JavaScript is required to use Bungie.net

Destiny 2

Discuss all things Destiny 2.
5/22/2020 2:03:32 AM

The Demise Of A Company

When I was growing up, the company that was the Amazon or Apple of today was General Electric. There were many books written about it and it was hailed “the company too big to fail”. Fast forward to today. It’s stock price as of this writing was $6.38. This company, at one time, had the highest market capitalization of any company in the world. What does this have to do with video games? We are witnessing the implosion of a company that was once a great developer. This company brought us Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo Reach for crying out loud. Today this company is a mere shell of itself. It is the General Electric of the gaming community. I wish I knew why laziness and complacency has decided to become a mantra of this company but I doubt you will recover from all of your missteps. Sure, us nostalgic gamers want you to be what you have been in the past, but just like General Electric whose message from their stockholders have fallen on deaf ears, you have utterly failed this community.
English
#destiny2

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• This is exactly what I don't understand. Yes this was well written and you have sentiments. people like to say to bungie that they have failed their community yet these people still are here on the forums and still are playing the game. we can complain all we want but when they see us still playing and still engaging on the forums, we are giving mixed messages. It's one or the other.

Posting in language:

Play nice. Take a minute to review our Code of Conduct before submitting your post. Cancel Edit Create Fireteam Post

• Whatever happened to Deej?

Posting in language:

7 Replies
    • Cool story?

Posting in language:

• Kamikaze style. Get woke go broke Bungie!

Posting in language:

• Get woke go broke Bungie.. They'll end up kamikazing themselves with this game.

Posting in language:

• I've compared them to the big 3 auto makers in the early 80's. They thought their influence was so strong that they could pump out garbage quality and get away with it, almost 40 years later and people still don't trust US quality in cars. I think Bungie thinks they have such a strong hold on whatever you'd call the niche this game fills that they can just do as they please.

Posting in language:

• To the people saying listening to gamers is bad, I agree. We each have are own ideas of what should or shouldn't be in the game. But bungie has done plenty to show that at times they are clueless. Just a few points there are others. 1. D1 sucks at launch, Osirus is the worst dlc ever, until now. Bungie starts over buffing weapons and supers etc. Gets players back and then they just slowly merging everything back to where it was. 2. 2 1/2 years for trials to return, they need time to figure out how to improve or make it right. Osirus comes out exactly the same as in D1 ,except for tokens, and cheating at a new level. Most people already have stopped. 3. Sunsetting weapons and armor, which until I see what these wonderful new guns and armor are , i am skeptical to say the least. Especially armor that takes for ever to get high stat rolls in the area you want them in. 4. Also there are around 40 guns coming out with curated rolls, because someone at bungie figured out that there were going to be a ton of archetypes not represented. So let's go regrind them with less than desired curated rolls. 5. This season is horrible to say the least. Guardian games,you mean bounty games. The lie, enough said. This season could have been added to the winter season, and know one would have known the difference. 6. If player numbers drop they will just start bringing the same crap back, this has happened several times in destiny's lifespan. REGRIND AGAIN. This game just goes around in circles and after almost 6 years, you would think their would be a vision, and sticking with it. Sorry for the rant, but I do like this game, but at times, it just blows my mind with the lack of vision, and following through.

Posting in language:

• the trend is for long term companies to eventually sell out their value propositions for more profit honestly a natural progression in the shareholder value driven system we have these days, it demonstrates the breaking point of the current system

Posting in language:

• Just people who’ve used up their creativity. Time for new blood.

Posting in language:

• They deserve it.... bad decision after bad decision

Posting in language:

• If any game if company were to listen to their community, that game would be horrible. Why? Because gamers suck at game design.

Posting in language:

5 Replies
      • Spawn = nonce

Posting in language:

3 Replies
        • Yeah, guns in PC are too stable. Therefore, stability must be nerfed across all platforms.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
          • Company ? Game designers ? More like artists, I've never seen a company get so much cash for give and take in my life. Year 6 coming and it's still D1 cut back up in different smaller slices.

Posting in language:

• Nah Bungie is still making money hand over first. Not to mention their Halo sales made Microsoft GE. They were just the engineers GE paid to design for them.

Posting in language:

13 Replies
            • Read some of the Glassdoor reviews and you'll have some clues

Posting in language:

1 Reply
              • https://www.theweek.com/articles/844962/how-capitalism-killed-best-video-game-studios

Posting in language:

• Think about it... and it ain’t right. The plague of civilized society and an absolute cancer on the spirit of innovation and individual accountability. If know, you know.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                • "I wish I knew why laziness and complacency has decided to become a mantra of this company" One name. Luke Smith. Just my opinion.

Posting in language:

3 Replies
                  • Is this opinion? How accurate is this? If even the slightest accuracy, are there any changes coming?

Posting in language:

• GE does black projects now. They make trillions.

Posting in language:

1 Reply
                    You are not allowed to view this content.
                    ;
                    preload icon
                    preload icon
                    preload icon