor sets from each other beyond looks. I don't agree with it, but if mod and masterworking costs get reduced then it will at least be tolerable. The in-game way of unlocking transmog should also be reasonable so Eververse doesn't become the main focus of the season. Could also be a way to bring back armor set bonuses so there's another incentive to use the newer armor. There's ways to make sunsetting work. Just a matter of if Bungie can put the extra effort in to make it so.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                  • Completely agree with that, gotta be new weapons aaaaall the way.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    • New eukaryotes and any returning weapons better have new perks and combinations

Posting in language:

• I mean we are getting new, we know this. I'm sure people will forget all about it once they get some new stuff. But bringing back reprise weapons when people spent a long time farming god rolls is unforgiveable.

Posting in language:

• What I think is really funny is how some think this company is replacing most of the old gear with new gear they created. Sorry, but not sorry to disappoint anyone that thinks that. Yes, there will be some new gear, but most of the gear that will drop in almost all activities will be gear you have already acquired a couple of times. Just most of it will drop with weak at best stats and some of the new gear will most likely be the same gear with a slide change with a different name, shader, or whatever but called new gear. I'm going to wait until I see what they actually offer before I buy the next expansion. If it is anything like CoO, no thanks, been there done that and that caused a lot of the player base to drop off. Also, this company will get the most backlash they ever had if that takes place. Hopefully, someone working for this company is smart enough to tell them, remember what happened with the base game and CoO? Yeah, you really don't want to do that at this point.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                      • Dude, all of you are acting like Season of Arrivals is the September Update, you have no idea whats coming. Shut up babies.

Posting in language:

7 Replies
                        • The point isn't to replace weapons, it's to reissue them. The reason Sunsetting is being implemented is so that, instead of creating 20 new weapons that are just reskins of existing weapons, they can simply reissue the old weapons with a new light level and possibly different perks.

Posting in language:

• I'll be surprised if in Beyond Light the majority of weapons for Iron Banner, Crucible, Gambit and Vanguard strikes turn out to be anything other than more reissues again.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                          • If they plan to reissue weapons at least give them the new seasonal perks. Think if Gnawing Hunger rolled with killing wind or Night Watch etc.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                            • Hold on a minute? If they’re releasing the same gear than why sunset to begin with? Seriously questioning the logic here man

Posting in language:

11 Replies
                              • Sun setting hasn't happened yet. All we can hope for is the gear with beyond light is extensive and meta changing.

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                                • Sunsetting and reissuing is fine and can work well, the issue is there NEEDS to be a way to raise the maximum level cap if the reissued gear. There’s ZERO reasons why these IDENTICAL items can’t be infused into the older versions to raise their caps or a way to transfer the roll you had onto the reissued version. Bungie is honestly spitting on their player base with not being able to infuse the old pieces up

Posting in language:

4 Replies
                                  • Bungie is obviously in the business for wasting other peoples lifetime and making a profit from it.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                    • We are not making destiny 3 We ARE destroting everything over the next 12 months We are not making destiny 3

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                      • I think this is a tricky subject. The guns that are older models (so old they have set rolls) should be brought back and re-earned (ie ikelos weapons in prophecy). If the guns already had random rolls and Bungie is adding one or two new roll options then the point of sunsetting the gun is lost. For example, I have a roll I enjoy using on my Last Hope sidearm. If Bungie were to bring back that sidearm after sunsetting I would be upset that I now have to grind for a roll I already have in my vault. In this case, Bungie should look into increasing the power level allotment for the gun coming back. If I want the new options then I can grind for them, but if I don't then I can bring my gun out of retirement and power it up for some fun again.

Posting in language:

10 Replies
                                        • You would think they'd be smart enough to have atleast a 2-3 season gap before bringing the same back. Shows the clear and obvious lack of foresight this team possesses. This lack of content during a games as a service model is precisely why folks like me are feeling less and less engaged. And this lack of engagement carries over to likelihood of purchasing the dlc. Either expansion OR games as a service model. Clearly this team doesnt have it in them to do both, as they sacrifice the quality of content provided for each model to acheive both at a mediocre to poor level.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                                          • Edited by Aboy6: 6/30/2020 1:45:00 AM
                                            [url=https://youtu.be/zSCidJA5Ml4]sunsetting sucks[/url] The sunsetting idea is just stupid. Clearly shows that bungie give up in new ideas.

Posting in language:

2 Replies
                                            You are not allowed to view this content.
                                            ;
                                            preload icon
                                            preload icon
                                            preload icon